Guide to DLR for WDW Veterans!

truecoat

Can everything be done in 4 days? Everything with MaxPass can be done in 2 days, 3 days if you're taking your time.

You need 3 days at least unless you're powering through everything. 4 days should be fine in my opinion and it allows you to re-ride all your favorites. I've thought about buying a 4 or 5 day in the future since the extra days are so cheap and use 1 or 2 of them just for Fireworks/parades at night and a few rides.

SirWillow

Can everything be done in 4 days? Everything with MaxPass can be done in 2 days, 3 days if you're taking your time.

I would encourage at least 4 days, and really 5 is better. On our 5 day trip in October there were still a few things that we missed and didn't do, though we did get rerides on several things as well. Just to see all of the night entertainment though you need at least 3, between Fantasmic, the fireworks, and World of Color. And there is so much in Disneyland it really takes 2 days to feel like you'e seen and explored most of it.

The 5 days allows you plenty of time to relax instead of charging, see everything, get your rerides, see the shows, and some extra time to visit characters or do extras if you want.

And put a day in around day 3 to take a break. You'll want it.

Andrew M

You need 3 days at least unless you're powering through everything. 4 days should be fine in my opinion and it allows you to re-ride all your favorites. I've thought about buying a 4 or 5 day in the future since the extra days are so cheap and use 1 or 2 of them just for Fireworks/parades at night and a few rides.
I would encourage at least 4 days, and really 5 is better. On our 5 day trip in October there were still a few things that we missed and didn't do, though we did get rerides on several things as well. Just to see all of the night entertainment though you need at least 3, between Fantasmic, the fireworks, and World of Color. And there is so much in Disneyland it really takes 2 days to feel like you'e seen and explored most of it.

The 5 days allows you plenty of time to relax instead of charging, see everything, get your rerides, see the shows, and some extra time to visit characters or do extras if you want.

And put a day in around day 3 to take a break. You'll want it.

Yeah, that was my thinking for the 5 day ticket, even if the extra is just a half day to get a couple of rides to go on again or to see fireworks it's worth it.

truecoat

Yeah, that was my thinking for the 5 day ticket, even if the extra is just a half day to get a couple of rides to go on again or to see fireworks it's worth it.

In a quick search, to go from 3 to 5 days parkhopper at Ares Travel costs only $37 more per ticket ($325 vs $362).

CalebS

Apparently coach is stoping their disneyland express from LAX to Disneyland area hotels. That was the service I was going to use for my first ever Disneyland trip in May. What would be the next best way to get there besides renting a car?

Tinkwings

Pfizered Fairy
Premium Member
In the Parks
No
Two questions for you DLR vets, I used to go to DL about once a year, back when my mom would have an annual conference right across the street, but haven't been since 2010. We've been to WDW quite a few times, but I'm looking to bring my family for the first time, wife and 3 kids, will be 7,6 & 4. Going for the first week of September in 2020, hopefully alot of the schools will be back so the crowds might be manageable. Anyway my question is, we're gonna do a Hopper w/ MaxPass, can everything be done in 4 days, or should I just go for the 5 day to make sure we can take our time? And, it looks like HMH opens sometime in early September, how early do they release the schedule for that?

Last year I was asking about HM overlay opening, and was told historically its always the Friday after Labor Day....or the second Friday in September....Hoping that is still the case 2020....:happy:. Seems Labor Day was early in 2019, the 2nd and I just read it opened on Friday the 6th. Labor Day this year is September 7th, so if pattern follows it would open September 11th.....

Last edited:

Bongocrab88

Apparently coach is stoping their disneyland express from LAX to Disneyland area hotels. That was the service I was going to use for my first ever Disneyland trip in May. What would be the next best way to get there besides renting a car?

I would fly into Orange County SNA if possible, it might cost a little more but you wont need to rent a car and any hotel near the resort will be the quick Uber away. The savings of flying into LAX will be dented significantly if you need to spend $80 each way for Uber rides to and from airport. Plus you have to build in more time to get to and from airport.

Tinkwings

Pfizered Fairy
Premium Member
In the Parks
No
Ok got my tickets for my first DLR trip later this year. Added hopper and Maxpass. Am I correct that because I already added this I will be able to snag fastpasses once I enter Disneyland without setting it up on phone? ;)

freebird72

Ok got my tickets for my first DLR trip later this year. Added hopper and Maxpass. Am I correct that because I already added this I will be able to snag fastpasses once I enter Disneyland without setting it up on phone? ;)
Without having to go through the step of purchasing Maxpass on your phone, yes. But if those tickets aren't already imported into the app (by virtue of you being logged into your Disney account when you bought them), you will need to get the tickets stored in your app. You can do that now by scanning the code on the ticket, or manually adding the ticket number. Once that is done, the day of your trip, you scan into the parks, and you are good to go to book fast passes on the app.

Atomicmickey

Question, DL veterans: Is a Fantasmic dining package worth it? In my calculus, it means: more time not in a line, (not having to show up an hour and a half early), better view, more comfortable (apparently you get cushions?). The bonus for me is to eat in Blue Bayou, wanted to do that since I was a kid. Am I right about the other stuff?

Touchdown

Question, DL veterans: Is a Fantasmic dining package worth it? In my calculus, it means: more time not in a line, (not having to show up an hour and a half early), better view, more comfortable (apparently you get cushions?). The bonus for me is to eat in Blue Bayou, wanted to do that since I was a kid. Am I right about the other stuff?

You also get the front and center view and get to sit. No reason not to if you are going to Blue Bayou anyways, I suggest getting the late show if you can so you can watch the fireworks by the castle.

Tinkwings

Pfizered Fairy
Premium Member
In the Parks
No

That's my plan, to do Blue Bayou package, the little seat cushions are quite cute....and practical....and it's location, location, location.... :cool:
I have never actually seen it at WDW as we never have spent whole day at DHS.....actually avoided that park altogether a few trips. SO DL seems like a WIN WIN for seeing it. :angelic:

SirWillow

We did it last October and was absolutely worth it. Not only did we have great meals at the Blue Bayou, but the reserved seating, front and center, for Fantasmic was a huge stress/ time saver rather than try to fight the crowds for a place without as good a view. Oh, and they give you seat cushions to keep as well, which were nice for sitting on the ground.

It's a package I would do again.

THE 1HAPPY HAUNT

We did it last October and was absolutely worth it. Not only did we have great meals at the Blue Bayou, but the reserved seating, front and center, for Fantasmic was a huge stress/ time saver rather than try to fight the crowds for a place without as good a view. Oh, and they give you seat cushions to keep as well, which were nice for sitting on the ground.

It's a package I would do again.
whats your you tube channel again?

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom