Guardians of the Galaxy Mission Breakout announced for Disney California Adventure

SSG

Sounds like mental illness to me.

It's a bit like that, but

mad..jpg

LuvtheGoof

DVC Guru
Premium Member
Speak for yourself. You're missing the bigger picture.

Disney should get rid of/re-theme MK's Pirates since the general consensus is it's so inferior to DL's, apparently.
So I guess you alone get to decide what is good show and what is bad show. Thanks. Maybe it's you that is missing the big picture that Disney has for the entire area. And just because YOU don't like it, doesn't make it bad show or wrong or thematically incorrect.

brb1006

Remember way back in 2004 before TOT opened, when Disney thought that the sign was such a crucial element of the building that they held a special event just to light it for the first time?

It had "comedian" Gallagher (of watermelon smashing fame) and some people who can scream especially loudly. It was basically just a way to drum up some publicity 3 months before the attraction opened, but they kept the sign lit after that as a reminder of what was coming. It's so strange to think that the sign has since been deemed so insignificant that should be one of the first things removed from the façade

gallagher-tower_of_terror-david_michael.jpg

screamer-tower_of_terror-david_michael.jpg

https://www.mouseplanet.com/6494/Disneyland_Park_Update

And as a bonus, it appears that these throwback photo credits go to @Darkbeer1 !
Please tell me someone recorded that.

LuvtheGoof

DVC Guru
Premium Member
Why would an attraction not have signage? Name me one ride at the DLR that doesn't have signage.
They all have signs at the entrance - just like ToT still has. Most do NOT have huge letters all over the outside. Does Space Mountain? Haunted Mansion? POTC? It's not bad show to 99.999999999% of the people in this country that those letters are gone. Just a few of you.

Californian Elitist

So I guess you alone get to decide what is good show and what is bad show. Thanks. Maybe it's you that is missing the big picture that Disney has for the entire area. And just because YOU don't like it, doesn't make it bad show or wrong or thematically incorrect.

What did my post have to do with show at all, whether it be bad or good? I wasn't even speaking in regards to that.

No signage is considered bad show in terms of Disney's standards, simple as that. That is a FACT. Get a job working in attractions at the DLR and come back to me if they tell you anything different.

LuvtheGoof

DVC Guru
Premium Member
What did my post have to do with show at all, whether it be bad or good? I wasn't even speaking in regards to that.

No signage is considered bad show in terms of Disney's standards, simple as that. That is a FACT. Get a job working in attractions at the DLR and come back to me if they tell you anything different.
You stated that it was bad show that they removed the huge letters. There is still the attraction sign at the entrance to let people know what they are riding - as if they needed huge letters to let them know.

Californian Elitist

You stated that it was bad show that they removed the huge letters. There is still the attraction sign at the entrance to let people know what they are riding - as if they needed huge letters to let them know.

No, I said it was bad show that the signage was removed at all. I ADDED that it's really noticeable since the letters were so huge.

LuvtheGoof

DVC Guru
Premium Member
No, I said it was bad show that the signage was removed at all. I ADDED that it's really noticeable since the letters were so huge.
Except to the first time visitors that have never seen it. Look, we are just going to have to agree to disagree. I see nothing wrong with the changing of the attraction to GotG - AS LONG AS IT"S DONE RIGHT. But no one knows yet if that is the case, so I'm willing to wait and see.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom