Guest attacks Disney bus driver

Tom

Beta Return
Yeah, you have to wonder what is proper etiquette in a situation like that?

Right. The problem at most of the resort bus stops is each stop USUALLY hosts more than one bus (aka destination). So, when you walk up and see 10 people there, you don't know who was there first for BUS A vs BUS B.

Unfortunately etiquette tends to go out the window and it becomes survival of the pushiest.

That's pretty much how we treat it anymore. We walk up and just stand somewhere amongst the herd of people waiting. If someone got there way early and sat down in the back, they're SOL. I stand fairly near where I know the front doors will be and just lean against something to look casual.

But once the doors open, we inch forward and get on. In a queueless system like that, it's every (wo)man for him/her-self.

duckwashere

I don't work for the company

It was reported on another forum that neither party pressed charges according to two local news reports. I think that answers the question of if goofntink's story was valid.

you are so correct, I do not follow these post, but when I saw the company being spoke of in such a great way I got sick !:( we call this rumor control. if security (undercover) was on this bus why did they not come to the aide of these people ? driver or guest ? security afraid to get involved again ? or to busy doing some menial task ? Again I know for a fact security was not NOTIFIED to the following day. No body was arrested and that is easy to figure out, just watch the NEWS, no names have been mentioned. I even went and talked to a deputy on Saturday to VERIFY my first hand knowledge, and has of noon Saturday no body filed a report. Also remember enough of us BUS DRIVER's have been pushed around by guest and even injured were 1 driver spent time in in the hospital. And guess what no body arrested or banned from property, It comes down to the bottom line MONEY, :hammer: But with all that said us bus drivers come back every day just for that one special smile from a guest be cause we made them feel special, we have a tough job but we love what we do, and we won't let one unruly guest stop us.:sohappy: oh and my sentence forming might not be great but I was hired for my ability to move guest around the property, and at least I can use spell check !!! some managers can't even do that !!!!!!!:lol:

duckwashere

HOW are some of these people

I just wanted to say that you never know who is writing in these forums, :fork:but I noticed some of these post are from management, and past management,:mad: again damage control, kudos to these people' they got a lot of you on there side, :sohappy:but there are quiet a few I also noticed that are hourly employees, and thanks for shedding light on are day to day fight with the company,:ROFLOL: and what they say is a SAFE environment,

mrtoad

Sounds exactly like the bus stops at every Disney resort hotel :lol:

I believe quite the opposite. I think they should ADD queues to the resort stops, because there is absolutely no crowd control currently, and I've routinely been in awkward situations of "who was here first? aww, heck with it, nobody's moving, just get on".

This is absolutely true. For instance at POR there are benches inside the overhang where you wait for the buses. I usually don't sit on them I just go and stand where the bus pulls up because there is no way of knowing who was at the stop first. But also I can stand there waiting for 20 minutes and if a bus pulls up for a park I was not planning on going to and and then right behind is the one I want, I still might not get to get on even though I stood there for 20 minutes because my correct bus is 40 feet away and everybody on the benches runs and gets on.

It seems either way there is no perfect way to make it fair. If they added a queue it would solve all of that....

Tater48

I don't work for the company

you are so correct, I do not follow these post, but when I saw the company being spoke of in such a great way I got sick !:( we call this rumor control. if security (undercover) was on this bus why did they not come to the aide of these people ? driver or guest ? security afraid to get involved again ? or to busy doing some menial task ? Again I know for a fact security was not NOTIFIED to the following day. No body was arrested and that is easy to figure out, just watch the NEWS, no names have been mentioned. I even went and talked to a deputy on Saturday to VERIFY my first hand knowledge, and has of noon Saturday no body filed a report. Also remember enough of us BUS DRIVER's have been pushed around by guest and even injured were 1 driver spent time in in the hospital. And guess what no body arrested or banned from property, It comes down to the bottom line MONEY, :hammer: But with all that said us bus drivers come back every day just for that one special smile from a guest be cause we made them feel special, we have a tough job but we love what we do, and we won't let one unruly guest stop us.:sohappy: oh and my sentence forming might not be great but I was hired for my ability to move guest around the property, and at least I can use spell check !!! some managers can't even do that !!!!!!!:lol:

Couple of points I must be missing in this post. First, right off the bat, you state in bold letters, "I don't work for the company" then you go on and start using the terms we and us as if you do work for the company. Which is it, do you work for the company or do you just show up day after day to watch people drive the bus? Then you go on to talk about asking some Deputy to "Verify" your first hand knowledge. If it was first hand knowledge, why did you need to get it verified? And as it has already been stated previously, we all know how reliable "News" reports are. How do you know all these things as fact, does Disney put out letters every day with facts about what did or did not happen on the previous day? Out of all the Deputies that work for the OCSO, do you actually think that every one of them knows the particulars of every crime committed in Orange County, or are going to volunteer up information to someone who does or doesn't drive a bus for someone (we know it's not Disney, because you have already stated this as fact)? We had 40+ Deputies assigned to our district and we couldn't tell you what happened from one scene to the next scene a couple of blocks away, so, just because I didn't give names to a reporter for a news station, does that mean that these people weren't really arrested or that a crime was actually committed?:brick: I guess now I know why I didn't become an English teacher. Just trying to decipher this post just about gave me a headache.:hammer:OK, I'm through, for now.

duckwashere

sorry to confuse you

:zipit: when I say I don't work for Disney I mean management, I am a cast member.:veryconfu sorry for the way I put it.:shrug: again I will not disclose the source of my information, the same has I would not expect you either. and has I stated English was not my major. But I only wrote on this site because Goofntink ( hope I got that right,) was making it look like the company did the right thing for my fellow driver !! if some of you poster's work for the company you know what I mean. I did not post here to have people think my info was false, nor has anybody else. but wonder!! who is company and who is management. lets all remember May 9th, when a cast member turned on over 200 bus driver's to get promoted. alas he didn't get the promotion.:( but 2 good people lost there job's. know you can bash me all you want, I have expressed my view and need say no more.

MAF

Well, which is it? First you site random sources on another forum for reason to discredit someone, then you say that random sources on forum boards aren't reliable. Can't have it both ways.

Wrong! If you look back a few pages you will see the direct link to the news website that reports on this incident. I'm sorry that you want to believe that justice was served, but frankly it was not and the guest who choked the poor bus driver got away with it scot free. No charges were filed...

Tater48

Wrong! If you look back a few pages you will see the direct link to the news website that reports on this incident. I'm sorry that you want to believe that justice was served, but frankly it was not and the guest who choked the poor bus driver got away with it scot free. No charges were filed...

Not wrong, you made these two comments. As far as justice served, show me where I've stated that's what I'm after. It's not up to me to see that justice is served. Show me facts, like a link to the OCSO that shows no report was made and nothing was done. Maybe a link to the Dispatch tapes for that night. Links to WESH, or the Orlando Sentinel aren't what I'm looking for, either. I need something reliable. Prove your facts, and you will make me a believer, because as of right now myself and many others on this board aren't really sure as to what happened after the tape stopped rolling, like yourself and duckwasher are. Simply put, I have my doubts about your and duckwashers versions just like you have your doubts about goofntinks version.

fosse76

If you think that was a nasty response, you must not get out much. :wave: However if you were offended then I am sorry. What it says about me is that I am tired of people complaining about a free service. I am tired of people exaggerating stories for effect. No one is forced to use the Disney transportations system, they have other options. :brick:

It's not a free service. The cost is absorbed in your room rate.

googilycub

It's not a free service. The cost is absorbed in your room rate.

So you have to be staying on Disney property to use the bus system? I have never seen them check for the Key to the World card when I have been there. I have stayed off site and used the bus sevice, was the Buena Vista Palace sending a portion of my room bill to Dinsey to cover my bus rides? The service is free, no matter how much people would like to ignore that fact....

fosse76

So you have to be staying on Disney property to use the bus system? I have never seen them check for the Key to the World card when I have been there. I have stayed off site and used the bus sevice, was the Buena Vista Palace sending a portion of my room bill to Dinsey to cover my bus rides? The service is free, no matter how much people would like to ignore that fact....

IT'S NOT FREE. You are paying for it thorugh your room rates. You seem to be the one wanting to ignore facts.

Tater48

Did it pick you up and drop you off at the Buena Vista Palace? Just curious.

Mammymouse

The word Free can be a relative term. When we go there it is paid for by the money Disney collects from us patrons. Sometimes we stay and sometimes we don't stay in a hotel - like a day trip - and we still use the buses either way, so it probably isn't tied to a hotel stay but to the admission ticket sales.
I would definitely prefer to ride a monorail - and do when I can - but can you imagine how many monorails they would need to move that many people in order to do away with the buses?!! As much as we all don't like the buses it does get the job done the most efficient way, although there is always room for improvement. Us guests are in such a hurry when we are going between Parks because we don't want to have any non-Park time and miss out on something - there is so much to see and do.
I have not experienced the bad tales told here other than some long waits occasionally, and the lack of any bus service from the front entrance to EPCOT at Christmas of 2006. It may have changed since then. Normally that would not have mattered but it was raining and there were tornado watches and we had a 2 1/2 year old and didn't think it was wise to walk through EPCOT to our hotel Boardwalk.

TimeTrip

IT'S NOT FREE. You are paying for it thorugh your room rates. You seem to be the one wanting to ignore facts.

I think the point being made is that the people that book rooms at a Disney resort subsidize the cost of the transportation for those who use the system but aren't staying at a Disney resort. So, to the people that don't stay at a Disney resort and use the transportation it is "free". Whether that's how it *should* be is a matter of debate.

Monty

Brilliant...and Canadian
In the Parks
No
"Free" is never truly free... :rolleyes:

If the municipality puts on free fireworks for Canada Day [or the 4th of July], it is paid for by taxes, so it isn't free.

If Disney provides Free DDP, it's not free because you're paying full rack rate instead of a discounted rate.

If Disney provides bus service for free it comes out of money they get from guests, wherever that may be.

But... The argument can be made that if you don't have to dig into your pocket for money to specifically pay for a given item then it's free. A non-paying visitor has the ability to utilize Disney transportation to move around property or to visit the resorts to see the decorations at Christmas or to sit on the beach at Poly and watch the fireworks with music piped in all without buying a ticket or spending so much as a dime that goes to Disney, so technically those things [and many more no doubt] are provided free by Disney as a simple part of doing business.

Tater48

Of course not. We walked across the street to DTD to pick it up. Took the bus to the Poly if you are curious.

Yeah. I was curious. Thanks. One more thing. Did you swim in the pool at the Poly while you were there? I've heard it's pretty nice. Free too, huh?

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom