News Guardians of the Galaxy Cosmic Rewind attraction confirmed for Epcot

Giss Neric

I always put my expectations low whenever Disney does rollercoasters cause I know they have to consider their audience. I know that my level of thrill would very much restrict a lot of people but that's just me.

I have ridden Tron in Shanghai. Great coaster overall but the thrill part is just the launch. The effects in the show building are very cool and adds to the immersion but there were just too many mid brakes.

Looking forward to Cosmic Rewind even though I know it's still a family coaster, but being one of the longest coasters at least compensates thrill for me.

I prefer Universal's attack of building coasters cause they definitely are for the thrill seekers but I understand that it definitely ruins sight lines which is important for Disney.

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member
I didn't want a coaster, but a simulator may be worse.

I think it would be similar DCA's Flight of Passage but with being in moving jetpacks. Much more than a box and a screen. And much more than being seated in a theater.

Anaheim only has 3 simulators (SW:SR, ST, Soarin') out of the total 57+ rides. This isn't Universal. ;)

UNCgolf

Anaheim only has 3 simulators (SW:SR, ST, Soarin') out of the total 57+ rides. This isn't Universal. ;)

Thank god.

I'm just always concerned Disney is going to pivot hard into simulators for the majority of new rides. I've been a bit worried that Rise of the Resistance could actually push them towards simulators even more -- not because people aren't blown away by it (obviously they are) but because of the significant operational difficulties.

yeti

To clarify, DCA was originally a coaster and is now a simulator-esque attraction. To my knowledge, the plan was never for all three Avengers E-Tickets to be the same. At best, two would be shared.
No worries if you can't answer this, but does this imply Paris is getting an Avengers E-ticket separate from the RnRC overlay?

Magic Feather

No worries if you can't answer this, but does this imply Paris is getting an Avengers E-ticket separate from the RnRC overlay?
Paris’s E was originally planned to occupy a portion of the Motors, Action plot. Unfortunately, it was always a “phase 2,” That (once the full WDS plans went public), realistically wouldn’t come before Rise. With cuts being looked at, I wouldn’t be shocked to see it be one of the first to be cut from the long term plan (especially with it not being officially announced).

As for the fate of Anaheim and Hong Kong, Anaheim will likely get done out of necessity for DCA (I expect Avengers Campus to get low ratings and so do they, which is why they already announced that land’s future anchor), and be done out of governmental obligation in HK.

thequeuelinelectures

Paris’s E was originally planned to occupy a portion of the Motors, Action plot. Unfortunately, it was always a “phase 2,” That (once the full WDS plans went public), realistically wouldn’t come before Rise. With cuts being looked at, I wouldn’t be shocked to see it be one of the first to be cut from the long term plan (especially with it not being officially announced).

As for the fate of Anaheim and Hong Kong, Anaheim will likely get done out of necessity for DCA (I expect Avengers Campus to get low ratings and so do they, which is why they already announced that land’s future anchor), and be done out of governmental obligation in HK.
Interesting! I would have guessed the simulators would be DCA and Paris with Hong Kong getting the coaster because Paris already has the iron man RNRC overlay

No Name

one of the longest coasters

One of the longest indoor coasters. Very different since indoor coasters are much shorter.

For example, to my knowledge, the Space Mountains, RnRCs, and Trons take up all the spots from 3-12 on the list of longest indoor coasters. They’re all in the lower 3000s in length, not particularly long. If Cosmic Rewind wasn’t one of the longest indoor coasters, that would be embarrassing.

the_rich

He also said he's currently working on it.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20200614-140129_Instagram.jpg
    Screenshot_20200614-140129_Instagram.jpg
    65 KB · Views: 140

kurtk

He’s not going to say it’s rubbish now is he? Especially not in a carefully crafted and planted PR leak?

Let alone it’s not finished yet.
Of course he is going to build it up. But Disney does do a lot of 3d simulations and I am sure this ride is no different. They probably have a pretty good idea of what the ride will be like.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom