News Guardians of the Galaxy Cosmic Rewind attraction confirmed for Epcot

Hatbox Ghostbuster

I don't think Guardians is the "straw that broke the camel's back" on FW losing it's GREAT MEANING.

The concept was unsustainable once the internet revolution started. We have no idea what the future is now. And what we do think we know is not guaranteed. The "future" is hardly a commodity Disney can put tons of capital into.
This mentality = the death of creativity and innovation. "Things are uncertain and the future is scary. Might as well just shove in Disney characters wherever possible!"

montyz81

I agree with the sentiment here, though people really need to keep an open mind about GotG. To say that the only attraction to it is thrill when we know essentially nothing about the experience is nonsense.
I do agree that we are drawing some conclusions. I am still hopeful that there will be a UoE tie in and more in the gravity building.

ChrisFL

Premium Member
On AliciaStella's youtube channel they were discussing the possibility that maybe on the GOTG ride we'll be back in the 80's and going though some of the ride scenes from Horizons, World of Motion, etc. before going on the rest of the coaster. I seriously doubt it, but fans heads would explode if that happened.

Something else I found out recently....the person who was making the Horizons: Resurrected CGI remake a few years ago, Chris Wallace, is followed by THE Kevin Feige on twitter. Kevin Feige is only following ~700 people and has over 300,000 followers, and he follows some other Epcot historical twitter accounts.

Last edited:

Timothy_Q

Couldn't you say that this is due to where Guardians is? I mean SSE, SM, and ToT were built in places (and at times) that needed architectural landmarks. If so much of EPCOT's future world is sacred ground to so many fans what can you do? What's the point of making the gravity building anything other than a big box if all you are going to do is try and camouflage it?
If the builing was something unique, they obviously wouldn't be trying to camouflage it.

Just like with Soarin' and the Theater on the other side of SSE, time and greenery will ease all wounds.
And as many people have said before, trees won't grow tall enough to hide it.

ABQ

On AliciaStella's youtube channel they were discussing the possibility that maybe on the GOTG ride we'll be back in the 80's and going though some of the ride scenes from Horizons, World of Motion, etc. before going on the rest of the coaster. I seriously doubt it, but fans heads would explode if that happened.

Something else I found out recently....the person who was making the Horizons: Resurrected CGI remake a few years ago, Chris Wallace, is followed by THE Kevin Feige on twitter. Kevin Feige is only following ~700 people and has over 300,000 followers, and he follows some other Epcot historical twitter accounts.
Every time I see that pic with him wearing the Epcot hat, I have hope that not all is lost, but he has a boat load of hats.

DreamfinderGuy

Something else I found out recently....the person who was making the Horizons: Resurrected CGI remake a few years ago, Chris Wallace, is followed by THE Kevin Feige on twitter. Kevin Feige... he follows some other Epcot historical twitter accounts.
Goodness gracious, in a way, that sounds promising, but on the other hand maybe he just likes Epcot.

But what if this is it? What if this is why Tom Fitzgerald is with the project, this is why James Gunn (RIP) seemed enthusiastic about it, this is why Chapek still says it'll fit the theme. What if they do it justice? ....Nahhh not a chance lol

Hatbox Ghostbuster

expectations1.gif

trainplane3

I'd imagine Martin would sound more enthusiastic about this project if that rumor was true.
Or, he'd see it as a low shot to get some of that nostalgia in there.

I mean, I know I would. It's the same thing as your parents doing that thing that was cool 2 years ago but they're doing it now and in public. It'd just be embarrassing. If they want to revive a great attraction (or 2) then build a greater version. Sticking a video of them is just lazy and an attempt to get the Epcot fans to go "Look! See they care! It's Horizons!" while they shove Marvel merch in your face.

Kman101

In that respect I would have to say the only element of classic Epcot center of that resonated with any member of my family or friends and gets brought up as something they miss is the original journey into imagination. That’s it.

I can agree. I do think Horizons was more popular than some want to admit. I can understand it not being everyone's cup of tea but the idea behind the ride is one of the big reasons I think it's revered and why I wish it was still around, even though I have very little memory of it, personally, apart from the ride vehicle. I can respect it's place in Epcot and I wish it were updated and around. IMO, both Figment and Horizons should have been kept and updated. They could have put Mission Space between the Land and Sea pavilion. Or where the Guardian coaster building is going now.

I do think Future World is a sad mess overall. Sure there are some thrills and people like them but a quick thrill is always going to be fun. We're sort of missing the "whole experience". Not saying what's there is bad, just lacking, for me.

Kman101

Or, he'd see it as a low shot to get some of that nostalgia in there.

I mean, I know I would. It's the same thing as your parents doing that thing that was cool 2 years ago but they're doing it now and in public. It'd just be embarrassing. If they want to revive a great attraction (or 2) then build a greater version. Sticking a video of them is just lazy and an attempt to get the Epcot fans to go "Look! See they care! It's Horizons!" while they shove Marvel merch in your face.

Bingo. I'm still rubbing my face from the slap they gave us all with Peter Quill photoshopped in front of Spaceship Earth. "SEE THIS FITS". No. No it doesn't.

LSLS

Maybe there is all sorts of research and work put into this scheme, and it will truly blend in well, but I absolutely can't stop laughing at the idea of it having absolutely no research or thought.

"Wait, we might ruin the site lines with a big building."
"Don't worry, I was at home depot, and they had this color called sky blue. It's named after the sky. There's no way people will notice the building after that."

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom