News Guardians of the Galaxy Cosmic Rewind attraction confirmed for Epcot

seascape

I wonder if Disney is getting around any sort of restrictions or taxes for a 'new building' by replacing every bit of the old building bit by bit.

Theseus' Energy Adventure!
I know of several buildings in Massachusetts that had additions added all around the building and then tore down the original, now inside building, down.

Bender123

Well you had half of that right

Huh? Average lifespan of a panel from that era was about 15 to 20 years...I cant remember a situation where they were all removed and replaced. Their efficacy in power generation degrades over time, so "bad shape" doesn't necessarily mean they looked bad. They were almost double their expected life. They may have looked OK, but that doesn't mean they were functional.

If I'm not mistaken, the average expected generation of a 1970s/early 80s cell would be around 1-2% efficiency after almost 40 years.

DreamfinderGuy

Huh? Average lifespan of a panel from that era was about 15 to 20 years...I cant remember a situation where they were all removed and replaced. Their efficacy in power generation degrades over time, so "bad shape" doesn't necessarily mean they looked bad. They were almost double their expected life. They may have looked OK, but that doesn't mean they were functional.

If I'm not mistaken, the average expected generation of a 1970s/early 80s cell would be around 1-2% efficiency after almost 40 years.
tl;dr, I meant that the last panels were from the late 90s, not the 82 originals

thequeuelinelectures

I've always been curious about one piece of small info we do have about this ride. Why does everyone refer to the big queue scene as the "transformation room"? Did this come from insiders? Any clues as to what is being transformed? Are we being taken to space? Is it named after an effect to transform the room from epcot to xandar?

GlacierGlacier

I've always been curious about one piece of small info we do have about this ride. Why does everyone refer to the big queue scene as the "transformation room"? Did this come from insiders? Any clues as to what is being transformed? Are we being taken to space? Is it named after an effect to transform the room from epcot to xandar?

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member
Could someone share the referenced Martin’s diagram of GOTG?

Here it is...

And now, a little something I drew to illustrate the type of layout. This is purposely not fully accurate, clear, nor does it show elevation or exactly what track is connected to what. Nor does it come with huge letters.

View attachment 301240

And no stealing or copying. This is a WDWMagic exclusive and if I see it elsewhere I’ll know where it’s from!

tribbleorlfl

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom