News Guardians of the Galaxy Cosmic Rewind attraction confirmed for Epcot

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member
The question then is if both of those rides open in 2021 (I could definitely see Cosmic Rewind delayed to 2022 if they want to push off one though) then there would be nothing of consequence opening in 2022. Not that such a thing has stopped Disney before, but it's helpful to have something to promote in a given year for marketing purpose.

Maybe we might actually get a new parade for that year.

'22 is supposed to be the second year of the 50th celebration, so, nothing new for the 50th seems to have been planned.

Although, '22 (or '23) was supposed to be the new SSE.

Haymarket2008

I’m sure 2022 will see a few refurbishments that will get the Deluxe treatment a la the Diamond Celebration at Disneyland. Those were phased openings. Not all of them were ready for the start of the celebration. I’m sure it will be rolled out with the majority happening before Oct 1. (That is if they don’t cut those plans for financial reasons due to Covid)

larryz

I'm Just A Tourist!
Premium Member
I.P. is not a theme, two separate things
How about the Golden Rule, Disney Corollary...
3w4tvl.jpg

mhaftman7

I don’t know if it had been previously discussed, but I just read that the footage for Cosmic Rewind is dependent on shooting for Guardians 3. Even if the ride (building and track) is done it won’t be ready until they have time to film the scenes. I wonder what the protocol is for filming during the movie?

IveBeenJack

Ok this is only a small thing, but I still thought it was interesting to see an early render of Cosmic Rewind in the back of The Imagineering Story, when Rohde is talking Kevin Feige through Mission Breakout!
Screenshot 2020-06-07 at 19.26.49.png

And then this is actually that same artwork that was released unofficially at D23 Expo 2018 in Japan. But as you can see the final ride vehicle design changed a little bit.
GOTGCoaster-D23Japan-ConceptArt.jpg

IMDREW

Ok this is only a small thing, but I still thought it was interesting to see an early render of Cosmic Rewind in the back of The Imagineering Story, when Rohde is talking Kevin Feige through Mission Breakout!
View attachment 475033

And then this is actually that same artwork that was released unofficially at D23 Expo 2018 in Japan. But as you can see the final ride vehicle design changed a little bit.
View attachment 475034
Nice find!!

marni1971

Park History nut
Premium Member
View attachment 475033

View attachment 475034
Truth be known there’s been multiple versions of the ride vehicle.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom