News Guardians of the Galaxy Cosmic Rewind attraction confirmed for Epcot

WDWTank

I agree with that completely. I feel like even after 36 years and 4 refurbs later, there is still always something new to see on SSE. If you think back to all the original FW rides, they were so detailed, you couldn't possibly see everything in the ride the first time around. In a ride like GotG, the only real attraction is the thrill. I go to Disney for the emersion and the ability to experience the ride differently every time I go on it because of the extra detail. If I want the thrill, I can go to Six Flags. I currently have no need to ever go on M:S again because I can get that same thrill from an open-air spinny ride. But, I could go on LWTL everytime I visit Epcot.
I don’t mind thrill rides at Disney because they’re all themed! :D :D

1990sWDW

Space Mountain, Spaceship Earth and Tower of Terror could've been generic boxes too.

Instead, Disney spent the money to make them unique.
And they've become 3 extremely iconic buildings, arguably recongnized all around the world.

What's stale is people who keep defending Disney for lowering their standards and building a giant warehouse

Couldn't you say that this is due to where Guardians is? I mean SSE, SM, and ToT were built in places (and at times) that needed architectural landmarks. If so much of EPCOT's future world is sacred ground to so many fans what can you do? What's the point of making the gravity building anything other than a big box if all you are going to do is try and camouflage it?

It just seems like they would be damned if they tried to build a huge new architectural monument in FW. So they used as much of the past architecture as possible...

Just like with Soarin' and the Theater on the other side of SSE, time and greenery will ease all wounds.

If the ride sucks, I'll be first in line to bash Disney.

If it's a great ride, who the hell cares?

1990sWDW

Theme parks are about more than just their individual components.

Well Disney is more to me than Future World. I was born in '87 so I missed the golden era that many on here obsess over.

It was never going to be an easy transition for future world once they realized some of the original flagship rides were not economically sustainable moving forward.

It seems they made the choice that SSE would be the one they keep (like Carousel in MK).

Who knows if they will ever be able to form a coherent mission statement with FW. But I am more than happy to get more attractions at EPCOT to make it a more enjoyable experience.

Hatbox Ghostbuster

Couldn't you say that this is due to where Guardians is? I mean SSE, SM, and ToT were built in places (and at times) that needed architectural landmarks. If so much of EPCOT's future world is sacred ground to so many fans what can you do? What's the point of making the gravity building anything other than a big box if all you are going to do is try and camouflage it?

It just seems like they would be damned if they tried to build a huge new architectural monument in FW. So they used as much of the past architecture as possible...

Just like with Soarin' and the Theater on the other side of SSE, time and greenery will ease all wounds.

If the ride sucks, I'll be first in line to bash Disney.

If it's a great ride, who the hell cares?
OR, they could have done the right thing from the start and put it in a different park.

1990sWDW

I don't think Guardians is the "straw that broke the camel's back" on FW losing it's GREAT MEANING.

The concept was unsustainable once the internet revolution started. We have no idea what the future is now. And what we do think we know is not guaranteed. The "future" is hardly a commodity Disney can put tons of capital into.

lazyboy97o

Well Disney is more to me than Future World. I was born in '87 so I missed the golden era that many on here obsess over.

It was never going to be an easy transition for future world once they realized some of the original flagship rides were not economically sustainable moving forward.

It seems they made the choice that SSE would be the one they keep (like Carousel in MK).

Who knows if they will ever be able to form a coherent mission statement with FW. But I am more than happy to get more attractions at EPCOT to make it a more enjoyable experience.
This attraction is a roller coaster costing hundreds of millions of dollars. Money isn’t an issue unless you are repeating the lie that EPCOT Center was a financial failure.

You asked about why there is an issue if the ride is good, and it’s because theme parks aren’t just a collection of attractions. If you just want a good amusement park that is fine but that is not some inevitability.

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member
They will. Soarin looks MUCH smaller from the American Adventure than Guardians, and the Great Wall of China is currently on display inside the Soarin building. So if they can see Soarin from the ISS, they can certainly see Guardians. They just need to freshen up on their Disney World rumors so they know what they're looking at.

You'll see.

Did you know, that if you stand on the Great Wall of China, the earth's moon is visible from it?

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom