Guardians of the Galaxy Mission Breakout announced for Disney California Adventure

SuddenStorm

It's the hollywoo sign!
ufDidKO.jpg

SSG

I’m glad the rumors were true about exterior work going forward before closing ToT. While this isn’t the typical model for re-doing an attraction, this does give me more confidence that this re-theme will be well done. If Disney rushed out GotG re-do in 4-5 months, chances are it wouldn’t be very good, but 9-10 months is a decent amount of time to pull off a well executed re-theme.

I still have my doubts about the wisdom of this change, but since it's happening, I'm glad time is being invested to do a decent job.

D

Deleted member 107043

I'm probably the only person here excited about this. If the GoTG transformation was happening in the late 90s I'd be very worried, but given Disney Park's recent track record in Anaheim I'm feeling cautiously optimistic.

FigmentForver96

Only Disney could put up banners around the resort capitalizing on removing a fan favorite and then remove the iconic sign 3 months early. But be sure to grab your commemorative "last chance to check in" t-shirt on the way out!
View attachment 163798
Photo by @SasakiTime on Twitter
Like the really care. Just buy your shirt, shut up and move on and oh don't forget to renew that pass! Disney fans keep being taken as fools and the contempt they show for their fans is mind blowing when you pay attention. Anyway enough rambling I suppose

Californian Elitist

Only Disney could put up banners around the resort capitalizing on removing a fan favorite and then remove the iconic sign 3 months early. But be sure to grab your commemorative "last chance to check in" t-shirt on the way out!
View attachment 163798
Photo by @SasakiTime on Twitter

This looks disgusting. Absolutely unacceptable.

Disney, you couldn't wait until the attraction actually CLOSED before taking down the signage? What kind of mess is this?

Earl Sweatpants

Yes, I have. It's going to look completely out of place in Hollywood Land when it opens.

This is a great example of terrible show. There is no signage, and yet the ride is still open.
No I know...my response was more tongue in cheek relating to the ugliness of the new structure's look.

It is really sad and a total head-scratcher why they would take the sign down at this stage of things. But I guess they figure the building still stands enough as an icon so people won't be lost trying to find it even without a name on the front.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom