Guardians of the Galaxy Mission Breakout announced for Disney California Adventure

BrianLo

I'm willing to bet that the same people who are in support of the TOT overhaul would be among the first to complain if Disney ever changed the WDW POTC.

I'd be ok with WDW's PoTC being replaced, if the replacement was just as good or better. Logistically MK has bigger fish to fry than replacing PoTC.

That's probably just me though, I'm weird when it comes to my thoughts on clones.

Otherwise like @GiveMeTheMusic so eloquently stated, this is mostly a good thing, in my eyes. I'm just worried the exterior could wind up ugly.

SSG

Please tell me that's not the name? Star Wars Experience? Mission Breakout? Super Hero City? Who is coming up with these names?
I'm with you here. I want to be fully on board but these names make it tough. Ah well, people are going call them 'Star Wars Land,' 'Guardians' and 'Marvel Land' no mater what. It's like when a new James Bond movie comes out; no mater the actual name you say "two for James Bond, please."

SSG

FWIW, last I checked, there's still a sign there...

tower_of_terror_sign_by_lisacub-d41n4cp.jpg

Now when people first reported the signs were coming down, this is what I thought they meant. This made no sense to me, but the big sign? That totally makes sense if work is being done on the exterior.

Skipper Dan

Again why? So an attraction is changing. Attractions change all the time. Like I said, the new one might be miles better than the old one. We won't know until we get to ride it.

IMO people who are devoted fans of something, are so for a reason. For example, I'd imagine a good percentage of those who enjoy the HM -- like myself -- like it because it's dark, spooky and creepy. Fans of the ToT may not be so, just for the ride system. An adventure set in space, is a lot different, than walking into an abandoned hotel where guests disappeared. (Just my 2 copper coins)

Skipper Dan

So I guess you alone get to decide what is good show and what is bad show. Thanks. Maybe it's you that is missing the big picture that Disney has for the entire area. And just because YOU don't like it, doesn't make it bad show or wrong or thematically incorrect.

I shouldn't interject, but I'm going to.

I think something that could connect it to "bad show" is this... when you're given the backstory of the building in which you've just walked into via a television in the library, the video clearly shows the sign on the building. Now while no one is in doubt that they're in the same location, it just makes for some slight inconsistency.

D

Deleted member 107043

Do I think it's bad show? Yes. Does it really matter? Not really. For every 10th time Disney does it right there's always the one time the show is done wrong.

As someone else said this isn't any different than when they cover a building with scrims while refurbishment happens underneath. In fact I believe Peter Pan's façade is completely under wraps right now while the attraction is still open.

FigmentForver96

It's nice to see at least one or two people agreeing with me. Thank you, @2020_C.E.O and @britain.
It's not bad show, it's flat out terrible show and like my god at least show respect for the ride until it frickin closes. It's just really a shame. People who don't understand really don't seem to understand just what a deep experince the Tower of Terror was and will continue to be in Orlando hopefully. The Twilight Zone, Hollywood decor, creepy themeing, preshow and everything work to create a fantastic experince. But whatever

TP2000

Woke up at 2am (it sucks getting old) and what's a guy to do but turn on the Mattercam. The crane is back! And they've got huge floodlights on the sides of Tower of Terror. The workmen appear to be focusing on two things; the dome on the roof, and the scaffolding on the side of the building where the sign used to be. I'm sure there will be more destruction to view in the morning.

And speaking of signs, am I the only one who didn't think of this version of Sign Of The Times ? Obviously the 1966 Petula Clark hit single is the only version of this song worth playing, or doing the Frug to.

So, so, so much right with that video. The fabulous art direction of a splashy 1960's TV variety show (I wish that TV concept would come back!), the red British roadsters, the dancing girls in mod miniskirts that were growing shorter by the month in '66, the dancing boys that weren't quite the marrying kind (in the veiled code words of the day), and of course Miss Petula Clark just owning it all. That's what plays in my head when you kids say "It's a sign of the times".

Last edited:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom