News Guardians of the Galaxy Cosmic Rewind attraction confirmed for Epcot

britain

No reason to have the panels pre-painted green, if they are just going to put theming over them. It is interesting to note that the highest panel in that picture is a lighter shade of green.

So is this the best we can hope for now?

1540244933210.png

sedati

Ah yes, comparing the 50's.. where there was limited amount of entertainment offered vs the current insane widespread variety and huge competition..
Sorry, the response was in jest- I was responding to a bold assertion lacking any nuance or depth of thought.

monothingie

Proxy War 2024: Never Forget
Premium Member
So is this the best we can hope for now?

View attachment 321594

I would expect only the sight lines from in the park to be clad with some GOTG futuristic junk stapled, taped, or glued to the building. (Which someone in WDI thinks will probably look cool but totally clash with elegance of Epcot. But because it’s GOTG and Epcot is for boring old farts let’s totally crap on what the true spirit of the park was because we no longer have any imagination. But I digress...)

The parking lot view will get nothing. Theming is expensive and yada yada yada...

mikejs78

Premium Member
I would expect only the sight lines from in the park to be clad with some GOTG futuristic junk stapled, taped, or glued to the building. (Which someone in WDI thinks will probably look cool but totally clash with elegance of Epcot. But because it’s GOTG and Epcot is for boring old farts let’s totally crap on what the true spirit of the park was because we no longer have any imagination. But I digress...)

The parking lot view will get nothing. Theming is expensive and yada yada yada...
:oops:

Movielover

giphy.gif

giphy.gif

giphy.gif

monothingie

Premium Member

I know it’s easy to paste some animated gifs but did you know that when they built the TOT they intentionally designed the north side to look like the Moroccan pavilion as to not disrupt theming and sight lines?

At one point these things were very important to imagineers to make sure Disney Parks could ensure the highest level of guest immersion and quality and be differentiated from the competition.

But I guess you would be happier with a $12 Starlord cupcake to drool over.

Movielover

but did you know that when they built the TOT they intentionally designed the north side to look like the Moroccan pavilion as to not disrupt theming and sight lines?

Yes I do know that, everyone knows that! It's one of the most well known easter eggs in the resort. It's only been mentioned here and in the Ratatouille thread over a dozen times.

At one point these things were very important to imagineers to make sure Disney Parks could ensure the highest level of guest immersion and quality and be differentiated from the competition.

And they still are, but it is difficult when adding to an already existing space to not disrupt sight lines, example every other single tall structure that can be seen from within Epcot. This ride is not different from any of those other projects (Swan/Dolphin, Soarin, outside hotels, etc) The only difference here is that those other additions did not replace a extremely outdated and under performing dark ride that was barely limping along in the first place. A ride that some on here like to obsessively ooze themselves over as the greatest thing since sliced bread. Guess what? Universe of Energy is DEAD, its gone and not coming back and there is not a single darn thing you can do about it. Also Disney is still miles above the competition and you have to be a fool to think that the likes of Six Flags or Cedar Fair come even close to what Disney offers, and Universal? I love Universal but when they are not operating under JK's extreme control the best they can come out with is that Fast and the Furious Bus Adventure?

But I guess you would be happier with a $12 Starlord cupcake to drool over.

I would, but I'm on the Keto diet so I'll just take a pin instead! Have one for me though, you sound like you could use some happiness in your life!

I know it’s easy to paste some animated gifs

Fair enough, I'll just post some regular pictures instead...

1540296701324.png

1540296752658.png

Trigger Warning: Reality!

The Pho

Also Disney is still miles above the competition and you have to be a fool to think that the likes of Six Flags or Cedar Fair come even close to what Disney offers

It's kind of unfair to compare the immersion of amusement parks with the immersion of theme parks. Since one has next to nothing to do with theming (a name and paint is not a theme Six Flags). Cedar Point does destroy Disney as a thrill park, but that isn't what Disney is so that is just as unfair of a comparison.

monothingie

Premium Member
Yes I do know that, everyone knows that! It's one of the most well known easter eggs in the resort. It's only been mentioned here and in the Ratatouille thread over a dozen times.

And they still are, but it is difficult when adding to an already existing space to not disrupt sight lines, example every other single tall structure that can be seen from within Epcot. This ride is not different from any of those other projects (Swan/Dolphin, Soarin, outside hotels, etc) The only difference here is that those other additions did not replace a extremely outdated and under performing dark ride that was barely limping along in the first place. A ride that some on here like to obsessively ooze themselves over as the greatest thing since sliced bread. Guess what? Universe of Energy is DEAD, its gone and not coming back and there is not a single darn thing you can do about it. Also Disney is still miles above the competition and you have to be a fool to think that the likes of Six Flags or Cedar Fair come even close to what Disney offers, and Universal? I love Universal but when they are not operating under JK's extreme control the best they can come out with is that Fast and the Furious Bus Adventure?

I would, but I'm on the Keto diet so I'll just take a pin instead! Have one for me though, you sound like you could use some happiness in your life!

Fair enough, I'll just post some regular pictures instead...

View attachment 321653

View attachment 321654

Trigger Warning: Reality!
Must be hard on your devices with all the anger typing.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom