Rumor Hall of Presidents Replaced by Muppets American History Show???

Nobody goes into the Magic Eye Theater. I don't care what they put in there. And to your point, why bother moving all that stuff if few, if any, sit down to watch for a few minutes?
My point was that I don't think they would ever make the move. The show is aged and expensive and obviously earmarked for removal - if not now, then soon. But as a classic attraction attached to a (hopefully) reinvigorated Imagination Pavilion (if they ever get around to that), I could have seen it.

Also, people used to go to the Magic Eye theater. They certainly don't now (why would they?), but they used to.

Horizons '83

In the Parks
No
Agreed - and the Muppets/Jim Henson represent unbridled Imagination better than most IPs they could shove in there - but remember that we aren't merely moving a film, but a preshow, multiple AAs (Statler & Waldorf, Bean, an entire Penguin Orchestra, Swedish Chef), live actors (Sweetums), projection, smoke, and bubble effects, etc. That's a major project.
Yep, there would certainly need to be some work. It's also a smaller theatre, but id rather have that then no Muppet Vision at all.

Mireille

Premium Member
It’s time for Hall of Presidents to go. Quite frankly, we don’t have near the same reverence for the office that we had in 1971. And animatronics of the Presidents aren’t as novel as they were then either.

I do hope that Disney will donate the animatronic figures to the presidential libraries of each respective president. That would be a really cool way to honor the work of the artists who sculpted them.
We didn't have the same reverence for the office in 1972! The Watergate break-in and ensuing scandal pretty much tarnished that, but HoP still made it another 50+ years.

Lilofan

This isn’t about kowtowing to anybody about the Founding Fathers. The divisiveness they’d be trying to eliminate has to do with more modern presidents. They’d rather not have crowds yelling let’s go Brandon at Biden or booing Trump. Having a lighthearted muppet interpretation of American history instead can ease the tension.
I can just see the rest of the world making fun of our country in that the Kermit the Frog and Gang take over American History.

WorldExplorer

Would moving them to a new show actually quell the controversy that much? Isn't a large part of why Muppet fans consider Muppet Vision so special because it was Jim Henson's final work and one of the last times he voiced Kermit? There's no way to make up for that.

Then again, "we know this image of a frog makes you happy, but have no clue why, so we figure the frog anywhere will work" sounds very much like modern Disney. As does fans going "well, at least...".

Tjaden

Might as well, when you are trying to Universalize Disney you don't have space for things like edutainment, TSI, or pretty scenery.

Not a lot of money in that these days compared to overloading on IP and pulling in the masses.

bmr1591

I really don’t think it’s as complex as we’re making it here. The show is half empty (if not more) almost every single day. It isn’t a matter of divisiveness or inappropriateness, it has to do with space utilization and money. Now, we can argue those are bad barometers, but that’s what it comes down to.

It should move to American Adventure.

Disstevefan1

I really don’t think it’s as complex as we’re making it here. The show is half empty (if not more) almost every single day. It isn’t a matter of divisiveness or inappropriateness, it has to do with space utilization and money. Now, we can argue those are bad barometers, but that’s what it comes down to.

The American Adventure is perfect as is. It gives me chills of pride, but then again, I am a weirdo.

As for HOP, at a minimum for for me, I do not want to lose a cool, dark, seated attraction that is NOT a sign along.

We are not in control, Disney will do what Disney will do. These are not the first mistakes they have made, nor will they be the last.

At the very minimum, I do not want to lose a cool, dark, seated attraction to rest and get out of the heat and if I am lucky catch a few Zzzzzz.

The Leader of the Club

American Adventure is also, in my recent experience, half empty or more every single day

Lilofan

I've been going to the parks for 35 years and last year was the first time I did American adventure. I originally went in for a nice cool break. I left really happy that I went in, it was very well done.
My favorite part of the American Adventure is listening to the Voices Of Liberty perform their set under the Rotunda. The acoustics in the area are incredible.

TrainsOfDisney

My favorite part of the American Adventure is listening to the Voices Of Liberty perform their set under the Rotunda. The acoustics in the area are incredible.
The voices are one of the reasons I can justify the price of an Epcot ticket - not even exaggerating. Of course, I’ve noticed they always do a Disney song in each set now, they were not spared from the IP mandate either.

Lilofan

The voices are one of the reasons I can justify the price of an Epcot ticket - not even exaggerating. Of course, I’ve noticed they always do a Disney song in each set now, they were not spared from the IP mandate either.
We enjoy going back to American Adventure multiple times during the day. Each set the Voices of Liberty performs is different songs. I remember a number of tears were shed during the sets immediately after 9/11/01 when we were there at that time at Epcot.

TrainsOfDisney

We enjoy going back to American Adventure multiple times during the day. Each set the Voices of Liberty performs is different songs. I remember a number of tears were shed during the sets immediately after 9/11/01 when we were there at that time at Epcot.
They don’t perform it often, they need the right group of singers to pull it off - but Voices performing the Battle Hymn is one of the most incredible live performances anywhere on the planet. I’m pretty sure it’s still Johnsons arrangement.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom