News Guardians of the Galaxy Cosmic Rewind attraction confirmed for Epcot

aladdin2007

With something that big I hope they actually...you know...theme it.

If they don't I think I will officially have no more hope in Disney, they use to be masters in attraction design, now they are just shoving everything everywhere left and right with little to no cohesion with no regards for placement etc, very disheartening especially when it comes to Epcot. But will see.

rioriz

@MisterPenguin you are good with photoshop....for giggles could you align this Monstrosity (but good ride) around the Epcot building in size and scope?
download.jpeg

Movielover

Now maybe it’s just me but the fact that the structure may be built before the rollercoaster track is set makes me concerned for the true intensity of this coaster. Like... im worried that less intense coasters don’t need their track placed before the show building is built around it. Is there anyone who could tell me I’m wrong? I would like that.

This is a bit late of a response but the 2 Flight of Fear coasters at Kings Island and Kings Dominion had their buildings built first then the track was put into place using a crane built into the roof of the gravity buildings. These coasters are as intense as RNRC so I would think the order of building would be up to whoever is building the thing.

Bender123

Except it was.

:)

I agree...from the front. The side view wasnt nearly as "epic". Love the ride and love the building, but it was just a box with dual grey color tones and a slanty roof on one side. From the monorail or parking lot in the early 80's there was nothing of the buildings out of park facing sides that screamed "FUTURE!!!". That said, the vegetation grew up around it and made that view virtually impossible to see.

I couldn't find any ground level shots from the 80s, but I recall this side being visible from the parking lot and monorails, but it was almost completely hidden from the entry plaza.

epcot-1983.jpg

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom