Guardians of the Galaxy Mission Breakout announced for Disney California Adventure

SSG

And New Hollywoodland, consisting of the Carthay, Animation Academy, Disney Jr., Sunset Theater and Stage 17, Schmoozies, Award Weiners and the Red Car.
Screenshot (13).png

SSG

The space is there, albeit in chunks. I have a had time seeing them take over the Hyperion. There was earlier talk of them connecting the two "land" areas via a walkway behind the theatre...but who knows.
Yeah that's possible, but it'd be best to bite the bullet and give the Hyperion over to Marvel. Put the Frozen show elsewhere.

GrizzlyAdams

Agree that ToT was always ugly. Just sticking crap on top of it will not help. I want to be cautiously optimistic, BUT Disney is spending all this money and yet can't redo the exterior substantially? I mean it's an elevator shaft inside, it wouldn't even cost that much to redo compared to something complicated. Bush league.

D

Deleted member 107043

Hah, interesting, I did not know that. So where did it turn around? I assume near Monstro or the Fantasyland train station.

Not sure, but I believe they circled the mound of dirt between the two lands called Lookout Mountain/Holiday Hill where the Matterhorn now stands. Perhaps someone here with more knowledge can explain.

dweezil78

An attraction, especially one like this, with no signage...bad show.

The show is over. We're lucky (for those of us who care) we get to take a few more rides on it before the year is over... but realistically speaking, the Twilight Zone Tower of Terror as we all knew it is closed for business. The lights are off. Construction is happening. It's literally a ride in the dark so that there's something scary to ride during Halloween season.

I'm sure there was a lot of thought put into weighing the pros and cons of just shutting the ToT down completely vs. keeping some semblance of it open during the busy holiday season and the latter won in the end. There's really no way to please everyone, I'm sure deep down inside you know that. Not everything is so black and white and intentionally evil w/o thinking of what guests will think. .

SSG

The show is over. We're lucky (for those of us who care) we get to take a few more rides on it before the year is over... but realistically speaking, the Twilight Zone Tower of Terror as we all knew it is closed for business. The lights are off. Construction is happening. It's literally a ride in the dark so that there's something scary to ride during Halloween season.

I'm sure there was a lot of thought put into weighing the pros and cons of just shutting the ToT down completely vs. keeping some semblance of it open during the busy holiday season and the latter won in the end. There's really no way to please everyone, I'm sure deep down inside you know that. Not everything is so black and white and intentionally evil w/o thinking of what guests will think. .

Yeah, I’m sure Disney wants to put its best foot forward, but at a time when a lot of stuff is offline across the two parks, and you can keep something open heading into a busy time, but at the price of hauling down the signs, I think it’s the right call.

Curious Constance

Bottom line here is that despite our grumblings over this, people will still line up to ride the new attraction. Your basic average park attender probably doesn't give a rip one way or the other about theming or adhering to "tradition" or what ever you want to call it, they just want to ride the drop! Execs know this, and so to them, they'll gladly take upsetting the few, in favor of pleasing the majority, any day.

Rightly so, in my opinion.

SSG

What I am concerned about is how a Marvel Land will look. All the other lands at DLR have fairly consistent themes—OK, not Tomorrowland—but with the rest we have the old west, fairy tales, jungles, mountain country, etc. Even CarsLand is a walk through the movie, which is a theme in itself. But Marvel is a collection of characters from different times and places. How will they make a place that suggests Marvel?

Andrew C

You know what's funny?
What I am concerned about is how a Marvel Land will look. All the other lands at DLR have fairly consistent themes—OK, not Tomorrowland—but with the rest we have the old west, fairy tales, jungles, mountain country, etc. Even CarsLand is a walk through the movie, which is a theme in itself. But Marvel is a collection of characters from different times and places. How will they make a place that suggests Marvel?

some type of city scape?

Earl Sweatpants

The most cohesive theme (and that's held very loosely) would be a New York streetscape.

Though if they're going to have to split the land into two areas, the other side (GotG end) could have almost an outer space theme.

Californian Elitist

I didn't say Disney was evil, and I don't think I alluded to that.

The ride is still open. Guests are being allowed into the attraction to experience it, whether the lights are on or not. Disney is still advertising the ride, not only on the website, but with commercials as well. There are no excuses and it's still bad show.

My perspective of the situation is different from yours because I used to work attractions at Disneyland, and maintaining good show was drilled into us. Any sort of element that was considered a big part of show that wasn't working required for us to shut down the attraction.

No excuses.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom