Rumor Hall of Presidents Replaced by Muppets American History Show???

The Leader of the Club

In my opinion they should either keep it as is and have severe penalties for disruptive guests or just get rid of HOP and replace it with some kind of museum like exhibit on Presidential History in the same building.
There’s already a museum in the lobby of HOP. That building takes up too large of a footprint to devote solely to a presidential museum. I’d rather see them leave the lobby exhibits and gut everything else and use the space to expand PPF and add in another Fantasyland dark ride where Philgarmagic is.

Magenta Panther

1. Gives the Muppets a home that isn’t taking up valuable real estate in MK
2. Get rid of a polarizing attraction that isn’t Disney IP
3. Less animatronics to attend to and devote budget to every 4 years.
4. Would probably be more popular on average than Hall of Presidents
1. They got kicked out of their home in Disneyland and no one cared.
2. The HoP is NOT POLARIZING. Where the heck did this idea start? HoP is about AMERICAN HISTORY. Not politics. Good grief.
3. Oh boy, let's replace animatronics with hand puppets. Progress!
4. Very likely not. I'll tell you why. When Michael Eisner was CEO of Disney, he (foolishly) bought the Muppets, and was going to replace Disneyland's Great Moments with Mr. Lincoln with them. The public raised holy hell, and he backed off. So much for "more popular" than HoP.

The Leader of the Club

1. They got kicked out of their home in Disneyland and no one cared.
2. The HoP is NOT POLARIZING. Where the heck did this idea start? HoP is about AMERICAN HISTORY. Not politics. Good grief.
3. Oh boy, let's replace animatronics with hand puppets. Progress!
4. Very likely not. I'll tell you why. When Michael Eisner was CEO of Disney, he (foolishly) bought the Muppets, and was going to replace Disneyland's Great Moments with Mr. Lincoln with them. The public raised holy hell, and he backed off. So much for "more popular" than HoP.
1. MuppetVision was replaced by various temporary offerings before permanent removal. This is like saying nobody cared when Spectromagic left for MSEP, we all thought it would eventually come back.
2. The men on that stage are polarizing figures, and have only become more-so since 1971. That’s a fact.
3. More live entertainment in the parks isn’t a bad thing. Also, Muppets could be animatronics like they are in MV3D.
4. Florida and California are very different markets. Mr. Lincoln is a Walt original in Walt’s park. It has roots dating back to the World’s Fair. WDW appeals to a more international audience who, frankly, don't care about American Presidents. Also, since this was considered Disney Fans have grown to love the Muppets more and the Presidency less.

WondersOfLife

Blink, blink. Breathe, breathe. Day in, day out.
I think the actual discourse is not much worse but the amplification of the extremes by social media and 24 hour news channels makes it seem like it is.
That literally makes it worse.
Out and about in my daily life, I have yet to witness a political argument or fight break out between strangers. I'm sure it happens sometimes but if the discourse was as bad as it appears then I'd expect to see that type of thing somewhat frequently.
Do you frequent the southeast of the United States? As someone who has to tour into schools and direct children's theatre for a living, it is a bit tense sometimes... In SCHOOLS. It's crazy. I have to sign a waver that says I won't mention anything political at all. Schools shouldn't have to make people sign a waver.
OK, nobody complained about Reagan being added. He only got 50.7% of the popular vote in 1980 so there was clear "division." Or Clinton who only got 43% in 1992.
Like you said, new age, new technology, makes things worse these days.

doctornick

The upside for Disney, as a company/business, would be to sell Muppets Merch and utilize the Muppets brand the way they need to. Seems like a no-brainer to me.
How is that any different/better than what they have currently? That literally burning millions of dollars for a lateral move.

doctornick

1. Gives the Muppets a home that isn’t taking up valuable real estate in MK
2. Get rid of a polarizing attraction that isn’t Disney IP
3. Less animatronics to attend to and devote budget to every 4 years.
4. Would probably be more popular on average than Hall of Presidents
None of these actually address a “problem” unless “spending more money to run an attraction than Disney wants” is somehow an issue. And why should any of us care or want Disney to make decisions based on being cheap?

HoP isn’t remotely polarizing.

aladdin2007

What if something became Muppet Mansion up the way? I joke yes but don't put it past them, this is the exact type of management now that would try and pull that no matter how much the public screams. They are on a rip out replace binge, not one thing is safe. Except for bear jamboree since it was was just done.

Last edited:

WorldExplorer

The upside for Disney, as a company/business, would be to sell Muppets Merch and utilize the Muppets brand the way they need to. Seems like a no-brainer to me.

If they're that interested in Muppet merchandise, they should probably reopen the giant store right next to MuppetVision that's been shuttered for four years. They clearly aren't THAT invested.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom