News Guardians of the Galaxy Cosmic Rewind attraction confirmed for Epcot

justintheharris

Now maybe it’s just me but the fact that the structure may be built before the rollercoaster track is set makes me concerned for the true intensity of this coaster. Like... im worried that less intense coasters don’t need their track placed before the show building is built around it. Is there anyone who could tell me I’m wrong? I would like that.

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member
Now maybe it’s just me but the fact that the structure may be built before the rollercoaster track is set makes me concerned for the true intensity of this coaster. Like... im worried that less intense coasters don’t need their track placed before the show building is built around it. Is there anyone who could tell me I’m wrong? I would like that.

It won't be intense. No inversions. Family-friendly.

Epcot ain't play Mission: Space Orange again.

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member
Can someone summarise for me - is this just going to be some thrill coaster that shoots around very fast.

Or will it be more themed, screens, anamatronics, follow a story line?

I can't seem to get any answer other than quotes it's similar to the crush coaster in Paris which ranks up there in one of the most unpleasant trashy 'six flag' type rides there is.

Is there any answer to this question that won't trigger you going off on a rant about how you hate it?

Coaster Lover

In the Parks
No
Like... im worried that less intense coasters don’t need their track placed before the show building is built around it. Is there anyone who could tell me I’m wrong? I would like that.

In most cases, the track is built first simply because of the compactness of the track/supports. It's much easier to build the track first then build a box around the track than it is to build the track within an already built box. (think of it like building a model ship then building the display case around the model ship as opposed to building the display case first then building the model ship within the display case). As others have pointed out, they may simply be building a wall or two of the structure simply because the positioning of surrounding roads/infrastructures would have made building the wall from the other side more difficult. You can already see that the building is going to be quite tall and (generally speaking) taller coasters are going to be more intense. It's highly unlikely that this will be the most intense coaster on property (though most coasters on property are relatively tame by coaster standards), but I'd imagine that it will at least be on the intensity level of Thunder Mountain or Space Mountain.

justintheharris

In most cases, the track is built first simply because of the compactness of the track/supports. It's much easier to build the track first then build a box around the track than it is to build the track within an already built box. (think of it like building a model ship then building the display case around the model ship as opposed to building the display case first then building the model ship within the display case). As others have pointed out, they may simply be building a wall or two of the structure simply because the positioning of surrounding roads/infrastructures would have made building the wall from the other side more difficult. You can already see that the building is going to be quite tall and (generally speaking) taller coasters are going to be more intense. It's highly unlikely that this will be the most intense coaster on property (though most coasters on property are relatively tame by coaster standards), but I'd imagine that it will at least be on the intensity level of Thunder Mountain or Space Mountain.

I can live with that level of intensity. I thought I heard somewhere though that Guardians of the Galaxy will feature a launch. I was thinking since Hollywood Studios has Rockin' Roller Coaster, Animal Kingdom has Expedition Everest and Magic Kingdom is getting Tron, that Guardians of the Galaxy would try to be a little more intense than Space Mountain so there's one intensely thrilling ride in each park. But, at the end of the day, if it's more intense than the Seven Dwarfs Mine Train, I think I'll be happy.

celluloid

Just to point out Big Thunder Mountain was built scenic first. As unusual as that may be, even for an outdoor coaster.

As far as intensity goes, audience range comes into play. Between people who do not like coasters at all, or major thrills they want Guardians to have massive appeal in age range like the films do. Especially with such a big scale.

Coaster Lover

In the Parks
No
I can live with that level of intensity. I thought I heard somewhere though that Guardians of the Galaxy will feature a launch.

It will have a launch... again though, intensity level and comparison to other coasters is just a guess on my part... there are certainly many "levels" of launched coasters of varying intensity so the mere fact that it launches is no indication alone of intensity level. Given that they are theming it to Guardians, I would think that there would be at least some "kick" to it....

Coaster Lover

In the Parks
No
Just to point out Big Thunder Mountain was built scenic first. As unusual as that may be, even for an outdoor coaster.

Well... kinda... but not really. For mountain coasters, you need to build the mountain superstructure the same time you build the track, here are some great photos of Thunder Mountain's construction. In some of the pictures further down the post, you can see sections where the superstructure and track are basically completed with none of the mesh-work rock applied yet. Everist followed a similar construction pattern:

http://www.imagineeringdisney.com/b...tain-railroad-construction-magic-kingdom.html

SpaceMountain77

That's for sure. Slinky is a launch coaster and from videos I've seen of it's testing, I can run along the track faster then Slinky goes. :)

To me, Slinky Dog Dash simply appears to be a longer version of Gadget's Go Coaster.
gadgets_go_coaster.jpg

trainplane3

why make video games when you can just make money watching everyone else make video games.....
Or retexture a knife model. Or a gun model. Or a trading card game.

I will say I'm proud that I do have a signed Gordon Freeman figure and original Orange Box (when the box was actually orange) that was signed by Gabe himself. And on a separate occasion I received about 2 dozen of the TF2 trading cards before they started selling them several years ago. But at this point, I'm a very bitter fan.

Haymarket2008

Have you rode crush coaster or just watched a youtube video of it? It ranks up there with Stitch as one of the cheapest tackiest attractions ever made at Disney. I refuse to believe any Disney imagineer had a hand in that.

Never been to DLP. But Crush’s Coaster looks like a garbage fire. So beyond tacky, I completely agree.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom