Guest Relations Call Today...ugh!!!

blackthidot

Original Poster
In the Parks
Yes
Well I called the number that a few people on here provided me with today.

I was calling to set up the engagement I want to make when we arrive next month. So I asked about being the only people in the portrait chamber when its very slow or after Wishes right when the park closes. The call went to the travel company first. He then transfered me to MK guest relations and SHE then transfered me to Disney Weddings. After about 45 minutes of being on hold and passed around like a joint at Woodstock the woman from WDW Weddings said to talk to whoever is in charge at HM when I get there the day I want to propose.

I intended on doing this but I wanted my plans to be more solid. Ughhhhh I hate not having a plan!

foreverbelle

I just wanted to say. OMG...that would be awesome! to be asked at Disney. How romantic. I hope you get your plans solid. I think I would freak out if something like that was happening. I can totally understand. I hope all goes well and that you get a hold of someone to make your proposal magical!

sublimesting

I was calling to set up the engagement I want to make when we arrive next month. So I asked about being the only people in the portrait chamber when its very slow or after Wishes right when the park closes. The call went to the travel company first. He then transfered me to MK guest relations and SHE then transfered me to Disney Weddings. After about 45 minutes of being on hold and passed around like a joint at Woodstock the woman from WDW Weddings said to talk to whoever is in charge at HM when I get there the day I want to propose.

I intended on doing this but I wanted my plans to be more solid. Ughhhhh I hate not having a plan!

That's gonna make things nerve wracking all the way until it works. Luckliy my plan worked but I remember being more scared of it failing than actually doing it.

durangojim

How do you go about talking to whoever is in charge at HM? Do you just walk over there and say "I want to talk to whoever is in charge?" That would freak me out if I didn't have some solid plans. Great idea and good luck!

blackthidot

Original Poster
In the Parks
Yes
My plan is solid and I wanna do it the first night I am there. I am sick of holding onto this ring. I want to give it to her already!

I could wait till the 30th when we go to the MNSSHP at the very closing of the park. NOBODY is EVER there then. I just dont want to wait 8 days to do it. Ill go to guest relations once we hit MK and Ill ask them what to do or who to ask. Cause the CMs at HM basically ignore you...its part of their job! lol

Crazy4WDW1

How about visiting the guest relations at MK upon entering the park? Explain the situation and see if they can hook you up with a manager in that area. :shrug:

Mukta

I'm nervous about you finding the time to be alone to ask guest relations or a concierge. I don't want your GF to be suspicious of anything. I wish guest relations was more helpful. I love your proposal idea and I want it to go off without a hitch!

Disney_Belle

Best of luck and I really hope it works out for you!!! I hope your plan comes together perfectly :)

My husband proposed to me in WDW, during Wishes (even though it is common - it is one of my most favorite parts of WDW!). He was going to do it the first day we were there, so he wouldn't be thinking of it the entire trip, but then Wishes got rained out and he had to wait another whole day lol.

I can't wait to hear all about it when you get back!

blackthidot

Original Poster
In the Parks
Yes
I'm not really that concearned with being alone. It would be nice but if it can't happen then oh well...I can slip away to talk to guest relations that's not an issue either. Thanks for the nice thoughts guys I'll be updating what happen on the bus ride home.

board57796

I am going to get in touch with one of my managers, he was a HM CM and I know that he is still in touch with some HM GSMs (Guest Service Manager).

BigB911

If you need any help with this while you are there, let me know. We'll do anything we can. I'll e-mail you our itinerary on facebook...hopefully some of our days will mesh and we can meet up.

blackthidot

Original Poster
In the Parks
Yes
If you need any help with this while you are there, let me know. We'll do anything we can. I'll e-mail you our itinerary on facebook...hopefully some of our days will mesh and we can meet up.

Cool. Our first day we are going to Epcot for lunch then hopping the Monorail for MK. I want to do it that first day. If GR or the HM staff cant accomodate what I wanna do then it would be cool if you and your family would come in the HM when I want to do it just to take up more space and get a good deal of photos. My brother is a moron with a camera.

rlaeromech

This itself is a great lesson on marriage.

Flexibility and improvisation is key! Both of those have helped me in my 10 years. Do your best to have a solid plan, but not so rigid that one crack destroys the whole idea.

If the metal on titanic wasn't so rigid and brittle, it may still be floating around today.

PhotoJoe

We saw three proposals at DL on Saturday. One in front of the Mouse flowers in the entrance and two at the castle. It was GREAT.

Good luck. She'll remember it forever!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom