News Guardians of the Galaxy Cosmic Rewind attraction confirmed for Epcot

Cameron1529

Why do we need a classification other than "thrill ride"? We've gotten to the point where the attractions that Disney/Universal adds blur the lines so much between what most would consider "traditional classifications" that they really are just attractions of a classification of their own. Would you consider Escape from Gringots a roller coaster? I mean, it certainly has roller coaster elements, but it also has dark ride elements and simulator elements.

The thread a few pages back was relating to Epcot needing a roller coaster, and I simply asked what Test Track was classed as? Not trying to create any confusion. Gringots for me is a roller coaster and simulator combined.

dennis-in-ct

In other words, for no good reason lol

For me, Horizons, WoM and Figment were all extremely painful to see close. But at least the other 2 changed into something drastically different with a reasons that while I didn't agree with, still made sense since the attraction types also changed. Figment's change was so unnecessary and pointless. Even more so looking back on it all now. Plus, of those three, it was the most timeless. The '82 version could have easily still existed today with minimal or even no changes or updates at all. Honestly, even WoM could have remained almost the same today and still be seen as being timeless.

Horizons and Imagination were the two best IMHO .... a real crime that Horizon's was shut down.
EPCOT's soul was lost the day Horizons closed.

ThemedScream

It's a dumb detail, but the shirts aren't the same. The one in the studio has one pocket while the Ellen AA ride picture has two pockets. Actually, the collar looks off too. I'm going to go with this was a prank and not actually the AA skin.

When she's asking if the clothes are real, her staff tells her that the t-shirt and the pants are legit, but not the overshirt. If any of it is real, I'm assuming they just tried to find a close enough match.

brb1006

Yeah, he really was. His voice was perfect for Figment. It was the perfect blend of a silly, whimsical voice that had a child-like innocence mixed with a slight devilish side that deep down was a sweet prankster at heart. I don't want to knock the current guy who does Figment (he's Gonzo, too), but Billy Barty will always be Figment. RIP Billy.
The closest voice actor that I can think off the top of my head that is as close as we can get to almost matching Billy's Figment voice would have to be Charlie Adler.

crxbrett

The closest voice actor that I can think off the top of my head that is as close as we can get to almost matching Billy's Figment voice would have to be Charlie Adler.

I had to look him up but he has an impressive list of credits. Up there with Welker, Messick, Latta, Kasem, Bell, Burton, Ward, McCann, Ratner, Cullen, Cummings and Bell!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom