MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member

How much are the Segway tours again?

1591583495599.png

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member
I don’t know if it had been previously discussed, but I just read that the footage for Cosmic Rewind is dependent on shooting for Guardians 3. Even if the ride (building and track) is done it won’t be ready until they have time to film the scenes. I wonder what the protocol is for filming during the movie?

While that's what they wanted to for convenience, they don't have to.

Most of the filmed actors are done one at a time in front of a green screen. If there was never going to be a GotG3, that's what they'd be doing.

lazyboy97o

Is Tom Fitzgerald still involved in the project?
He never really was and didn't even want Marvel in the park. He is the creative lead for the park but Marvel has its own creative lead outside of the park leads. His involvement was more in name because this project is in "his" park.

KIGhostGuy

He never really was and didn't even want Marvel in the park. He is the creative lead for the park but Marvel has its own creative lead outside of the park leads. His involvement was more in name because this project is in "his" park.
So I take it this attraction was shoved into the park without input from the EPCOT people? This was all done from the Marvel side of things?

RSoxNo1

Is Tom Fitzgerald still involved in the project?
Does anyone know that whether or not his absence on the D23 Expo 2019 stage was a silent protest? He did present the initial announcement for the Guardians coaster in 2017, but he was nowhere to be seen in 2019.

Captain Neo

Does anyone know that whether or not his absence on the D23 Expo 2019 stage was a silent protest? He did present the initial announcement for the Guardians coaster in 2017, but he was nowhere to be seen in 2019.

What protest? Fitzgerald was all about video screens and movie tie-ins for decades. He's one of the reasons things got so bad at WDI over the years.

thequeuelinelectures

You never know. Especially the different one.

I’d bet good money “the different one” was a flying coaster. Vekoma, manufacturer of cosmic rewind and most Disney coasters, has been working on new launched flying coaster models like the hopefully opening soon F.L.Y at phantasiland. Huge potential for storytelling and easy to theme as some sort of jet pack system, but probably just deemed too thrilling for the general Disney public

lazyboy97o

I’d bet good money “the different one” was a flying coaster. Vekoma, manufacturer of cosmic rewind and most Disney coasters, has been working on new launched flying coaster models like the hopefully opening soon F.L.Y at phantasiland. Huge potential for storytelling and easy to theme as some sort of jet pack system, but probably just deemed too thrilling for the general Disney public
The new flying coaster is the technological basis for Cosmic Rewind. You sit upright and the seat rotates sideways into the flying position. That technology was developed into the spinning system.

thequeuelinelectures

The new flying coaster is the technological basis for Cosmic Rewind. You sit upright and the seat rotates sideways into the flying position. That technology was developed into the spinning system.

Wow from Vekoma's own website: "On this really unique ride, riders are comfortably and safely harnessed in a prone position. Riders start in a sit-down position and are transported sideways to a dark ride section. They are immersed in a story to save the world using their flying super powers. Prepared to get launched, the track and seats are turns 90 degrees creating a smooth transformation from dark ride to flying coaster from where the flight begins and riders experience inversions, air time moments, near miss moments and a lot more. With their arms stretched out, face down and parallel to the track, this is as close as it gets to flying like superman!"

This has always been my blue sky idea for an iron man coaster, too bad that doesn't seem to be in the cards. Hopefully Cosmic Rewind still has some sort of "dark ride section" like described here

IMDREW

Wow from Vekoma's own website: "On this really unique ride, riders are comfortably and safely harnessed in a prone position. Riders start in a sit-down position and are transported sideways to a dark ride section. They are immersed in a story to save the world using their flying super powers. Prepared to get launched, the track and seats are turns 90 degrees creating a smooth transformation from dark ride to flying coaster from where the flight begins and riders experience inversions, air time moments, near miss moments and a lot more. With their arms stretched out, face down and parallel to the track, this is as close as it gets to flying like superman!"

This has always been my blue sky idea for an iron man coaster, too bad that doesn't seem to be in the cards. Hopefully Cosmic Rewind still has some sort of "dark ride section" like described here
I hoped this would be the avengers ride system. But im guessing thats not the case?

Shouldnt get my hopes up anyway like i had with that spiderman pendulum coaster patent. And look what we’re getting for spidey now.. sigh

trainplane3

I hoped this would be the avengers ride system. But im guessing thats not the case?

Shouldnt get my hopes up anyway like i had with that spiderman pendulum coaster patent. And look what we’re getting for spidey now.. sigh
No one has put out any specifics on the Avengers ride system yet.
@thequeuelinelectures, here's the coaster using the new flying system:

And the prototype in testing at Vekoma:

lazyboy97o

Is anyone aware of any budget cuts to GOTG related to Covid or is it too far down the construction phase for those cuts?
Budget cuts after approval would be a rather dramatic change, going back to something that has not really happened for nearly 20 years. While it is common for people to speak of "budget cuts," after the formal approval these cuts are usually Walt Disney Imagineering cutting elements to pay for others which are now expected to cost more, to keep the entire project within its [already very high] budget and not an actual reduction to the project budget. For something as far along as Project Sausalito the only area that could really cut would be show sets that have not yet started fabrication but you'd be paying to design something and flushing away shop work that has likely already commenced.

Last edited:

thequeuelinelectures

No one has put out any specifics on the Avengers ride system yet.
@thequeuelinelectures, here's the coaster using the new flying system:

And the prototype in testing at Vekoma:

I had seen this video before but it's cool to revisit it knowing how this tech became comsic rewind. You can totally see the same controlled rotation base that both cars share! I'm so excited for F.L.Y

Sadly I don't think Avengers is a coaster anymore. It was at one point but now it seems like it's some sort of next gen simulator. Could still be great

Magic Feather

I had seen this video before but it's cool to revisit it knowing how this tech became comsic rewind. You can totally see the same controlled rotation base that both cars share! I'm so excited for F.L.Y

Sadly I don't think Avengers is a coaster anymore. It was at one point but now it seems like it's some sort of next gen simulator. Could still be great
At least DCA's Avengers attraction isn't a coaster anymore.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom