Rumor Hall of Presidents Replaced by Muppets American History Show???

Tony the Tigger

The last time I saw it was Obama. I found that version touching and uplifting. Not particularly interested in visiting since.

My argument for keeping it would be the hope that this climate is temporary, and provocative things will seem less so over time.

Failing that, do something to it. Muppets are fine. Something else entirely is fine, but would be more expensive and controversial, and kind of sad.

TrainsOfDisney

The last time I saw it was Obama. I found that version touching and uplifting. Not particularly interested in visiting since.
They did some major technical upgrades during the Obama - Trump changes and rewrote the script. They did an amazing job - it’s worth seeing again if you get the chance.

My only complaint with the upgrades is the audio - when the Presidents speak it is too clear and crisp - it doesn’t sound natural like it used to.

STITCHGEFAN

I've never done HOP so I'm part of its problem. I just don't care about it one way or another. I assume there are more engaging ways to celebrate American history and do so respectfully. If it gives Muppets a presence in the parks, happy days for me.

Phicinfan

I just don’t see it happening. Similar to the rumors every year of moving CoP and/or it’s a small world.

That being said, I have to be honest, a muppet Kermit walking thru history with just a bit of tongue in cheek humor could be a great add for family entertainment.

I also think putting HoP in American pavilion in EPCOT isn’t a terrible idea, more edjutainment that was old EPCOT

rle4lunch

Catering (kowtowing) to the louder more vocal disgruntled minority of the population that thinks that the Founding Father's were bad people for creating America, so let's make a joke out of the whole situation?? Maybe, maybe not. While I think Sam Eagle is one of the funniest muppets of them all for his ultra patriotic views, I feel that this is just another way to push Walt out of Walt Disney CORP.

CJR

Keep in mind, this is hypothetical, however, and I don't mean for it to be political, just putting this situation out there, but let's say we finally get our first woman president.

Is it a bad look to change the show to The Muppets after multiple decades of a more dignified show, in that situation? Some people may say, "they're only changing it because of xyz." No matter what, there will be some controversy. Even if it's to have a more timeless show that doesn't need to be changed every four to eight years. They need to be ready for that.

WeNamedTheDogIndiana

If Disney did want to keep a flavor of staying up-to-date with the presidential cycle, they could have the current President do an interview with the Muppets as part of the pre-show. It would certainly be cheaper than creating a new animatronic, and I'd wager a pre-show would be less likely to draw the...vocal responses the current animatronics sometimes get.

Andrew25

Muppets in Hall of Presidents serves multiple purposes and gets Disney out of multiple problems.
+Keep Muppets at WDW (if Monsters, Inc. replaces it)
+Continued Muppets Merch Sales
+Muppets Themed Restaurant to increase interest at Liberty Tree Tavern
+Removes the need to update HoP every 4-8 years
+Increase interest, therefore added capacity to MK (while technically not a capacity addition, it will increase utilization of the theater. Same way GOTG wasn't technically an addition to Epcot, but it certainly being experienced by far more people than Ellen every did.)

This could be a relatively short-term addition in the interim between now and Cars/Villains.

I still think the best choice is for Muppets to go to the Imagination Pavilion.

Disstevefan1

There is no doubt HOP will go - look at what's happening -
Liberty Square Riverboat - Gone.
Rivers of America - Gone.
Tom Sayer Island - Gone
Liberty Square - probably gone?
HOP - No doubt gone.

Do you hear that sucking sound?

They are sucking the spirit of Walt Disney out of Walt Disney World.

They might as well just rename it to Bob Iger World and get it over with.

Lilofan

There is no doubt HOP will go - look at what's happening -
Liberty Square Riverboat - Gone.
Rivers of America - Gone.
Tom Sayer Island - Gone
Liberty Square - probably gone?
HOP - No doubt gone.

Do you hear that sucking sound?

They are sucking the spirit of Walt Disney out of Walt Disney World.

They might as well just rename it to Bob Iger World and get it over with.
Patriotism seems to be going by the wayside…😟 what’s next the MK Flag ceremony ?

Disstevefan1

Patriotism seems to be going by the wayside…😟 what’s next the MK Flag ceremony ?
Very sad and I would not be surprised if this goes away eventually.

Bob is smart, he removes patriotism a little at a time, notice how few Independence Day decorations there were this year.

No doubt, "In response to guest demand" the Flag ceremony will be removed eventually.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom