News Guardians of the Galaxy party coming to Epcot this summer

FigmentForver96

As someone who lives in Orlando and goes to the park about once a week. Yeah, it does matter. If they had to play music I would rather have it done by the actual musicians with different acts each time I go.
That's your personal opinion though. The matter being discussed is the volume of the music and while you may not mind actual bands playing actual music, that doesn't make the music any less loud or any less disruptive. If I'm having lunch in Japan and the music is blaring, regardless of who's doing it, it can be considered disruptive.

mikejs78

Premium Member
That's your personal opinion though. The matter being discussed is the volume of the music and while you may not mind actual bands playing actual music, that doesn't make the music any less loud or any less disruptive. If I'm having lunch in Japan and the music is blaring, regardless of who's doing it, it can be considered disruptive.
Disruptive as compared to what? Epcot WS has always had entertainment. What, do you expect it to be perfectly quiet at a theme park?

"If I'm having lunch at Yak and Yeti and I can hear the screams coming from Everest, it can be considered disruptive.". So what's your solution, no entertainment?

FigmentForver96

Disruptive as compared to what? Epcot WS has always had entertainment. What, do you expect it to be perfectly quiet at a theme park?

"If I'm having lunch at Yak and Yeti and I can hear the screams coming from Everest, it can be considered disruptive.". So what's your solution, no entertainment?
No I'm referring to the acts taking place in the gardens by American Adventure. They consists of bands during the spring, summer and fall that play classic rock or some other form of music. My point is that nobody can claim that Guardians is disruptive without saying all performances in the gardens are disruptive.

And for the record, I find none any more distracting then the other as I actually enjoy all of them. This includes the new Guardian show

wannabeBelle

I've watched a few different videos from different sources on this show and I still think it is great. I am just sad I'll be missing it as I am probably not going to be around during these show dates. Hopefully something just as good will be elsewhere when I do get back in town!! Marie

MrConbon

Okay, but my point is about how the music is less obnoxious when it’s not the same setlist 5 times a day. If they had to make music I would rather it to be good and varied. That’s like saying, the people talking to the table next to me is making noise so why would I get annoyed at a baby crying? Just because they’re both sounds doesn’t mean both are the same levels of obnoxiousness.

FigmentForver96

Okay, but my point is about how the music is less obnoxious when it’s not the same setlist 5 times a day. If they had to make music I would rather it to be good and varied. That’s like saying, the people talking to the table next to me is making noise so why would I get annoyed at a baby crying? Just because they’re both sounds doesn’t mean both are the same levels of obnoxiousness.
Understandable but only a small minority is going to feel that way. Odds are, nobody is sitting in Japan the entire time all five shows are being played. Most people are going to catch it in passing or while watching it. The show is not long either meaning more of the day is still quite and normal.

As far as guest who go once a week, I understand as well but once again minority of people are dealing with that problem. Not that the criticism isn't any less valid, but worth noting.

Kylo Ken

Local Idiot
Well it wasn't as awful as I thought it would be. It was cheesy in that Guardians way. Placement, theming, etc aside, it was an entertaining show.
20180610_201154.jpg
20180610_201338.jpg
20180610_201345.jpg
20180610_201424.jpg
20180610_201836.jpg
20180610_201958.jpg

Last edited:

Bob Harlem

Starlord is the same actor as Bill S. Preston from the Bill & Ted show at Universal the last few years, as well as several of the others on stage. It's not a coincidence the director of the show was in charge of HHN for most of last decade. The goofiness fits, but some folks may not like it. But they do have a good set of actors up there.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom