Rumor Hall of Presidents Replaced by Muppets American History Show???

ᗩLᘿᑕ ✨ ᗩζᗩᗰ

HOUSE OF MAGIC
Premium Member
Family Guy, and most Fox adult animation series sans Simpsons, maybe Bob's Burgers for the food concept alone and possibly Futurama (which was at Springs!) will never be seen in any capacity at any Disney Parks or experience.

Those three are safe, not much in those that wouldn't be seen in a PG-13 MCU or SW film sans some themes that can easily be toned down for parks representation/ignored all together.

Family Guy, American Dad, and whatever else are completely different monsters and operate on a more adult scale than what I feel Disney would be comfortable with. Deadpool is an exception due to the character being popular with teenagers and being relatively easy to tone down (even had a PG-13 film already!).

Some R rated properties, such as Alien and Predator, can be turned into theme park attractions and I can see Disney exploring these IPs due to their legacy and popularity along with making these attractions for the 13+ crowd. Something like the 'Nostromo' concept finally becoming reality would be an easy bone to throw.

But Family Guy in terms of its R-rating is more than the violence seen in Alien and Predator, it's the language and content seen in it. I don't expect it to ever touch the parks in any manner. I see Simpsons in the children's toy aisle at Target and Walmart, I even have a Homer on my work desk, I saw Alien and Predator toys in the children's toy aisle a few years back also, you'd never see Family Guy in those aisles, and to a greater extent, at a Disney park.
I think Futurama is my darkhorse. It could be toned down and made to fit in EPCOT, DHS or MK's Tomorrowland. The vibe and themed stories lend themselves well to a theme park attraction.

Moth

Peter Griffin is in Fortnite. The line has been, and will probably continue to be, blurred.
See I was thinking of this point also. Could a toned down Family Guy attraction work in the parks? Probably. Deadpool does seem to be getting a warm welcome in DLR resort anyways.

Brian and Stewie in Road to the White House: A Hall of Presidents Adventure :^)

BuzzedPotatoHead89

See I was thinking of this point also. Could a toned down Family Guy attraction work in the parks? Probably. Deadpool does seem to be getting a warm welcome in DLR resort anyways.

Brian and Stewie in Road to the White House: A Hall of Presidents Adventure :^)
Another option is a Cars-universe Hall of President brought to you by Presidents Lincoln and Ford as a literal Lincoln and a Ford.

Po'Rich

I do.

I don't think they care anymore. They got backlash for Splash. They got backlash for Riverboat/TSI. They can get backlash for this one. As long as it makes more money, they don't care. They know that "backlash" will die down one day.

Unless they close it beforehand. That'd be nice, too.
They got backlash for Splash, but they could say that they were removing a racially insensitive ride. The backlash they are getting for the Riverboat/TSI is really only from Disney fans. The backlash they would get from the Hall of Presidents would be from people questioning Disney's loyalty to America. It would be far-reaching throughout the U.S. and could affect multiple parts of their business. I just don't think Disney will risk it.

doctornick

They got backlash for Splash, but they could say that they were removing a racially insensitive ride. The backlash they are getting for the Riverboat/TSI is really only from Disney fans. The backlash they would get from the Hall of Presidents would be from people questioning Disney's loyalty to America. It would be far-reaching throughout the U.S. and could affect multiple parts of their business. I just don't think Disney will risk it.

This. I don't necessarily think it would be so big as to dramatically hurt the company, but it will certainly feed into already existing distrust and resentment of the company. It seems to me to be a foolish and unnecessary PR hit for something that is otherwise completely under the radar (and not a problem).

Removing HoP creates the problem. Its existence isn't an issue that causes any trouble for Disney even with the rare guest doing catcalls.

DisneyCane

And none of that makes the attraction divisive. That’s entirely on the guests not on the attraction. The show is exceedingly neutral and unassuming and is merely a roll call and the acknowledgement of who has held the office.
It is very bizarre to me that HOP is now considered divisive and controversial. I mean, if you look at history, there were 36 times the President was elected with less than 54% of the popular vote. The country has been pretty consistently divided and then once in a while there is a landslide. Nobody complained about Zachary Taylor or Grover Cleveland being on the stage.

If I don't like the then-current President then I don't go into HOP if I don't want to hear their recording and see their animatronic. However, there is no question in my mind that they should be part of the show whether I voted for them or not. They were elected President and HOP is supposed to honor all who have had the same distinction.

bwr827

It is very bizarre to me that HOP is now considered divisive and controversial. I mean, if you look at history, there were 36 times the President was elected with less than 54% of the popular vote. The country has been pretty consistently divided and then once in a while there is a landslide. Nobody complained about Zachary Taylor or Grover Cleveland being on the stage.

If I don't like the then-current President then I don't go into HOP if I don't want to hear their recording and see their animatronic. However, there is no question in my mind that they should be part of the show whether I voted for them or not. They were elected President and HOP is supposed to honor all who have had the same distinction.
It’s not about percentages. If you don’t think the dynamic has changed dramatically, you’re not paying attention.

WondersOfLife

Blink, blink. Breathe, breathe. Day in, day out.
Deadpool has been in projects aimed at the younger crowd before, such as the aforementioned PG-13 version of Deadpool 2. I just feel Deadpool is in a different boat than seeing Peter and Roger in a Disney park due to the fact he's been marketed to kids before in cartoons, and his connections to the Marvel branding
The deadpool thar Disney is currently utilizing is NOT marketed to kids. In any shape or form. You arent going to win that debate.
I can see the Drunken Clam at Disney Springs eventually. Springs can probably play more loose than the parks themselves.
I believe studios would be a great fit for the fox tv show properties. Like a strip of shops and food options with a star tours replacement, that is what i could see.

WondersOfLife

I don't think HoP is as divisive as people are claiming.
Goodness, yes it is. There was a very loud applause for one president. Then an even louder applause for another president. And a big dude stood up and said "shuddup" and a mother on the other end said "sit back down there are children here." And the cop dude slowly started walking down the aisle as this was happening. Then he slowly walked back up.

it was so uncomfortable that my group left early.
I do however think it sees a lower number of visitors which is the more likely reason for the overlay pitches.
This is another reason to close it, then.

WondersOfLife

They got backlash for Splash, but they could say that they were removing a racially insensitive ride.
They can say they are removing an attraction due to rising political tension in a new age.
The backlash they are getting for the Riverboat/TSI is really only from Disney fans.
...and? Backlash is backlash.
The backlash they would get from the Hall of Presidents would be from people questioning Disney's loyalty to America. It would be far-reaching throughout the U.S. and could affect multiple parts of their business.
This sounds very dramatic. It would probably just effect the same crowd associated with Splash. And maybe a few Disney fan loyals.
I just don't think Disney will risk it.
I disagree.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom