News Guardians of the Galaxy Cosmic Rewind attraction confirmed for Epcot

Pi on my Cake

In the Parks
Yes
Sounds like Escape from Gringott's in execution, so maybe not that unique, the ride system used may be different though.
I've heard it described as "Escape from Gringott's if it wasn't ashamed of being a rollercoaster"

Essentially meaning that similar basic concept, but Gringott's has very small coaster like sections and they use the coaster aspect mostly as a way to briskly take you from screen to screen. Guardians should actually work as a good rollercoaster aside from cool/high tech show scenes whereas Gringott's works almost entirely because of the showscenes and without them the ride would be incredibly boring. The trade off here is that despite Guardians being a more thrilling ride, it may have shorter/less show scenes on the ride itself compared to Gringott's.

This comes from a friend who, while not high up the food chain enough yet to know everything going on, is definitely more than a "bus driver"

HauntedPirate

Park nostalgist
Premium Member
The site that shall not be named is claiming that the solar cells are being repaired and will be put back into place later

... except solar cells cannot really be "repaired", but let's not let facts get in the way of Clickbait's posts. ;) Replacing the solar panels would be a smart move.

Repaired? How old are they? Seems like if they wanted to keep the panels, they would just get new ones that already meet current standards/expectations.

20 years is what I recall seeing earlier in the thread, so basically at the end of their useful life. Replacing seems more sensible.

MagicJack78

It's hard to believe this project is 2.5 years away still, especially with the building going vertical already.
Can we expect installation of the coaster track soon or will it be installed once the building is enclosed?
Would be cool to see what the layout looks like.
Things appear to be going very slowly! I guess this should be anticipated.

tparris

It's hard to believe this project is 2.5 years away still, especially with the building going vertical already.
Can we expect installation of the coaster track soon or will it be installed once the building is enclosed?
Last I heard, WDI wanted to enclose the building for the most part before track installation begins, as to not allow people to see the ride system and such. They've already put up track supports in the connector to the old building though. Expect to see enclosure of the gravity building soon.

Last edited:

eddie104

Yea a coaster usually doesn’t take long to build however they did have to gut UOE which is probably going to take another year to get updated to today’s standards.

ChuckElias

Taken in July 2018

DSCN1368.JPG

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom