News Guardians of the Galaxy party coming to Epcot this summer

Kman101

Could have even worked at Theater of the Stars, similar to Pixar last year. Either run shows between BatB or just in the evening. The park needs the capacity this summer.

I've always thought Theater of the Stars would work well for things like this (a theater that houses seasonal entertainment/performances). And the Pixar music thing. Or the Pixarmonic Orchestra. Or a number of things. A real stage show should be in the Hyperion. Frozen should have replaced Mermaid. Anywho ...

Princess Leia

Frozen should have replaced Mermaid. Anywho ...
Have to disagree with you a tiny bit. Tangled should have replaced Mermaid. And still should, unless Disney decides to finally do something with Moana in that space.

I'm sure the show is in Epcot to get everyone used to the Guardians being there, but it just would have been a natural fit for DHS. Oh well.

EricsBiscuit

I love the "pyro." The red flames are awesome and remind me of the Michael Jackson One Show in Vegas. The sparklers aren't really pyro. They don't even have gun powder in the granules. I met the guy who manufactures them at IAAPA a couple years ago. The used to be a couple thousand per unit but are now only a couple thousand for four on Amazon!

SuperStretccch

Glad to hear that the show is actually good, but it still doesn't make me agree with GotG being shoved where it doesn't belong.

I might check it out though, if I'm able to go while it's running. Which isn't likely, considering I have blockout for most of the summer. :rolleyes:

flynnibus

Premium Member
And it's really no different than other cover bands they used to have in the summer ... same thing just toss in Guardians characters. But I actually thought the show was kinda fun. Wrong park and place but not the worst thing in the world. I do like the music used though, that could be why. And the band seems talented. It's better than the dance-off thing they tried to peddle in Anaheim and now Paris.

Plus the GoTG merchandise/toys taking over the Outdoor vending cart in the American Pavilion... :/

flynnibus

Premium Member
E15A518A-34E4-47A9-A78A-DB43ACEBB8A3.jpeg

The Empress Lilly

I mean, what's next? A 3D movie starring the King of Pop, or something? When will the thematic destruction of Epcot Center end?
Point taken. ;)

But there is one but: the Magic Eye Theater is the realm of fanciful flights of the imagination. Pretty much anything goes.

Plus another but: EO, too, was already a celeb pop culture invasion in a bid to make EPCOT more relevant, timeless and Eisner.

V_L_Raptor

Point taken. ;)

But there is one but: the Magic Eye Theater is the realm of fanciful flights of the imagination. Pretty much anything goes.

Plus another but: EO, too, was already a celeb pop culture invasion in a bid to make EPCOT more relevant, timeless and Eisner.

It also stayed in situ. None of this synergy BS with Hooter promenading around World Showcase with a beer stein... and while the Guardians haven't exactly done that yet, crashing a FW pavilion is arguably worse.

wannabeBelle

Just saw a video where the main singer is the guy who played Dr. Facilier's assistant at Club Villain. He has a fantastic voice.
I have seen two guys so far can you post the link so I can see which one you are talking about?? I think I know which you are referring to though. Marie

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom