Guardians of the Galaxy Mission Breakout announced for Disney California Adventure

SSG

Signs.jpg

TP2000

I'm probably the only person here excited about this. If the GoTG transformation was happening in the late 90s I'd be very worried, but given Disney Park's recent track record in Anaheim I'm feeling cautiously optimistic.

You're not the only one. That's exactly how I feel about this.

If Paul Pressler and Cynthia Harriss were doing this, I'd be very worried. But the track record of the last five years in Anaheim has me looking forward to this change.

TP2000

The thing I can't figure out is what they're going to do with the Red Car Trolley. Is it just going to run past Marvel Land and the new space-themed Tower? Before I would have thought this to be completely improbable, but given Disney's recent displays of what they care about cohesive theming, I'm nervous.

It'll work slightly better than a horsedrawn streetcar from 1905 Marceline, Missouri traveling past a plastic house from Monsanto and an icy mountain from Switzerland.
card00370_fr.jpg

That senile old Walt Disney never cared about theme or continuity! :D

SSG

The last time I was in the park was about six months ago. I recall seeing an astonishing sight. I saw indications of construction! In the park Walt built! It was a crane—a crane!—peeking above the trees. I fell to ground, weeping over this betrayal. “How can they take me out of the immersion like this?,” I moaned. I grabbed the wife and flew back to Seattle as fast as I could. Iger has lost himself a customer.

I hope my story inspires other victims to come forward.

Phroobar

It'll work slightly better than a horsedrawn streetcar from 1905 Marceline, Missouri traveling past a plastic house from Monsanto and an icy mountain from Switzerland.
card00370_fr.jpg

That senile old Walt Disney never cared about theme or continuity! :D
Don't forget about a big pink castle and western fort and skulls on sticks with talking tiki birds.

SuddenStorm

TDA had two options.

Close the ride in September, or let people continue to ride until January while they work on the facade early. They thought guests would appreciate being able to ride the attraction a few months longer and went that route instead.

The amount of exterior work required for the new ride is extensive and can't be accomplished in the Jan - May timeframe. It's no secret to readers of this board that the changes would start in September. Scaffolding will be coming soon.

The whole shock and surprise of this is what surprises me - did anyone think they'd be able to get the outside finished in four months? This way you can at least ride the attraction - it could just be sitting here empty at this point, which was the original plan.

They did have the third option of revising their plans for Marvel land and not closing the ride, but realistically that woas never gonna happen.

TP2000

Don't forget about a big pink castle and western fort and skulls on sticks with talking tiki birds.

Presented by United Airlines!
bda1924a97785848e088e5230b2b3689.jpg

With a United Airlines travel poster of New York City and the Statue of Liberty. Because Walt.

Somehow the concept of Disney themed entertainment will survive when the Red Car Trolley has 30 yards of track pass by Mission: BREAKOUT! next summer.

BrianLo

It looks terrible, in my opinion. An attraction, especially one like this, with no signage...bad show. It doesn't help that the signage was in big, bold letters.

This is probably terrible of me, but I'd literally have no idea it was supposed to be there if it wasn't being pointed out. The end product with it removed still looks like a normal 'open' ride to me.

Doesn't it still have a marquee that says Tower of Terror at the queue? That's all it really needs.

Addendum: I just read through the subsequent 5-10 pages of this thread and see you've already been beaten over the head by this belaboured point, sorry for that!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom