Guardians of the Galaxy: Cosmic Rewind SPOILER Thread

No Name

Not sure if it could be counted but his character Emmett he voiced in the Lego Movie has a ride and 4d movie out at Legoland Florida. HOWEVER, it's voiced by AJ LoCascio and I had thought it was him for the longest time..
Yeah, if he doesn’t appear in voice or video it’s hard to argue that counts.

hpyhnt 1000

Just throwing this out there for those who want to try:

Play the Universe of Energy theme while watching a POV of the coaster section. It's literally a perfect fit. If you start playing where the video below is set to start, it's the exact length of Cosmic Rewind from the backward launch.

I don't have the ability to do a proper edit of the UoE theme over a POV video, but if someone does, please do it. And maybe send it to "The Zach" or something because it's a stupidly perfect Easter egg begging to happen.

Cmdr_Crimson

Just throwing this out there for those who want to try:

Play the Universe of Energy theme while watching a POV of the coaster section. It's literally a perfect fit. If you start playing where the video below is set to start, it's the exact length of Cosmic Rewind from the backward launch.

I don't have the ability to do a proper edit of the UoE theme over a POV video, but if someone does, please do it. And maybe send it to "The Zach" or something because it's a stupidly perfect Easter egg begging to happen.

Really wish they had a Stupid Judy reference...

Cmdr_Crimson

*Pops head into thread

*see's the same people who were extremely negative before the ride was even built still being super negative and repeating the same dribble as before

*Leaves thread
family-guy.gif

britain

A higher quality pov of the ride. You notice the stars here more clearly. I also noticed here that there is a second lift hill but you go through it fast like an elevator so it's not really a launch.

Thank you for the good video! I am already tired of that song option.

Casper Gutman

*Pops head into thread

*see's the same people who were extremely negative before the ride was even built still being super negative and repeating the same dribble as before

*Leaves thread
This looks like a strong, enjoyable ride.

However...

I don't think that was ever much in doubt. Pretty much every criticism levelled against this ride in the years of construction has turned out to be correct and the defenses against those criticisms incorrect.

It's in the wrong park. The "Quill went to EPCOT" backstory is ham-handed, awkward, and even offensive in its implementation. There's no edutainment content at all.

It absolutely does NOT reflect the amount of money spent on it.

There are no AAs and it is VERY screen heavy, to the comical extreme that the supposed stars of the attraction only ever appear on screens that are about the size of household televisions. The overdone screeniness is particularly visible in the preshow, which teleports guests from one room full of screens to another, very similar room full of screens.

The queue is underwhelming, just as the concept art suggested.

The ride building is very visible and intrusive.

The one exciting piece of concept art turns out to be of a scene that is NOT in the ride in any way, shape, or form.

So it's a little rich to accuse folks of "repeating the same dribble" when they were correct. For years, boosters have been shouting, "you can't criticize the ride, we haven't seen the finished product!" Well, it turns out the critics were right, and now the boosters are looking for other ways to shut down criticism.

FettFan

Aye. Here’s one review left on Mongello’s YT channel:

“So I rode Guardians of the Galaxy: Cosmic Rewind...& uhh ya, it was disappointing...but hear me out because there are positives & negatives. I would say no spoilers here but theres just simply nothing to spoil. Nothing about this ride wowed me or left me wondering "how did they do that" like Rise of the Resistance, the Haunted Mansion, & Pirates of the Caribbean always have. I also had the chance to re-ride it following my 1st ride through but just didn't feel compelled to do so at all as I left thinking "well once was good enough" (probably not a good sign for a brand new attraction that includes one of my favorite IPs). As just a roller coaster, Cosmic Rewind is wihout a doubt a great time. Its very much an updated & modern take on space mountain. Its such an incredibly smooth ride. The ride system is unquestionably great & definitely innovative BUT I would love to see it utilized better by showcasing animatronics and sets (like the classic omnimovers that inspired this new omnicoaster) instead of screens & projections. Hopefully we'll see the imagineers put this ride system to good use in the near future. The music was indeed an awesome mix & was without a doubt the best & my favorite part of the ride. If you're looking for an interesting & immersive story, you wont find it here. I just cant wrap my head around the fact that theres more animatronics at WDW from IPs such as a Bug's Life & Dinosaur (2 IPs that i do love) than freaking Marvel/Guardians of the Galaxy (a multi billion dollar generating powerhouse of a franchise). And speaking of dinosaurs, we traded a copy of the absolutely HISTORIC Primeval World diorama that featured a handful of animatronics for this. This baffles me even more when I consider the fact that theres an existing Rocket Racoon animatronic at DCA that could & should have been simply copied & pasted into this ride somewhere/anywhere.”

Giss Neric

However...

I don't think that was ever much in doubt. Pretty much every criticism levelled against this ride in the years of construction has turned out to be correct and the defenses against those criticisms incorrect.

It's in the wrong park. The "Quill went to EPCOT" backstory is ham-handed, awkward, and even offensive in its implementation. There's no edutainment content at all.

There are no AAs and it is VERY screen heavy, to the comical extreme that the supposed stars of the attraction only ever appear on screens that are about the size of household televisions. The overdone screeniness is particularly visible in the preshow, which teleports guests from one room full of screens to another, very similar room full of screens.

The one exciting piece of concept art turns out to be of a scene that is NOT in the ride in any way, shape, or form.

So it's a little rich to accuse folks of "repeating the same dribble" when they were correct. For years, boosters have been shouting, "you can't criticize the ride, we haven't seen the finished product!" Well, it turns out the critics were right, and now the boosters are looking for other ways to shut down criticism.
Rise of the Resistance didn't suffer from any cuts and it was true to it's concept art as far as I'm concerned but the criticisms it got from this forum specifically are no different than what Cosmic Rewind is getting, probably worse. There is really no contentment with some people but it's not surprising anymore.

Casper Gutman

Rise of the Resistance didn't suffer from any cuts and it was true to it's concept art as far as I'm concerned but the criticisms it got from this forum specifically are no different than what Cosmic Rewind is getting, probably worse. There is really no contentment with some people but it's not surprising anymore.
I... don't think this is true at all? The praise for RotR has been pretty loud and uniform. Personally, I've nitpicked a few elements, but I don't think its anything other then a really great ride. Honestly, this seems like massive oversensitivity to any criticism, however mild. Unbroken positivity makes for incredibly boring conversation, and its something you can find on any number of Disney message boards if you want it.

In the spirit of hyper-critical nitpicking, I also think a lot of the jokes in Cosmic Rewind are really awful, especially the ones they gave to poor Terry Crews.

Movielover

However...

Wow this is rich. Pretty much everything here is a matter of opinion or basing criticism that stuff had changed from concept art which is not new. Oh and when you say critics you are talking about the very same small group here that have done nothing but bash the ride. All the reviews I have seen off this site have been extremely positive.

jaxonp

I... don't think this is true at all? The praise for RotR has been pretty loud and uniform. Personally, I've nitpicked a few elements, but I don't think its anything other then a really great ride. Honestly, this seems like massive oversensitivity to any criticism, however mild. Unbroken positivity makes for incredibly boring conversation, and its something you can find on any number of Disney message boards if you want it.

In the spirit of hyper-critical nitpicking, I also think a lot of the jokes in Cosmic Rewind are really awful, especially the ones they gave to poor Terry Crews.

CR looks to be way more reride ready than Rise regardless of cuts.

Casper Gutman

Wow this is rich. Pretty much everything here is a matter of opinion or basing criticism that stuff had changed from concept art which is not new. Oh and when you say critics you are talking about the very same small group here that have done nothing but bash the ride. All the reviews I have seen off this site have been extremely positive.
Sooooo... which of the outlined criticisms has been debunked?

And yes, it is incredibly valid to criticize the fact that concept art showed an effect in which the stars of the ride and their ship appeared to guests life-sized, either via AA or holographic projection, while in the ride the stars of the ride (and of one of the most successful franchises in media history) appear on TV SCREENS. By what possible contortion of logic is that NOT worthy of criticism? The ride cost HALF A BILLION DOLLARS and the main characters are on televisions.

And again, I don't think anyone said this wouldn't be fun. Coasters are fun. Coasters with fun music are fun. The criticisms had to do with a lot of other elements of the rides.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom