Guide to DLR for WDW Veterans!

act2306

We're heading to DL for our first visit in 2 weeks. I can see the schedule on-line, but I have a question about Mickey's Mix Magic - does the projections run every night, or just the nights that it's mentioned on the schedule. Do the projections always have fireworks? How do I know which is which? We're there a Wed-Fri (I figure Friday is my best chance to see some pyro...I'm not a huge fan of projections on the whole....)

PiratesMansion

We're heading to DL for our first visit in 2 weeks. I can see the schedule on-line, but I have a question about Mickey's Mix Magic - does the projections run every night, or just the nights that it's mentioned on the schedule. Do the projections always have fireworks? How do I know which is which? We're there a Wed-Fri (I figure Friday is my best chance to see some pyro...I'm not a huge fan of projections on the whole....)
To my understanding, the projections run every night and the fireworks run Fri-Sunday. So Wed-Thurs. would be projections only.

DSteph

Another MaxPass question. There will be three (adults) of us. All tickets are linked to my account. I assume all three of us will need to purchase MP separately, or can it be done once for all on my device? When it's time to get a MP, will each need to do it separately on their own device, or can we do all three at the same time on one device?

Disney Irish

Premium Member
Another MaxPass question. There will be three (adults) of us. All tickets are linked to my account. I assume all three of us will need to purchase MP separately, or can it be done once for all on my device? When it's time to get a MP, will each need to do it separately on their own device, or can we do all three at the same time on one device?
It can be all done on a single device.

DSteph

1) At rope drop, can you walk through the castle (when it's fully open) to Fantasyland, or do they take you on a path around the castle?
2) Can I pay for MaxPass on my park app before I reach the park, or can it only be purchased after entry?

Thanks!

Disney Irish

Premium Member
1) At rope drop, can you walk through the castle (when it's fully open) to Fantasyland, or do they take you on a path around the castle?
2) Can I pay for MaxPass on my park app before I reach the park, or can it only be purchased after entry?

Thanks!
1. Yes, I believe so.
2. You can only purchase MaxPass on the App once you are passed the gates. It uses GPS in order to tell where you are. This prevents people (locals) from "collecting" FPs before they get to the park.

H20Babie

Hi there! I'm thinking about going to DL solo in 2020. Need some tips and recommendations. How many days do you need for both parks and DTD? Best time to go , weather and crowd-wise? Any recommendations for hotels (considering solo female traveler - I've heard some of the walks can be sketchy)? TIA!

SteamboatJoe

Hi there! I'm thinking about going to DL solo in 2020. Need some tips and recommendations. How many days do you need for both parks and DTD? Best time to go , weather and crowd-wise? Any recommendations for hotels (considering solo female traveler - I've heard some of the walks can be sketchy)? TIA!
If you are going solo, I'd recommend staying on property, if you can afford to do so, or staying off site and renting a car to park in the Disney parking structure.

A hardcore, do everything Disney parks fan needs 4 - 5 days for a first time trip. I did 5 last year. A not so hardcore person, or those that don't do the more intense rides, would probably only need 2 - 3.

Someone else here could speak better about when to go, but I would imagine a non-holiday weekday when school is in session is probably a more optimum time to go if you want to avoid crowds. That or any day it is raining 😀

Touchdown

How much of a parks fan are you? 3-5 days depending on how big of a fan you are, budget, and how much you enjoy the parks. Going rope drop to close you can hit everything in 2 days. 3 days is what I suggest to “normal” people and I would suggest springing for a hopper before going beyond 3 days if your budget does not allow for both.

If you are looking for walking distance and worried about safety I would stick to either a hotel on Harbor by the enterance or a hotel walking distance from the Toy Story Lot (and it’s free bus) (homewood suites on Harbor, Marriott, Sheraton or Hilton convention center.)

As for when to go, that depends on you California weather is pretty nice all year round. When you go is up to what events you want to go to, I would avoid Jan-May because a lot of refurbs happen then and at least one night shows go on hiatus every year. Summer is more hot but fireworks and midnight closes every night, Fall brings Halloweentime which is my personal favorite, but Christmas season is a close second. Still avoid any major holiday (especially Christmas New Years and the 4th of July) to avoid crowds.

truecoat

If you are going solo, I'd recommend staying on property, if you can afford to do so, or staying off site and renting a car to park in the Disney parking structure.

A hardcore, do everything Disney parks fan needs 4 - 5 days for a first time trip. I did 5 last year. A not so hardcore person, or those that don't do the more intense rides, would probably only need 2 - 3.

Someone else here could speak better about when to go, but I would imagine a non-holiday weekday when school is in session is probably a more optimum time to go if you want to avoid crowds. That or any day it is raining 😀

The DTD area is much smaller than the one in Florida. I'm not sure you'd need much time at all, maybe after park closing to look around.

Disney Irish

Premium Member
Do you really need Max Pass at DL?
No, but it makes life easier. Its digital FP and allows you to get a FP for anywhere in the park. Regular FP is still available, you scan the barcode on your park ticket at the attraction and it gives you a paper with a return time now. The actual FP is in the system tied to the barcode on your park ticket.

Or you can go real old school and do standby instead of using FP/MaxPass.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom