News Guardians of the Galaxy Cosmic Rewind attraction confirmed for Epcot

smile

From today:
sl4aCF7.jpg

:D

MaximumEd

I'm sure it's been discussed, but I can't remember.....any idea on ride time from load to stop? Even though it's totally out of place, I want this to be amazing, but I have this suspicion that after launch we're gonna get about a minute and a half of Rocket's Rockin' Mixtape Rollercoaster.

jt04

from a perspective, perhaps... :cautious:
but that's pretty much been 2+2 for a while now, writ large since late june.

To add a bit more, we really won't know until we see what the future is for Star Tours, Indiana, and Pixar. I continue to be exponentially optimistic.

rocketraccoon

From today:

uTEoWye.jpg

The gravity building. Some steel and wood are at the front, waiting to be installed

9KtHEBG.jpg

A tiny stairwell inside the building, separate from the huge one on the exterior. Also a Ladder sighting.

aDr4vMp.jpg

The transition tunnel. No tracks or anything.

0UDtiP8.jpg

"Be the reason someone got home safe today!", re-using the design from the front of the pavilion.

zub7KJJ.jpg

Track supports waiting to be installed at the edge of the construction site.

b726AoO.jpg

The former exit has finally been completely demolished and blocked off.

4m8fvhR.jpg

The front of the pavilion. The former fountain are has been filled in more. Those tanks are liquid oxygen.

p0s1IJb.jpg

The inside of the pavilion is a mess. Some sort of hole to the left.

G8zDn8c.jpg

This guy hasn't moved in months I'm afraid. RIP

rocketraccoon

p0s1IJb.jpg

The inside of the pavilion is a mess. Some sort of hole to the left.
Looking at this again, I just realized that they have torn up the entire foundation for the pavilion fairly recently. I had figured part of the reason they were keeping the building was so they wouldn't need to pour a new foundation or anything, just build up from the old one. Guess not.

aAqVIFm.jpg

October 6th vs October 13th

Last edited:

build_it

It really doesn't surprise me they have removed the concrete floor slab. Just like in a warehouse building, its not there for structural support of the building. With the extent to which they have already removed everything, this is a total update to the infrastructure of the building. I would suspect they will need to run a lot of things under the slab and/or replace/remove things that were under the slab. Based on what they are likely spending in order to get this ride built, the concrete slab is a small drop in the bucket and its much easier in the future if you know exactly what is there without any old stuff confusing things.

On another note, I would have removed the old solar panels so I could fully access the roof and make any repairs or alterations for the new ride. Upgrade them with the current tech if they are coming back. I would also consider the possibilities of a lighting package that highlights the ribs that run across the building. With all the cool lighting available, you could really hide some wonderful things in with the solar panels that are not visible during the day, but amazing at night. That would be easier to design and install at the end with new panels. Just a thought.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom