• Welcome to the WDWMAGIC.COM Forums!
    Please take a look around, and feel free to sign up and join the community.You can use your Twitter or Facebook account to sign up, or register directly.

Guide to DLR for WDW Veterans!

MLevell

Yeah I won't lie waking up so tired to such bad weather I did think about not going but I told myself other people would have the same thought and I was right. As for Star Tours yes it was all original trilogy no sequel stuff at all it, went Vader, Hoth, Leia, Boba Fett.

Phrubruh

Advertisement
SMOKING:
Disneyland and California Adventure currently each have one designated smoking area. Those areas will be eliminated and smoking will only be allowed outside the secure areas of the Esplanade.

That essentially will make Disneyland a smoke-free resort as of May 1.

DSteph

Two park arrival questions from this Disneyland rookie.

1. If I can put all of my "stuff" in my pants pockets (not carry a bag of any kind), can I skip bag check? Does this save somewhat significant time entering the park?
  2. When, precisely, will I be able to put Max Pass on my phone? After I am scanned through the turn styles?
OK, that's actually four questions. :) But I'd appreciate any guidance you can give.

BasiltheBatLord

1. If I can put all of my "stuff" in my pants pockets (not carry a bag of any kind), can I skip bag check? Does this save somewhat significant time entering the park?
Yes, there are two lines, one for people with bags and one without. You'll save some time, I don't know if I would call it significant though (unless the recent changes to security have made this different).

2. When, precisely, will I be able to put Max Pass on my phone? After I am scanned through the turn styles?
Yes.

DSteph

One more question about Max Pass. When I enter the Disneyland park, can I use Max Pass to line up passes at both DL and DCA, or can you only get them while you are physically in that park?

Disney Irish Bruh

One more question about Max Pass. When I enter the Disneyland park, can I use Max Pass to line up passes at both DL and DCA, or can you only get them while you are physically in that park?
You can get passes for both from either park once you are physically inside. So you can get passes for DCA while in DL and vice-versa.

act2306

We're heading to DL for our first visit in 2 weeks. I can see the schedule on-line, but I have a question about Mickey's Mix Magic - does the projections run every night, or just the nights that it's mentioned on the schedule. Do the projections always have fireworks? How do I know which is which? We're there a Wed-Fri (I figure Friday is my best chance to see some pyro...I'm not a huge fan of projections on the whole....)

PiratesMansion

We're heading to DL for our first visit in 2 weeks. I can see the schedule on-line, but I have a question about Mickey's Mix Magic - does the projections run every night, or just the nights that it's mentioned on the schedule. Do the projections always have fireworks? How do I know which is which? We're there a Wed-Fri (I figure Friday is my best chance to see some pyro...I'm not a huge fan of projections on the whole....)
To my understanding, the projections run every night and the fireworks run Fri-Sunday. So Wed-Thurs. would be projections only.

DSteph

Another MaxPass question. There will be three (adults) of us. All tickets are linked to my account. I assume all three of us will need to purchase MP separately, or can it be done once for all on my device? When it's time to get a MP, will each need to do it separately on their own device, or can we do all three at the same time on one device?

Disney Irish Bruh

Another MaxPass question. There will be three (adults) of us. All tickets are linked to my account. I assume all three of us will need to purchase MP separately, or can it be done once for all on my device? When it's time to get a MP, will each need to do it separately on their own device, or can we do all three at the same time on one device?
It can be all done on a single device.

DSteph

1) At rope drop, can you walk through the castle (when it's fully open) to Fantasyland, or do they take you on a path around the castle?
2) Can I pay for MaxPass on my park app before I reach the park, or can it only be purchased after entry?

Thanks!

Disney Irish Bruh

1) At rope drop, can you walk through the castle (when it's fully open) to Fantasyland, or do they take you on a path around the castle?
2) Can I pay for MaxPass on my park app before I reach the park, or can it only be purchased after entry?

Thanks!
1. Yes, I believe so.
2. You can only purchase MaxPass on the App once you are passed the gates. It uses GPS in order to tell where you are. This prevents people (locals) from "collecting" FPs before they get to the park.

Top Bottom