Rumor Hall of Presidents Replaced by Muppets American History Show???

Magenta Panther

I love the hall of president's. My kids love it too. Not a fan of the current prez and many of the previous ones, but I do love the country and it's people, It's our history and I embrace it. You don't have to agree with history to appreciate it and learn from it.

I just got back from WDW and not sure if I'll ever go back. WDW has a lot of problems, but HOP isn't one of them. If they replace HOP with the Muppets then there is no question..... I'm done and my wallet will thank me.
I love HoP too, although whoever's sculpting the more recent presidents is no Blaine Gibson (Obama, Trump, Biden...gah. Creepy and barely recognizable. The Twitter account for Madame Tussaud's made fun of the Trump one by displaying a picture of their much more superior sculpt). I find the attraction stirring and inspiring. Those who find it boring can go ride the Teacups for the umpteenth time. For kids, the HoP might be their best experience of American history. To replace that with an off-brand has-been IP would be the supreme idiocy - but again, I wouldn't put anything past Iger these days...

Magenta Panther

I dony think they KNOW if they are or not yet. The added so much theming to the area, then they got rid of theming. Then they added some muppets to liberty square then got rid of them. Then added theming to regal eagle and a light show on Spaceship Earth.

I think Disney just needs to figure it out. Muppets are profitable. That is obvious. Their fandom is super loyal. But Disney is just confused. Muppets isnt even owned by the movie company anymore. Theyre owned by the theme park division last i checked. So lets get them in the parks some more.
Yeah? If they're so profitable, how come the Muppet merchandise in the dedicated Muppet gift shop was gradually replaced with Mickey stuff, and finally the shop was closed down altogether?

SpaceMountain77

Maybe it is time to update this line for the Carousel of Progress:

You know, Walt loved the idea of progress, and he loved the American family. And he himself was probably as American as anyone could possibly be.

WondersOfLife

Blink, blink. Breathe, breathe. Day in, day out.
You're just ticked that events have proven me right that the puppets are has-been flops.
Yeah? If they're so profitable, how come the Muppet merchandise in the dedicated Muppet gift shop was gradually replaced with Mickey stuff, and finally the shop was closed down altogether?
I love that this is your main personality on this site.

Streetway

Original Poster
Yknow this reminds me of how muppetvision almost replaced Mr Lincoln in the 90s before people complained. i dont know HOW they wouldve fit it in Lincoln, but they had plans. Never been. How big is the theater?

PizzaPlanet

Yknow this reminds me of how muppetvision almost replaced Mr Lincoln in the 90s before people complained. i dont know HOW they wouldve fit it in Lincoln, but they had plans. Never been. How big is the theater?
I don’t know exact seating capacity but it definitely felt more intimate than most Disney theater shows and much smaller than MV3D. I have know clue how they would’ve fit all the AAs and effects

The Leader of the Club

What about a variation on America Sings? It has the Americana vibe and Disney historical significance that HOP has, while also taking the controversial figures out of the Magic Kingdom.

I think it’ll also have been long enough since Splash’s closure that people will be excited to see characters like the Boothill Boys and the Swamp Boys again.

Heck, we could even have the Muppet Sam Eagle host instead of Burl Ives if we need to follow the IP mandate.

Brer Panther

What about a variation on America Sings? It has the Americana vibe and Disney historical significance that HOP has, while also taking the controversial figures out of the Magic Kingdom.

I think it’ll also have been long enough since Splash’s closure that people will be excited to see characters like the Boothill Boys and the Swamp Boys again.
Not a bad idea, but from my understanding all of the Splash Mountain animatronics were trashed.

And with our luck, they'd probably have the animals all sing Disney songs.

doctornick

Even better, what if they could get the rights and have Muppets redo How a Bill Becomes a Law. I would watch the heck outta that in HoP.

Disney owns Schoolhouse Rock - they appear on D+ for example - and if they have to change HoP I would much favor doing something in that vein. Feels more in the spirit of Liberty Square to me.

Bocabear

I love that the Hall of Presidents and Liberty Square is a little variation from the zany attractions. A more solemn attraction that stirs our patriotic emotions... It adds a little depth to the day. I would double down on this area... Maybe even add a gallery or portal separating the "Square" from the main promenade where the current and soon to be demolished Rivers Of America currently are... allowing the Liberty Square area to feel more peaceful... more set apart... more important.
It does not however need Muppets. And I like Muppets.... but not in the Hall of Presidents.....

Moth

Disney owns Schoolhouse Rock - they appear on D+ for example - and if they have to change HoP I would much favor doing something in that vein. Feels more in the spirit of Liberty Square to me.
Why the heck isn't this apart of the conversation for a HoP make over what??? This is such an easy "circle block fits in circle hole" situation versus trying to put in Muppets? Crazy.

AidenRodriguez731

Why the heck isn't this apart of the conversation for a HoP make over what??? This is such an easy "circle block fits in circle hole" situation versus trying to put in Muppets? Crazy.
Schoolhouse Rock has some major fans obviously but it isn't a huge IP. It fits very well but doesn't sell merch afaik and doesn't have the name recognition of something like Muppets. As a Muppets guy myself, I would be happy with Muppets but I would realistically be even happier with Schoolhouse Rock because its a great fit. Or we can go back a few years and just do the obvious Hamilton show. 🤷‍♂️ I think it still has the audience and fits enough even if its a vastly fantasized and dramatized version of history but hey isn't that most of the "history" based lands anyways?

AidenRodriguez731

I'd be cool with HoP getting redone using just washington/lincoln/Jefferson to talk about historical usa
Would also be cool with this. Obviously these figures aren't perfect and would probably also receive some backlash in some circles but I think most people can agree on their historical importance and overall that they deserve to be in the attraction + represent an America where more respect was given to the Presidential role... (well for the most part with Lincoln anyway)

MickeyLuv'r

Schoolhouse Rock has some major fans obviously but it isn't a huge IP.
While I agree, the songs are very catchy. I slightly liken them to the songs used in the GoG movies. Not that they are the same, but many of the songs used in the GoG movies were also somewhat forgotten/unknown by younger people until the movies reintroduced them.

Animaniac93-98

Probably because Schoolhouse Rock is not seen as a valuable franchise or IP by those in charge

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom