News Guardians of the Galaxy Cosmic Rewind attraction confirmed for Epcot

TimeDuck

The same reason that all Disney areas have high turnover (excepting those in high ranking posittions):
you get what you paid for+treating each worker like a nameless/faceless/interchangeable cog in a machine = high turnover :/

That's such a bummer. I've been trying to break in there for awhile on the studio side but WDI has always seemed like an amazing place to be, from the outside looking in.

WondersOfLife

Blink, blink. Breathe, breathe. Day in, day out.
You seem to be invested in the MCU as fan so I think that clouds your reasoning. The majority of guests are not fans, they just want to try something new. Once the buzz dies down it will be just another generic experience. In 10 years it will have the same crowd levels as RNR, which of course there are rumors going around for it being updated. Still don't think it will happen, look at Frozen, those wait times have shot back to reality pretty quickly. I'm sure TSL will be in the same boat too once GE opens if not before.

1). I'm not a hardcore Marvel fan, I just like every other movie and Guardians is one of them.

2). I think you'd be surprised to find out that a majority of Disney theme park guests ARE Marvel fans. Given the huge success and box office records, I wouldn't be surprised to find out that the majority of the American population in GENERAL are marvel fans. Hence, why Marvel Superhero Island has been one of Universal's most successful and popular theme park lands/attractions since it first opened, and why they won't back down on the rights.

3). In 10 years, the same crowd level as RNR would be pretty high up there, so we agree on SOMEthing. So yea, once the "buzz dies down," it'll still be holding an hour/hour and a half worth of wait time. Maybe more considering, again, Epcot has no thrill rides.

4). Frozen was not executed properly at all. It was merely an overlay of a pre-existing ride. Energy has been totally gutted, and Guardians is going to be one of the longest indoor roller coasters in the world. So again, you need to work on your comparisons.

5). Toy Story Land is yet another bad comparison, as the attractions in the land won't even come close to the level of a thrill ride as Guardians will. Guardians should be compared to Rockin', Space Mountain, Everest, and other more thrilling attractions. Specifically coaster style.

Whether Guardians fits thematically in Epcot or not will not hinder its success.

GlacierGlacier

That's really sad to hear given how much of a dream job it is for people.
I'm about to enter the industry, and more and more I've heard universal creative is the place to work. Disney is full of archaic big-buisness management styles which don't contribute well to a creative environment.

Could it get better? Probably. But until then I'm not going WDI.

trainplane3

The best way to describe working for Disney and working for Universal is as followed:
Universal let's all of their team members go into Halloween Horror Nights for free as many times as they'd like and gives each team member a 9pound Turkey for thanksgiving.
Disney doesn't allow cast member to go to even one Not So Scary for free (and offers an increasingly limited amount of discounted tickets for Cast) and serves a thanksgiving meal that you have to pay to enjoy in their cafeteria.

Work for Universal. The pay is about the same but you'll be treated with respect and treated like a human.
Honest question, does the Universal name carry the same weight as Disney or Imagineer in this industry? I feel like people get excited when they hear someone works "an Imagineer at Disney" but I'm not sure how people react to someone at "Universal Creative". Maybe it does now since HP land was a smash hit that proved what Universal could do and with Nintendo land, it'll be carried farther. Is the name worth the crap everything else they deal with?

I know some people that work/worked at Google and a high up exec at Motorola and while it isn't the hottest place to work, the name carries you through the IT industry.

eddie104

Those who can't get their good ideas made at Disney Imagineering go to Universal Creative.
The reason that Universal Creative has been stepping it's game up (Potter/their new park in development/Nintendo) is largely because a lot of Disney Imagineering left to go to Universal.
Ever looked at the records outside of Diagon Alley in that record shop?
Ever see the one called Fallen By The Wayside By The Value Engineers? That's a certain finger being raised that current Universal Creatives are shooting towards their old bosses at Disney.
Volcano Bay was originally a Disneyland Paris concept but because the park had such a rough start it got shelved. The Imagineer working on the project ended becoming a senior vice president at Uni Creative and guess what...it got built.

smile

Bell Labs, Kraft, Exxon, General Motors, GE, Kodak, United Technologies, Met Life...
Yes they were sponsors, but they were pretty much the theme as well.

never been, huh?
... or watch a @marni1971 vid?
;)

a little heavy-handed in the post shows, perhaps (still is), but i never feel/felt theme was a corp, and i think it's unfortunate if that's all you saw or could see...
for my money, the attraction developers did a bang-up job straddling that line on the proper side with a few, notable exceptions
  • for a brief moment in the seas pre-show... but then 'the deluge' and all is forgiven
  • for a brief moment at the end of horizons... even tho that sparkling ge logo was cool
  • and yes, during the current decent i feel somewhat immersed in siemens :bored:

celluloid

never been, huh?
... or watch a @marni1971 vid?
;)

a little heavy-handed in the post shows, perhaps (still is), but i never feel/felt theme was a corp, and i think it's unfortunate if that's all you saw or could see...
for my money, the attraction developers did a bang-up job straddling that line on the proper side with a few, notable exceptions
  • for a brief moment in the seas pre-show... but then 'the deluge' and all is forgiven
  • for a brief moment at the end of horizons... even tho that sparkling ge logo was cool
  • and yes, during the current decent i feel somewhat immersed in siemens :bored:

Also, all of those to me, are not nearly as intrusive and random as CONNECTING TO ONSTAR surrounding you by two large screens and loud audio that is always working better than the rest of the audio at the start of the current Test Track.

Bocabear

Tyhey used to hype Rocket Rods as the longest fastest ride at Disneyland....while those things may be true, It was an utter disappointment. Had they not slashed the budget and built the ride as conceived it would still be a top draw e-ticket...
Saying at this point Guardians Of The Galaxy is going to be the most amazoing ride ever hold little weight... Wait until the inevitable budget cuts start...

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom