News Guardians of the Galaxy Cosmic Rewind attraction confirmed for Epcot

larryz

I'm Just A Tourist!
Premium Member
The problem is the novelty wears off. Everyone (well, not literally, lol) gets all excited for new things, but how good are they, really? IP or not, the ride should be something you want to experience over and over again.
Exactly. It's the old "what have you built for me lately" syndrome...

Kman101

Exactly. It's the old "what have you built for me lately" syndrome...

THIS

"WE WANT FROZEN"

Now "WE WANT GUARDIANS" (LOL made me think of my friend the other day asking me if this was still happening and he thought it was either already open or not happening -- they need to work on their announcement thing and their pace of building - the casuals notice these things I think)

It's just one flash in the pan to the next. And to be fair, these IPs deserve more than flash in the pan ideas to replace a dated ride you're too cheap to update.

EDIT: And they get away with it because many guests are like "ew that's old!" instead of trying to appreciate what's there. Imagine a fun Viking adventure instead of Frozen? And Frozen getting the land it deserved in the MK. Imagine that ...

larryz

I'm Just A Tourist!
Premium Member
THIS

"WE WANT FROZEN"

Now "WE WANT GUARDIANS" (LOL made me think of my friend the other day asking me if this was still happening and he thought it was either already open or not happening -- they need to work on their announcement thing and their pace of building - the casuals notice these things I think)

It's just one flash in the pan to the next. And to be fair, these IPs deserve more than flash in the pan ideas to replace a dated ride you're too cheap to update.

EDIT: And they get away with it because many guests are like "ew that's old!" instead of trying to appreciate what's there. Imagine a fun Viking adventure instead of Frozen? And Frozen getting the land it deserved in the MK. Imagine that ...
It's...

sedati

THIS

"WE WANT FROZEN"

Flash in the pan?
Still saw a lot of Elsas and Annas this halloween.

The Pho

But but, it will be the longest indoor coaster on the planet... :p
Unfortunately that only sounds impressive until you realize that there are only like 30 indoor coasters on the planet. All with track lengths under a mile, but a couple with runtimes of 4-5 minutes. Have they said which longest they were going for (and I believe they only said one of the longest, and with only 30 they could all be considered one of the longest)? As far as I know the longest track wise is 3851.7 ft long at Temple of the Night Hawk in Phantasialand which actually used to play music from Dinosaur, and the longest time wise is Gringotts at 5 minutes.

Last edited:

raymusiccity

Was just at Epcot last week...boy that is a large building. It's one thing to read about it being large here on the board, and quite another seeing it first hand. And it is quite distracting and noticeably different from all the other building ride profiles.

I know Martin said that there are not currently any plans to add theming to this building. But it certainly needs it. Took the boat from Morocco to Canada and the building sticks-out.
Sightline complaints are becoming so stale. So, a guest sees a building in the distance, and they're reminded that they are in the middle of (gasp), EPCOT, or Magic Kingdom...etc! 😗

Kman101

Flash in the pan?
Still saw a lot of Elsas and Annas this halloween.

I wasn’t referring to any franchises popularity actually. I was talking about the rides being a quick fix type of decision and many of those aren’t repeatable. One doesn’t always have to do with the other. I love Guardians, for example. But will people be clamoring for and loving Mission Breakout ten years from now? Will The Seas with Nemo and Friends be looked back on belovedly?

sedati

I wasn’t referring to any franchises popularity actually. I was talking about the rides being a quick fix type of decision and many of those aren’t repeatable. One doesn’t always have to do with the other. I love Guardians, for example. But will people be clamoring for and loving Mission Breakout ten years from now? Will The Seas with Nemo and Friends be looked back on belovedly?
In that respect I would have to say the only element of classic Epcot center of that resonated with any member of my family or friends and gets brought up as something they miss is the original journey into imagination. That’s it.

montyz81

The problem is the novelty wears off. Everyone (well, not literally, lol) gets all excited for new things, but how good are they, really? (FOP and River Journey are quality, despite some complaints about screenz and length of the boat ride, and I think it shows already, but just my opinion, we'll see once AK gets another expansion). IP or not, the ride should be something you want to experience over and over again. I don't feel that way with many Future World rides, personally. Not that they're totally bad or awful but how repeatable are they really?
I agree with that completely. I feel like even after 36 years and 4 refurbs later, there is still always something new to see on SSE. If you think back to all the original FW rides, they were so detailed, you couldn't possibly see everything in the ride the first time around. In a ride like GotG, the only real attraction is the thrill. I go to Disney for the emersion and the ability to experience the ride differently every time I go on it because of the extra detail. If I want the thrill, I can go to Six Flags. I currently have no need to ever go on M:S again because I can get that same thrill from an open-air spinny ride. But, I could go on LWTL everytime I visit Epcot.

Horizons '83

In the Parks
No
I agree with that completely. I feel like even after 36 years and 4 refurbs later, there is still always something new to see on SSE. If you think back to all the original FW rides, they were so detailed, you couldn't possibly see everything in the ride the first time around. In a ride like GotG, the only real attraction is the thrill. I go to Disney for the emersion and the ability to experience the ride differently every time I go on it because of the extra detail. If I want the thrill, I can go to Six Flags. I currently have no need to ever go on M:S again because I can get that same thrill from an open-air spinny ride. But, I could go on LWTL everytime I visit Epcot.
Spot on.

tparris

I just thought of this, but it seems that the gravity building has a different shade of green going up on the west side of the building. It appears to be much darker in color. Unless the lighting is just making it look that way. This photo from Bio is the best way to notice it.

Attachments

• IMG_20181105_140802.jpg
    IMG_20181105_140802.jpg
    168.4 KB · Views: 137

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom