News Guardians of the Galaxy Cosmic Rewind attraction confirmed for Epcot

celluloid

The working studio concept due to lack of business may be gone, but it still has a good amount of behind the scenes and studio themed aspects. G Force Records, Backlot Express, Indy Stunt Spectacular, Sci Fi Dine in, Muppets, Star Tours' extended queue( know by default of being forgotten) Launch Bay, Mickey's Runaway Railway is a movie premier and Walt Disney Presents all have production and showbiz themes.

aladdin2007

They have continued to take away however a lot of the little things that gave the studios a great vibe. Sids on the corner, the Writers Stop, even the city streets. While nothing was really there it had details visually and sounds that fit into the area. I wont even start on parades and the osborne lights... They even removed the art of disney which I always liked in the animation courtyard. Now its all just going generic and becoming another Disney Springs, same can be said for Epcot. Not to mention the brewery which was just an excuse to get alcohol in there to make money, another disney springs type thing that doesn't fit in the park at all, I dont care what they call that ill conceived area back there LA street or whatever, the cohesion is a mess. Obviously I dont care for the routes they have taken, I just prefer the MGM days, the vibe was stronger and more uniform, now its just this and that here and there like the parks are all becoming. , ohhh oops sorry I just realized this is really the guardians thread, not so much studios...carry on.:)

WDWTank

Honestly, I think all four parks will just become Magic Kingdom North, South, East, and West over time just with different names. The concept of theme and identity is a nostalgic concept kept alive in the minds of us fans on these boards.

The masses have shown they really don't care - Put up a giant sky bar in Epcot? Sure, why not. Moana water feature? Kids will love it. Asphalt parking lot carnival in Animal Kingdom? I like the spinny ride.

It is to weep.
But then they’re not theme parks anymore, they’re I.P. Parks

Minthorne

But then they’re not theme parks anymore, they’re I.P. Parks

Are you saying IP isn't a theme?

1585240378741.png

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom