News Guardians of the Galaxy Cosmic Rewind attraction confirmed for Epcot

Maeryk

so James Gunn is apparently going to DC and Dave Bautista may join him. I wonder if we won't see Drax at all in this attraction (cue the jokes about him being there but being so still we can't see him)

If you notice, Drax was missing from the original concept art as well.. and there's a reason. He's considered part of the Avengers family, rather than GotG family, and as such, Universal may actually have the rights to him east of the Mississippi.

tparris

If you notice, Drax was missing from the original concept art as well.. and there's a reason. He's considered part of the Avengers family, rather than GotG family, and as such, Universal may actually have the rights to him east of the Mississippi.
Universal doesn't have the rights to any GotG characters.

Maeryk

Universal doesn't have the rights to any GotG characters.

Except possibly Drax.. because he appeared first with Iron Man and later with Avengers, in the comics, and the contract gives them rights to the whole avengers family of characters.

The rest of the Guardians are lock stock and barrel owned by Disney, but Drax is the one who was iffy. The lack of any reference to him in the promo material says, to me at least, that they don't actually have the rights to him. He was all over the stuff for the TOT rework in Anaheim, but he's not featured in Orlando.

Maeryk

And soon Drax will be part of DCEU

There's a lawsuit I'd love to see. LOL. Also, who are we kidding? DCEU thinks the world is not ready for anything other than supes, bats, WW and a very wet jason momoa.. have to keep rebooting those for about a decade before you will get deeper in the roster.

ppete1975

From today:

kszojcI.jpg

The tunnel between UoE and the gravity building is moving along.

MVffCXN.jpg

The former exits have been demolished. The tile still remains, though.

5vHyICc.jpg

The front of the building. They're digging up piping round here, probably either the irrigation around the planters, or for the connections to the speakers.

4f7gJKK.jpg

Those two solar panels are still up there.

tnFvHkN.jpg

Some markings on the girders, exposed for the first time in 36+ years.

OyZ9rie.jpg

1cdzz8p.jpg

On the inside, the back wall is gonna need some hefty repairs before it's good to go.

uyQjRnR.jpg

Is this a stairwell? That door-looking thing has a sign on it, but I can't make it out on any of the pics I took.

S22q7NA.jpg

The gravity building from the front.

PcHC8dV.jpg

A coating has gone over some of the girders. I believe this is for fire resistance.

sl4aCF7.jpg

=)

t2vntzI.jpg

And the reason why this all happened so quickly: they got a really fancy Ladder in there. The other Ladder is still stuck backstage near the former exits, might be dead. RIP
am I looking at this wrong.... or is the fountain gone as well.. like its a dirt floor now.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom