News Guardians of the Galaxy Cosmic Rewind attraction confirmed for Epcot

Bairstow

Guardians today .. going blueView attachment 324956
Higher and higher the cladding goes.
20181107_171345.jpg

Bairstow

View attachment 325075
What I cannot figure out is why they would not have taken that middle panel and have the top and bottom solidly matching the adjoining panel colors and then having the middle fade to a blend between the two colors so that there are not two harsh lines between the colors!

Because it makes more sense from a camouflage standpoint. Treelines are distinctly abrupt visual shifts in color and brightness. A gradual blending would actually stand out more than a sudden one will, because that's not what your brain would be expecting.

GlacierGlacier

View attachment 325075
What I cannot figure out is why they would not have taken that middle panel and have the top and bottom solidly matching the adjoining panel colors and then having the middle fade to a blend between the two colors so that there are not two harsh lines between the colors!
Probably a bit difficult to paint or maintain, too. Gradients aren't especially easy for physical painting when compared to hard edges.

rle4lunch

When this thing gets closed up it is going to be the most boring construction thread ever as we have nothing but the colored box to talk about for two years

look at the new monorail thread, now there's some paint-drying reading over there... woof.

I feel like posting this about 100 times a day; "You can wish in one hand and crap in the other, and see which one gets filled first..."

ChewbaccaYourMum

So are these painted walls just the cover for now while they build the ride or has it been confirmed this will just be the building?

No cool architecture design of Xandar or anything? :'(

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom