News Guardians of the Galaxy Cosmic Rewind attraction confirmed for Epcot

justintheharris

I took this on Monday but it’s a good angle from the monorail
63AAD991-5568-4AC3-8E9B-12DBB93AE907.jpeg

monothingie

Evil will always triumph, because good is dumb.
Premium Member
Wow this seems almost as bad as Tron. Two of the biggest sightline blunders in WDW history.

They've already sold-out the spirit of EPCOT, so what does it matter at this point.

I'm sure they will hid it by having it covered in billboards advertising things like the official cheese and time piece of Walt Disney World.

Spash007

Do we know for sure that it's going to be a giant box? I know that's been the trend, but maybe they'll add more interesting elements to have it fit in once the box is done, like the mountains in SW:GE?

At the same time, I wonder if the hotel on the other side of Spaceship Earth is going to be used to balance this out. This way the hotel and the gravity building end up framing Spaceship Earth in a way, somewhat like some of the earlier rumors of when the hotel was expected over the entrance.

CrescentLake

Seems worse than TRON but TRON hasn't gone vertical yet. I don't really care if I see the TRON building outside of the park. Inside, we'll see.

Other than Storybook Circus, how are we going to see the Tron show building from inside the park? Who cares if you can see it from the outside?

And this is coming from someone who HATES visible show buildings.

Coaster Lover

In the Parks
No
Interesting to see them working so much on the walls with no visible work on the actual track or supports. Traditionally, for indoor coasters, the track work is (essentially) completed before any building framework goes up... here are just a few recent examples proving my point...

Tron: 0abd3ba393aace8a3ef9e4642c99a261.png Rock N Rollercoaster (Orlando): 77f364fba98ed9700985242bb1bcb255.jpg Space Mountain (Hong Kong): 227a98586a59fd696765a54c1934131b.jpg
Rock N Rollercoaster (Paris): 113930197.jpg Verboltin (Busch Gardens Williamsburg): maxresdefault.jpg Crush's Coaster (Paris): twister_101.jpg

Makes me wonder why the change for this one... Are they just building the walls first on the park/parking lot sides to hide the track layout/construction from prying eyes? Is the actual track delayed from the manufacturer and they are just doing what they can to limit delays? Or is it possible that the side of the building facing the park will have some elaborate themeing (possibly rock work?) which will take longer to complete, thus why they are constructing these walls first? I'm not sure...

marni1971

Park History nut
Premium Member
Interesting to see them working so much on the walls with no visible work on the actual track or supports. Traditionally, for indoor coasters, the track work is (essentially) completed before any building framework goes up... here are just a few recent examples proving my point...

Tron: View attachment 286954 Rock N Rollercoaster (Orlando): View attachment 286955 Space Mountain (Hong Kong): View attachment 286956
Rock N Rollercoaster (Paris): View attachment 286957 Verboltin (Busch Gardens Williamsburg): View attachment 286958 Crush's Coaster (Paris): View attachment 286959

Makes me wonder why the change for this one... Are they just building the walls first on the park/parking lot sides to hide the track layout/construction from prying eyes? Is the actual track delayed from the manufacturer and they are just doing what they can to limit delays? Or is it possible that the side of the building facing the park will have some elaborate themeing (possibly rock work?) which will take longer to complete, thus why they are constructing these walls first? I'm not sure...
Given the location it’s likely the park facing walls would be difficult to construct if they can’t use the foundation to work from.

Winter

Isn't the tall structure apprantantly just a big contrusction crane or something anyway? I wouldn't really consider it a major sightline problem when it will be there like 2 and a half years at most.

danlb_2000

Premium Member
Isn't the tall structure apprantantly just a big contrusction crane or something anyway? I wouldn't really consider it a major sightline problem when it will be there like 2 and a half years at most.

There has been a lot of debate about that, but I am leaning towards it not being a crane.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom