News Guardians of the Galaxy Cosmic Rewind attraction confirmed for Epcot

networkpro

In the Parks
Yes
I don't buy it. According to MickeyViews the imagineer is working on "Adopt a Porg", the interior of guardians, and Tron. I have never met someone who works on coasters, is an interior designer, and a product creator.
porg1.jpg

Sketch105

I don't buy it. According to MickeyViews the imagineer is working on "Adopt a Porg", the interior of guardians, and Tron. I have never met someone who works on coasters, is an interior designer, and a product creator.

He/she could be ONLY an interior designer and is possibly creating the interiors for the shops/displays of "Adopt a Porg", the interior of Guardians, and the interior of the Tron queue/coaster rather than the actual attractions themselves, all which are sci-fi themed which seems to be up this person's alley.

Rteetz

He/she could be ONLY an interior designer and is possibly creating the interiors for the shops/displays of "Adopt a Porg", the interior of Guardians, and the interior of the Tron queue/coaster rather than the actual attractions themselves, all which are sci-fi themed which seems to be up this person's alley.
It's possible but the designs for the adopt a porg infer that that person designed them which is why I have doubt unless they are taking pictures of other peoples work and posting it which would seem to be a big no no but what do I know.

lazyboy97o

TRON Lightcycle Power Run is supposed to be a clone. Walt Disney Imagineering is also not the small team of imagination. It just seems a bit odd that one person would be working so directly on so much of the new stuff coming to Walt Disney World and be so oblivious to/careless about rather explicit Disney policies.

Honestly, this all being legitimate would really suck for the poster. A few clicks to go from working on many interesting projects to a dead career.

Disnutz311

Disney World Purist
Interesting that it is in all Spanish. I would assume if they were working on concept boards to share they would be in English for all to read. Unless Imagineers all speak numerous languages.

Brian Swan

I would echo the comment that the idea of a "coaster" at Epcot is not the issue. It is where it fits and is it within the theme and spirit of the park? Im not sure GotG is a thematic fit and appears more of an excuse just to put a roller coaster in, rather than being creative and putting one in where it makes sense. I love coasters. The bigger, the faster, the better. But, lets not just say add a coaster for the sake of adding one.
If the goal was simply to "add a coaster", then why not attach a Crush's Coaster to the Seas; they've already given it a Nemo shell, and the concept of the coaster is racing through the sea with Crush. It would have added a new attraction without removing a classic (that admittedly needed a lot of updating).

marni1971

Park History nut
Premium Member
If the goal was simply to "add a coaster", then why not attach a Crush's Coaster to the Seas; they've already given it a Nemo shell, and the concept of the coaster is racing through the sea with Crush. It would have added a new attraction without removing a classic (that admittedly needed a lot of updating).
Because Crush's Coaster was based off the Seas with Nemo dark ride. And because UoE needed major work and they decided not to do that.

Brian Swan

Can someone explain to me please... what was the reasoning Disney actually changed the Figment ride to what it is now? I was very young when I went on the version of the ride with Dreamfinder and remember it faintly, but everyone on here talks about it like it was such a great ride and I remember definitely liking it. Why did they change it?
What is there now is the 3rd incarnation. When they decided to re-theme the whole building to "Honey I Shrunk the Audience", the ride was altered to serve as a "lead-in" to the "4D" movie that was in the theater. It was met with almost universal dislike. The current mish-mash was an attempt to bring Figment back into it. The original was also reportedly plagued with operational problems (the carousel one of the major ones). The original was perhaps my favorite attraction in WDW, and I cannot even ride the current version because it just depresses me too much.

lazyboy97o

Not to be rude, but this looks all staged, the entire setup looks intentionally messy.

And if it's all written in Spanish why is there an English keyboard? Who would anyone choose to work at such a messy desk?
It’s not an English keyboard. It looks like a Spanish Magic Keyboard.

disnyfan89

I don't know about anyone else but I see Moroccan more than I do guardians in that "leaked art."

You have reference photos of the Moroccan tile work
Capture2.PNG

The big piece in the middle is a study of different textiles and clearly a study of tent draping and a hung decorative rugs/tapestries
Capture1.PNG

and then finally a reference of natural forces of nature.
Capture.PNG

Whatever this is, it isn't for Guardians. Unless they moved the project to Morocco

Rowlet

I don't know about anyone else but I see Moroccan more than I do guardians in that "leaked art."

You have reference photos of the Moroccan tile work View attachment 261688

The big piece in the middle is a study of different textiles and clearly a study of tent draping and a hung decorative rugs/tapestries View attachment 261689

and then finally a reference of natural forces of nature.
View attachment 261696

Whatever this is, it isn't for Guardians. Unless they moved the project to Morocco
Interesting you point out the Moroccan themes. Didn't Imagineers go to Morocco to draw inspiration from its marketplaces for SW:GE? Hmm...

Absimilliard

Just looked over existing enclosed coaster and I can place the length at around 3500-3600 feet. Reasoning: current longest roller coaster in its own dedicated building is the rather tame Temple of the Night Hawk at Phantasialand. With 3803 feet of track and three lift hills, it is the current record holder in that category. Space Mountain Disneyland is around 3400 feet long and Space Mountain at DLP is 3300 feet long.

Now, if you count any roller coasters that happen to take place in a building, like an indoor amusement park (Lotte World, Seoul) or Mall (Mall of America), the current record holder is the ferocious and insane Mindbender at the West Edmonton Mall. This nasty coaster has a 145 feet lift hill, three loops and 4198 feet of track. Seeing that Disney specifically states "one of the longest enclosed roller coaster", my prediction should be correct.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom