News Guardians of the Galaxy Cosmic Rewind attraction confirmed for Epcot

eddie104

TSL just wasn't meant to be a placeholder. It was meant to be a legit draw in its own right. Although it's crowded now, it's not exactly the big success that they had hoped it would be.
To not keep this thread off topic any longer I will say this. How does a land built in one year going to be the epitome of new experiences and groundbreaking attractions like were people expecting huge E tickets or something. It is not perfect by any means necessary and has some issues but it has some really nice immersive elements.

marni1971

Park History nut
Premium Member
To not keep this thread off topic any longer I will say this. How does a land built in one year going to be the epitome of new experiences and groundbreaking attractions like were people expecting huge E tickets or something..
Ask those who work for the company who thought so.

Not that anyone expected an E - there were no surprises. Although given the cost there should have been

MichWolv

Born Modest. Wore Off.
TSL just wasn't meant to be a placeholder. It was meant to be a legit draw in its own right. Although it's crowded now, it's not exactly the big success that they had hoped it would be.
I don't know what it was "meant" to be, but it seems logical that it would be a draw for families...but that's all. And I don't mean that in a negative way. DHS was severely (and is now only moderately) lacking in family rides. The thrills of RnRC, ToT and StarTours don't work as well if you have a small child or somebody who is moderately motion sensitive. That left little for such families. TSL ought to help with that crowd, and, IMHO, is properly designed for that (although I'd like another flat ride to round things out).

If Disney was expecting it to do more than that, I'm glad it isn't, because perhaps it'll help convince the Company they can't dress up C-ticket rides with D-ticket theming and get E-ticket fan response.

Last edited:

monothingie

Evil will always triumph, because good is dumb.
Premium Member
Disney isn't making as much money off of us historical Epcot fans. They make money off of thrills. And to be honest, I'm tired of trying to justify Epcot. It was a failed attempt. Nobody wants edutainment. They want pure entertainment. So, Disney, give the people what they want and ignore us little guys, as much as I hate to say it.

Because trying to justify Epcot's original intentions every single time to these first timers who don't understand why Epcot is the way it is, destroys me piece by piece.

No it's called LAZY IMAGINEERING! Encouraged by incompetent executives who don't have the vision that their predecessors had.

No one is against excitement and thrills, but whats being done is simply shoehorning in IP into a generic experience. GOTG will be rethemed within a decade once the franchise becomes tired. It will be more out of date than Ellen's flip phone in Ellen's Energy Adventure.

Rides like Splash Mountain, Thunder Mountain, Pirates, Space Mountain are timeless attractions because they fit perfectly within the story imagineers wanted to create. IP can be fantastic when done properly. Splash Mountain, FOP and NAVI, Tower of Terror, and RNR are perfect examples of it being done right.

MickeyMinnieMom

Often those who post are the source. They kind of know..... stuff. Doesn’t matter if you believe what they say or not.
Ah ok. I know where to file that in my mind. While I always love to hear (and value) any thoughts those who work for the Mouse have from their vantage points, I don’t personally buy that people high up enough to truly know the expectations of Disney leadership post on these boards. JMO.

WondersOfLife

Blink, blink. Breathe, breathe. Day in, day out.
No it's called LAZY IMAGINEERING! Encouraged by incompetent executives who don't have the vision that their predecessors had.

No one is against excitement and thrills, but whats being done is simply shoehorning in IP into a generic experience. GOTG will be rethemed within a decade once the franchise becomes tired. It will be more out of date than Ellen's flip phone in Ellen's Energy Adventure.

Rides like Splash Mountain, Thunder Mountain, Pirates, Space Mountain are timeless attractions because they fit perfectly within the story imagineers wanted to create. IP can be fantastic when done properly. Splash Mountain, FOP and NAVI, Tower of Terror, and RNR are perfect examples of it being done right.

The Guardians ride at DCA is pretty dang good. I don't see Guardians becoming a "tired franchise" for a very long time.

TBH, it's okay to have an attraction that can last 10 years. That's what Ellen was. The problem was the fact that they let it last.. Like... TWENTY years. Disney can make profit on an attraction within 10 years. And if it's a thrill ride, it won't matter if the IP is dated *cough rockin roller coaster* because the ride itself is thrilling.

monothingie

Premium Member
Often those who post are the source. They kind of know..... stuff. Doesn’t matter if you believe what they say or not.
5fd8ca9ef493ae16d1896d32a81cd193.330x216x24.gif

WondersOfLife

Blink, blink. Breathe, breathe. Day in, day out.
Three currently. And there have been others in the past (Body Wars/Sum of all Thrills)

Test Track and Mission: Space...... Am I missing something? Are you one of those people that considers Soarin' a thrill ride?

Also, the past doesn't count if they don't exist anymore. (Which is a shame. I firmly believe Sum of all thrills should be its own big attraction that could replace an ENTIRE Innoventions show building)

marni1971

Park History nut
Premium Member
Ah ok. I know where to file that in my mind. While I always love to hear (and value) any thoughts those who work for the Mouse have from their vantage points, I don’t personally buy that people high up enough to truly know the expectations of Disney leadership post on these boards. JMO.
Like I said, it doesn’t matter if you don’t believe what you read. I post some stuff, I don’t really care if no one believes me. No skin off my nose.

smile

To not keep this thread off topic any longer I will say this. How does a land built in one year going to be the epitome of new experiences and groundbreaking attractions like were people expecting huge E tickets or something. It is not perfect by any means necessary and has some issues but it has some really nice immersive elements.

i appreciate your optimism, but that's coming from a perspective unaware of the actual cost and timeline of the project
- granted, for many reasons, that shouldn't matter - but it actually does... in the deep dark recesses of conference rooms :p

i also respect your favorable view of the theming in tsl, but i must say......

immersive

mp2.gif

Incomudro

The idea that entertainment is inherently incapable of being thoughtful and inspirational is nonsense peddled by those who are afraid of thinking.

No one said that it's incapable of being thoughtful and inspirational.
What is question is whether people nowadays would like that in a theme park anymore?
Do they have the attention span for it?
Would they come back for it again?
Is it worth it for a theme park to go that route anymore?

monothingie

Premium Member
No one said that it's incapable of being thoughtful and inspirational.
What is question is whether people nowadays would like that in a theme park anymore?
Do they have the attention span for it?
Would they come back for it again?
Is it worth it for a theme park to go that route anymore?

I believe its called the Six Flags Strategy.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom