Guest attacks Disney bus driver

Bluewaves

Alrighty those were terroristic threats, plain and simple, I work private security at an amusement park and if I had a guy go off on me in the midway like that the locals would come on over and charge him with disorderly conduct, assault, child endangerment, making terroristic threats ( he threatened to do harm to someone, the definition of terroristic threats) and we would have ejected him for life under the threat of arrest if we ever caught him on property again.

If this guy is lucky the bus driver doesn't sue him on top of it, not worth ever touching someone unless you absolutely must do it and then only to protect yourself.

You have the right to be grumpy but you don't have a right to cause a scene and you don't have a right to touch any one at any time, kindergarten rules of conduct that most people seem to forget.

Not to mention let me get on the bus with the driver I just shoved, yea that makes sense, lol.

trr1

Yes there will be/ We have in fact ordered more buses to service the resort once it comes online. As part of the financing for the construction of new resorts,the resort " buys " into the bus transportation system and " purchases " new buses that are added to the fleet to cover the guests that will be coming to and from the resort. We have po's for a little over 60 new buses this coming year to cover the resort and replace some that are coming up on the ends of service life. Over 30 of that number were new buses bought by the new resort.

Would like to add we are currently working on the All Star Resort load zones starting with Sports. This is being done to help speed up and make it easier for guests to load and unload off the buses,as well as make it easier to get the buses into and out of the load zone. We listened to the guests as well as our drivers on this problem and are redesigning the load zones to ease the process
how long is the life of the busses? month's, miles

googilycub

Absolutely.

No disrespect to the member who works for Disney's Bus System, but this is a fact. I've heard silly excuses such as "Well, at Deluxes, you have walking, boating or monorail options for transportation." What does that have to do with Pop Century having better service to Animal Kingdom, DHS, and DTD than the Grand Floridian?

The Pop Century has 3 times as many rooms as the Grand Floridian. I would hope the Pop ran more buses than GF.:shrug:

GrumpyFan

But yes, for a large number of people, standing on a bus should be no more difficult than standing in an attraction queue.

-dave

No offense, but this depends on how the bus driver operates the vehicle. I have been on some buses where the driver started and stopped very rapidly and took turns too fast causing the standing riders to fall over, or come very close. There have been times when I wished the buses were equipped with a gyrometer/accelerometer device to measure the driver's actions.

redkoala245

I know ppl who are in that kind of situation (about strollers,etc) and they don't care and just wait for another bus. Not beat up the bus driver…

captainkidd

The Pop Century has 3 times as many rooms as the Grand Floridian. I would hope the Pop ran more buses than GF.:shrug:

I'm not talking about more buses, I'm talking about equal service. When we stayed at Pop Century or All Stars, we never waited more than 10 minutes for a bus. At any Deluxe we've stayed at, we've waited at times up to 40 minutes.

Besides, if we were basing it on the amount of rooms, the Epcot Resort area would have just as many buses as Pop since they all share, yet we all know they don't have even close.

captainkidd

Also to comment on some other posts referring to having to stand on the bus. As guest you have no problem, nor have I heard any complaints of having to stand in line all day for the rides and attractions and having to walk around in the park. But when it comes to a 5-20 minute ride on the bus to and from your particular resort then there is a problem???????:veryconfu

Because when standing in line for a ride, we're not being swung around by the motion of a 2 ton vehicle.

captainkidd

Pop has a TON of rooms and is pretty much near capacity all the time. It also has only 1 bus stop making buses to Pop to be very crowded. More buses are needed to move all of those guests on in a timely manor.

That doesn't answer the question.

Guests at Pop and All Stars have a much shorter wait, on average, for buses than guests at the GF or Poly.

I, for one, think the Disney bus system is for the most part, pretty darn efficient. But having stayed at all levels of resorts, there is absolutely no doubt - The bus service at the Deluxe Resorts is the worst.

wannabeBelle

I work for bus operations and the entire incident was caught on the security cameras.Every load zone has a high def camera that sees the bus and load zone. We can actually zoom in with the cameras and read the drivers name and his hometown on his name tag on their uniform. Also in the video one of the gentleman on the bus,{I wont identify him} was one of our plain clothes security officers and was in the load zone at the time and witnessed the attack. Security was called along with the OCSO,and yes it took them a few minutes to get to him. This was because the bus was in load zone C7 which is in the charter bus lot and away from the regular Resort load zones near the entrance to Hollywood Studios. If you watch the video closely you will see flashing red and blue lights illuminating the side off the bus.When the wife saw them pull up the wife took off,and tried to hide in the crowd,and left her child with the husband. Other guests identified her to security. They were then removed from the bus and load zone and taken backstage. The gentleman was then arrested and handcuffed for assault on the driver. He is also facing charges for Terrorist threat due to the assault happening on the bus, and public endangerment. They were also ejected from the resort they were staying at,and trespassed from Walt Disney World property.They will not be returning to the Happiest Place on Earth ever again. Also everyone will be happy to hear the driver was not reprimanded for the incident,and continued with his job that evening. I actually saw and talked to him last night and he is doing fine.
Also forgot to add copy of the security tape was provided to the OCSO,they are in turn forwarding it to the state attorney for possible further charges of Felony child neglect and endangerment.

Awesome job by Disney and all of the great CM's involved!!!! Please let the bus driver know that he was concerned for by all of the good people on here who posted for him, including myself. Marie

googilycub

That doesn't answer the question.

Guests at Pop and All Stars have a much shorter wait, on average, for buses than guests at the GF or Poly.

I, for one, think the Disney bus system is for the most part, pretty darn efficient. But having stayed at all levels of resorts, there is absolutely no doubt - The bus service at the Deluxe Resorts is the worst.

Fact or opinoin? If it is a fact I would love to see a link to the study that prove the shorter wait for the values vs GF or Poly.

cdunbar

So ya know if you think about it you could make a drinking game into everytime somebody yells "Security"...just sayin...:lookaroun

clarabelle

I am so glad to read that charages were filed against this man and that he was not permitted to stay on property. His behavior was appalling and unacceptable. Thankfully the bus driver is doing well and has not suffered any negative consequences resulting from being attacked!

tecowdw

I chalk it up to the "I'm #1!" entitlement syndrome that people have these days.

Ain't that the truth!
I've been reading this thread and can't even bring myself to watch the video yet because I know how disgusted I would be!
:mad:

Fools (using way too nice of a word here) like this give human kind a bad name! I'm sure he deserves every charge he gets!
:fork:

And I'm not going to watch the video - my visit to WDW is too close to be upset by it.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom