News Guardians of the Galaxy Cosmic Rewind attraction confirmed for Epcot

DreamfinderGuy

I see some peeps have beaten me to it, but I’ll throw up some of my better shots too.
CB721BAE-C0CC-4225-B637-0F8B9942848E.jpeg
C6849DD6-4ABC-4DE9-9038-6B8A5ED5A78A.jpeg
BF3A3570-E00C-40F7-A300-0B96A9266DAC.jpeg
C5A99A40-E531-446A-886D-46A8259C5C29.jpeg
5D1646E2-9B28-4093-9B6D-8BD05DB397CE.jpeg

lazyboy97o

The only access is at ground level though. You can see the entry way on the bottom of the pic

The top part doesn't seem to have a reason not to have been enclosed at the same time as the gravity building

View attachment 361839
There are lifts and cranes that provide acces into the area above the ground. It is also easier to install the metal panels from bottom-up Since they overlap in that way.

Timothy_Q

There are lifts and cranes that provide acces into the area above the ground. It is also easier to install the metal panels from bottom-up Since they overlap in that way.
Not trying to argue, but there's no space to get anything through the steel framing. That's why they leave open sections on ground level

Bairstow

Could they be leaving it open to let in sunlight?
With all the welding flash going on in there, it's probably easier to work by.

rocketraccoon

From today. Jeez I haven't been to the parks in like a month.

ift5cjY.jpg

Dread it, run from it, etc. etc.

El3iUkE.jpg

The work being done to heighten (?) the roof is coming along. The pre-existing colors are getting pretty gross, though I think those'll get greyed out going by the concept art.

cbBGV6j.jpg

Hq5DkoC.jpg

Ducting is being installed inside the queue building. Still a lotta piping out front to be put in, but it shouldn't be incredibly long before floors and walls start happening.

1jGrq9x.jpg

Could this be the man that brings The Ladder to each project?

OQRNY3e.jpg

Given nobody is really around that side of Future World, there's been a good deal of bunnies on the hill between UoE and Wonders. Skittish lil' guys, though it's for the best.

rocketraccoon

Tip for photographers: If you can with your camera, zoom in on the inside parts and change your exposure to make it as bright as possible. That will wash out the outdoors part of the picture, but it may give a peek as to what's happening indoors. Thanks! :)
Probably not anything too exciting yet I imagine. The ground inside is still dirt and everything viewed from the monorail is all just pipes being installed.

No Name

Photo update as of April 1st
View attachment 360708View attachment 360709
The back of the old Energy building. They are adding new steel framing to the roof at the back of the building.View attachment 360710View attachment 360713
Looks like work is being done for foundations in Energy. Also the bottoms of the steel framing have been painted black for some reason. (Apologies for my shirt in the reflection)View attachment 360714View attachment 360715
Some piping and such has been moved inside the pavilion.View attachment 360717

It didn't go away on April 2nd... :(

note2001

Isn't he a little fat to be a stormtrooper?
You're so lucky my phone still works after I spat coke on it. :)
The only access is at ground level though. You can see the entry way on the bottom of the pic

The top part doesn't seem to have a reason not to have been enclosed at the same time as the gravity building

View attachment 361839
Maybe they have special panels being built, or, glass if the intention is to have the launch ramp able to see daylight to mimic a ship at takeoff.

tparris

From today. Jeez I haven't been to the parks in like a month.

ift5cjY.jpg

Dread it, run from it, etc. etc.

El3iUkE.jpg

The work being done to heighten (?) the roof is coming along. The pre-existing colors are getting pretty gross, though I think those'll get greyed out going by the concept art.

cbBGV6j.jpg

Hq5DkoC.jpg

Ducting is being installed inside the queue building. Still a lotta piping out front to be put in, but it shouldn't be incredibly long before floors and walls start happening.

1jGrq9x.jpg

Could this be the man that brings The Ladder to each project?

OQRNY3e.jpg

Given nobody is really around that side of Future World, there's been a good deal of bunnies on the hill between UoE and Wonders. Skittish lil' guys, though it's for the best.
Might I ask what camera you used and how you got those photos inside the Energy pavilion? The wall was to high for me to see over, although I’m only about 5’7. Unless you stood on one of the hills around the area?

tparris

I see some peeps have beaten me to it, but I’ll throw up some of my better shots too.
View attachment 361852View attachment 361853View attachment 361855View attachment 361856View attachment 361858
How did you get over there without security getting on to you? I tried taking some pics of the back of Energy from the monorail station, and security told me I couldn’t take pictures. They didn’t go through my phone so I got to keep the pics I took, but they were watching me until I left.

rocketraccoon

Might I ask what camera you used and how you got those photos inside the Energy pavilion? The wall was to high for me to see over, although I’m only about 5’7. Unless you stood on one of the hills around the area?
Nikon D5300 with a 35mm prime lens. Just stood on the grass right up against the walkway, didn't climb the hill or anything.

It's also zoomed in a ton in Photoshop, the actual image from the camera is pretty far back still

The whole place is lit up, so I imagine you'd get actually good views at night.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom