News Guardians of the Galaxy Cosmic Rewind attraction confirmed for Epcot

Kman101

Even though Epcot remained "pure" for quite a while, they've had characters for a very long time. For whatever reason this park seems to scare those in charge and it feels like it's been that way for a long time. It started with being able to meet foamheads in Epcot and then it started with the IP inclusion during Eisner's "synergy" phase and it's been downhill since. They think people can't grasp something that's not tied to the latest movie franchise. And while I'm not someone who always dismisses IP's, it really does suck they think we're too stupid to give us non-IP attractions.

But then look at Rivers of Light. To many it's "meh" and that features no IPs shoved into it. So, instead of maybe them recognizing they need to tweak the show as is, they'll probably think it's not favorable because it doesn't have Simba and Pocahontas singing to me while projected onto a water screen. Or it's not good because it doesn't have fireworks.

They're gearing decisions towards the average guest who's a very different kind of Disney fan. I also kind of blame Universal and their conditioning of guests to expect the latest hotest franchise. Nothing wrong with IP but to add it just to add it typically doesn't do it justice.

Guests also seem to be just fine with plain boring rooms now at the hotels.

Jenny72

I'm fine with the new ride being a roller coaster as long as it is one of the slowest coasters ever built. You could even make it so that the cars come continuously for continuous loading, and have the coaster go by detailed scenes with audio animatronics that teach about developments in energy. I love coasters like that.

HauntedMansionFLA

Wasn't the entire point of EPCOT that it WASN'T just "More Disney"?! It really annoys me how EPCOT is becoming IP-COT...you could probably make the argument its happening to all of WDW.
Yes, but they need to get the attendance up in that park. Children and families identify with Disney characters coming armed to what is offered. If they want to do something educational, they could team with LucasFilm and have an attraction based on light and sound. Most people I have observed in the parks don’t have a very good attention span. Always on the phone. We were on Toy Story Mania the other day and I saw something text messaging during the ride.

marni1971

Park History nut
Premium Member
Ok we get it. We have 189 pages and 3774 posts of Guardians doesn’t belong in Epcot.
Can we try and discuss something else. For example, does any one have any ideas what this “unique ride system” is that they are talking about?
How about a “unique ride system” that doesn’t fit the park either?

Also a ride system last time I checked that isn’t working as planned.

trainplane3

When's the last time you drove in LA?
Never. And I intend for it to stay that way. I'll stick to my mass of tunnels and bridges out here that everyone seems to crawl over and through.
How about a “unique ride system” that doesn’t fit the park either?

Also a ride system last time I checked that isn’t working as planned.
I'm wondering how unique this ride system can be. We have swinging cars, lay-down/flyer types, that new Vekoma seat rotating coaster that's somewhere in Europe now, drop tracks, elevator lifts, and tilt drops. I'm sure there's a few I'm missing, but I'm not expecting something mind-blowingly incredible.

Edit: https://rcdb.com/15201.htm I believe that's the Vekoma prototype.

Last edited:

trainplane3

marni1971

Park History nut
Premium Member
Never. And I intend for it to stay that way. I'll stick to my mass of tunnels and bridges out here that everyone seems to crawl over and through.

I'm wondering how unique this ride system can be. We have swinging cars, lay-down/flyer types, that new Vekoma seat rotating coaster that's somewhere in Europe now, drop tracks, elevator lifts, and tilt drops. I'm sure there's a few I'm missing, but I'm not expecting something mind-blowingly incredible.

Edit: https://rcdb.com/15201.htm I believe that's the Vekoma prototype.
I think you’re shooting too high for the unique feature.

JBIRDTO

Perhaps there is a backwards portion or special unique pods. I am also wondering if "longest" means time or distance. With time it could mean we have some slower sections with distance they can make that claim with 4 more feet of track.

No Name

In terms of track length, is Mindbender the longest enclosed coaster, Temple of the Night Hawk 2nd, and Rock 'n' Roller Coaster 3rd? "One of the world's longest" isn't saying much here. The only firm thing it tells us is that it won't be the longest.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom