News Guardians of the Galaxy Cosmic Rewind attraction confirmed for Epcot

Magic Feather

Gringots has 4 degrees of motion (pitch, yaw, roll, and movement along the track). From the prototype that I saw, it appears that Guardians will only have 2 degrees of motion (yaw and movement along the track). With Gringots, the movement along the track is minimal and relatively slow and the primary storytelling device (with regards to the ride vehicle) is in the movement of the vehicles in the pitch, yaw, and roll dimensions. With Guardians, the movement along the track will be much more significant with the yaw rotation just pointing you in specific directions during specific portions of the ride. I like to think that Guardians is more of a dark ride with some roller coaster like elements while Guardians will be a roller coaster with some dark ride elements.

(Disclaimer... I know nothing about the ride itself and all of the above is just educated guesses based upon what we do know).
Gringotts actually only uses Pitch, Yaw, and Movement Along the Track. Only Yaw is found within the RV itself. Any pitch is made by track motion based (track moves with vehicle on it). Expect only Yaw and track movement to be used here, but some combinations of Track Movement will make for interesting sensations.

bcoachable

Gringotts actually only uses Pitch, Yaw, and Movement Along the Track. Only Yaw is found within the RV itself. Any pitch is made by track motion based (track moves with vehicle on it). Expect only Yaw and track movement to be used here, but some combinations of Track Movement will make for interesting sensations.
So your sayin I’m going to throw up... :)

Monorail_Red_77

Here’s some pics I took yesterday Jun 2 from monorail approach. Also have it on video for posting somewhere later.
0CA58970-CD25-40D2-855C-D91D06426B77.jpeg
8F0C7146-8445-4C2D-8BB1-2623C50A4585.jpeg
9ACF5E51-F1EF-49B2-81E5-888B463C9F2C.jpeg
3037D798-A4C5-4EB4-99FD-5D15C490B131.jpeg
1C0A8AF5-3CD9-41AE-A990-FE9A58E69F49.jpeg
5148EB82-D7B8-4D4A-A956-1488C38BC98C.jpeg
4792348B-2A7A-4242-85B3-E65906B601BF.jpeg

Attachments

• 3D53BE16-7FAC-4D6D-B2E3-7D54B05BDF7B.jpeg
    3D53BE16-7FAC-4D6D-B2E3-7D54B05BDF7B.jpeg
    165 KB · Views: 66
  • F914F2CE-877A-4955-8F12-D59CFE170F92.jpeg
    F914F2CE-877A-4955-8F12-D59CFE170F92.jpeg
    132.1 KB · Views: 56

rioriz

Well I'm sure they'll paint it sky blue. Haha. I'm gonna hold out hope that they theme the building.

Not sure how much this has changed (probably a lot) but we were originally supposed to get a recreation of the Collectors Mansion Facade found in DCA. However would still be a gravity building.

That was also when Xandar could have been found where WoL sits.

I have not had much info since the beginning of planning so others can fill it in if so pleased...

New Poll! Prefer Collectors Facade or Big Blue Box 😁

ZmBe13

I really dont think its a tower crane for one reason, its not square. If you study all the pictures taken of it so far, if you were looking straight down on it, its like a half trapezoid shape. Maybe we will be surprised and the building will not just be a big box. It would be really cool if it was themed to the attraction somewhat with how tall it is. Like something on the building that is part of what you experience on the ride. For example lets say youre supposed to be riding a spaceship while on the ride, and outside you can see a mock spaceship waiting in the background behind the ride.

danlb_2000

Premium Member
I really dont think its a tower crane for one reason, its not square. If you study all the pictures taken of it so far, if you were looking straight down on it, its like a half trapezoid shape. Maybe we will be surprised and the building will not just be a big box. It would be really cool if it was themed to the attraction somewhat with how tall it is. Like something on the building that is part of what you experience on the ride. For example lets say youre supposed to be riding a spaceship while on the ride, and outside you can see a mock spaceship waiting in the background behind the ride.

There are two towers currently within the show building foot print. The taller one, which I think is what you are referring to clearly not a tower crane. I am still not sure about the second one.

rioriz

Could the tallest tower actually be an access tower? Stairs added would allow maintenance to different levels of the building for access.

ZmBe13

I see what you mean in the newer pictures, more in the center of the whole building? That does look like it may be a temporary crane for constructing the coaster since its in the middle it would be able to easily reach the whole area. I guess we will have to keep watching how this thing goes together. I think we are going to be pleasantly surprised by how it will look. I would hope they realized this thing is going to be so tall it will HAVE to be themed in some way and cant get away with just building a box and surrounding it with trees like they have so done so many other places.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom