News Guardians of the Galaxy Cosmic Rewind attraction confirmed for Epcot

Movielover

I'm sure the blatant disregard for a meticulously planned futuristic experimental prototype community of tomorrow will all be worth it for a 65 second generic dark roller coaster experience.

That blatant disregard started long before Epcot Center was even built.

For my own research purposes, are you in your 20's by chance?

People looked forward to Frozenstrom too.

Have not experienced it yet, Some people can't afford yearly WDW trips...

Movielover

Not really. But given your age that’s a very good reason why you don’t “get it”. You really missed out on something special.

Based upon all of my memories and pictures from my trips to WDW throughout my life... I have to disagree. Nothing but fantastic, entertaining adventures with many more to look forward to in the future. But then again I'm not the one living in the past here on this board... ;)

Magicart87

No Refunds!
Premium Member
I assume the original plans for the exterior of the gravity building have been scrapped or significantly reduced to curb the ballooned overspending on the entire project? You don't "go away" green unless you're trying to save some green.

Now back to your regular discussion.

marni1971

Park History nut
Premium Member
Based upon all of my memories and pictures from my trips to WDW throughout my life... I have to disagree..
That’s fine. But since you were a toddler when EPCOT Center had changed you would have a hard time understanding what made it so amazing.

Take all those amazing memories and pictures and times them by 100 and you’d just begin to scratch the surface. That’s why it’s hard to “get it”. Not a criticism. There’s thousands, millions more the same.

If the park had changed (it had to change) and still be as good as it was that would be great. But it’s not. Nor will it be.

The Pho

Not really. But given your age that’s a very good reason why you don’t “get it”. You really missed out on something special.
That’s kind of what I was getting at, seems to be a consistent theme with people who seem to think frozenstrum and GotG are both good ideas.

Let's not blame age, plenty of us younger people also think it's an odd decision to say the least, and miss the older Epcot. But you can be disappointed with the direction and still be excited to see the final product. I'll miss Epcot the same way I miss MGM.

marni1971

Park History nut
Premium Member
Let's not blame age, plenty of us younger people also think it's an odd decision to say the least, and miss the older Epcot. But you can be disappointed with the direction and still be excited to see the final product. I'll miss Epcot the same way I miss MGM.
Sorry, no disrespect intended. Not blaming age as such, more pointing out what’s very often the reason. I’ve many friends who never saw the glory days and yet yearn for them.

Movielover

Take all those amazing memories and pictures and times them by 100 and you’d just begin to scratch the surface. That’s why it’s hard to “get it”. Not a criticism. There’s thousands, millions more the same.

I'm sure, and you amazing videos help show me what that Epcot was like. I hope everyone who visits WDW has the same experiences and memories that I have. But what I know, just being a young toddler, is that that version of Epcot is gone. I am sorry that it is becasue clearly it means something very much to you, but I look forward to a new experience that hopefully can mean something to someone like those attractions did to you.

marni1971

Park History nut
Premium Member
I'm sure, and you amazing videos help show me what that Epcot was like. I hope everyone who visits WDW has the same experiences and memories that I have. But what I know, just being a young toddler, is that that version of Epcot is gone. I am sorry that it is becasue clearly it means something very much to you, but I look forward to a new experience that hopefully can mean something to someone like those attractions did to you.
Very eloquently put.

Horizons '83

In the Parks
No
No disrespect either, but I have seen a trend and I was curious.

Movielover

Frozen Ever After is a great ride and people love it. This is the new direction for Epcot and if you don't like it you are clearly living in the past. ;)

giphy.gif

Thank you, I needed that!

Incomudro

For one, coasters aren't entertaining to me nor is the notion of a Fun Space Adventure unique ( just look across the path to find a fun space adventure or in MK). Believe it or not Energy was entertaining to me. The idea of yet another coaster is quite opposite of what I find entertaining.

You have no idea what the entire experience of this coaster is going to be like.
I can say I don't like free falls - but then there's Tower of Terror.
Or, I don't like log flumes - but then there's Splash Mountain.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom