News Guardians of the Galaxy Cosmic Rewind attraction confirmed for Epcot

mikejs78

Premium Member
OMG! GotG is going to be one of these spinning coasters?!?!? I am gutted. What a shame. Because that one in AK is sooooo popular. I was so looking forward to the guardians ride. More simulators and more spin. My weak inner ear gives imagineering the proverbial "orange bird". I'm crushed. smh
Not spinning like Primeval Whirl, but rather it will turn in a controlled fashion.

JEANYLASER

I got confused about the train at the Guardians of the Galaxy roller coaster it will be controlled by Disney and Who will make it those trains at the Guardians of the Galaxy?:confused:

marni1971

Park History nut
Premium Member
lol, I some times wonder. It seems like we complain about absolutely every thing. I too always ask with all the complaints why are some of these folks even going. I know I surely wouldn't be dropping thousands of dollars on a place that I complain about constantly.
Why do people keep supporting their favourite team despite them loosing more than they win recently?

eliza61nyc

Why do people keep supporting their favourite team despite them loosing more than they win recently?
I've heard this analogy before and always thought it was very weak.

1) the difference with sports teams is that you can support them without having to spend a dime. I'm a huge eagles fan, we finally won our first super bowl, I haven't dropped a dime on them in years. not since the new stadium was built. that's my point, the price of tickets has outweighed the value. so I stopped going. most games nowadays are on some type of tv.

2) Next some times the act of actually going to a sporting event is worth the price. many people will go to a bar and watch a sporting event without liking the sport. the act of being there in and of itself is the draw. think olympics. most people are not huge curling fans but will have a good time rooting for their country's team. the fellowship in and of itself has value. Vacation destinations are designed differently. Vacation destinations usually offer things that bring you there. So if you are going to Disney and your overall view of the vacation is negative. no value. you aren't going to Disney for the "fellowship" outside of your family.

3) , I do think it's only Disney that we do this. I wonder would people consistently return to let's say Philadelphia if they thought the attractions sucked, the hotels sucked and the workers they encountered sucked?

4) lastly with most people a vacation is also a huge investment on time. If you are the normal American worker you get 10 days vacay time. You blow half of that on a place you constantly complain about? A sporting event is what 4 hours most and rarely requires you using vacation time.

I stand by my opinion. If you are dropping thousands of dollars, wasting precious time resources on ANY vacation and you are consistently coming back complaining about the place. just me, but I would start checking out other destinations.

Last edited:

marni1971

Park History nut
Premium Member

1) the difference with sports teams is that you can support them without having to spend a dime. I'm a huge eagles fan, we finally won our first super bowl, I haven't dropped a dime on them in years. not since the new stadium was built. that's my point, the price of tickets has outweighed the value. so I stopped going. most games nowadays are on some type of tv.

2) Next some times the act of actually going to a sporting event is worth the price. many people will go to a bar and watch a sporting event without liking the sport. the act of being there in and of itself is the draw. think olympics. most people are not huge curling fans but will have a good time rooting for their country's team. the fellowship in and of itself has value. Vacation destinations are designed differently. Vacation destinations usually offer things that bring you there. So if you are going to Disney and your overall view of the vacation is negative. no value. you aren't going to Disney for the "fellowship" outside of your family.

3) , I do think it's only Disney that we do this. I wonder would people consistently return to let's say Philadelphia if they thought the attractions sucked, the hotels sucked and the workers they encountered sucked?

4) lastly with most people a vacation is also a huge investment on time. If you are the normal American worker you get 10 days vacay time. You blow half of that on a place you constantly complain about? A sporting event is what 4 hours most and rarely requires you using vacation time.

I stand by my opinion. If you are dropping thousands of dollars, wasting precious time resources on ANY vacation and you are consistently coming back complaining about the place. just me, but I would start checking out other destinations.
There’s plenty of discussion like this from the past. Perhaps a thread search will give you answers.

ToTBellHop

Ok. I’m a DVC member. So I’m basically married to Disney and it would be an expensive divorce. I also still love our history together and the children we raised together. So I’m gonna stick it out. That said, we are married. I will point out her flaws and help her improve as best I can and within her capacity. It’ll cost me a lot of money each year but I still think it’s worth the investment. Arguably we are both flawed. If you don’t want to observe the intricacies of our marriage, you could go elsewhere. I’ve been hanging out here, venting with my friends since 2001. You don’t come to a coffee shop 10 years late and demand that everyone else change. You adapt, find a new one, or make a new one.

geekza

Those of us who complain, but continue to visit the parks, do so because WDW has provided us with memories and experiences over the years that are powerful and lasting. We've seen what Disney can do at their best and it's truly wonderful. We just want those high standards to continue to be met. The Disney parks are unlike any other theme parks in the world. Just look at the number of websites that are dedicated in one way or another to them compared to any other park. When Disney is firing on all cylinders, they can truly make magic. When they get lazy or seem to be sacrificing quality in the name of commerce, we complain. We do so, however, because we love what Walt Disney set in motion with Disneyland. We stick by the parks through bad and good, but we'll scream to high heavens when we think a mistake is being made, in the hopes that similar choices won't be made in the future. The great still far outweighs the bad at WDW. If there ever comes a time when that isn't true, hardcore fans will peel away. That hasn't happened yet, though.

TL/DR We criticize because we care.

GhostHost1000

Premium Member
Ok. I’m a DVC member. So I’m basically married to Disney and it would be an expensive divorce. I also still love our history together and the children we raised together. So I’m gonna stick it out. That said, we are married. I will point out her flaws and help her improve as best I can and within her capacity. It’ll cost me a lot of money each year but I still think it’s worth the investment. Arguably we are both flawed. If you don’t want to observe the intricacies of our marriage, you could go elsewhere. I’ve been hanging out here, venting with my friends since 2001. You don’t come to a coffee shop 10 years late and demand that everyone else change. You adapt, find a new one, or make a new one.

well said

rle4lunch

I agree with 98% of this post, except for one thing: this forum doesn't affect changes at Disney, but is more of a sounding board or support group for Disney addicts. In that case, this site is more mentally therapeutic rather than a force for change in the parks.

I come here for a little insider knowledge, playful banter and picture updates, amongst other minutiae. That doesn't mean I don't like reading the posts from peoplewho come here looking for a fight over their opinion. I find those just as fun and pathetic to read than the playful banter.

smile

lol, I some times wonder. It seems like we complain about absolutely every thing. I too always ask with all the complaints why are some of these folks even going. I know I surely wouldn't be dropping thousands of dollars on a place that I complain about constantly.

many of us are either employed by or in love with the themed entertainment/amusement park industry and it is virtually impossible to do that without discussing disney

we critique because we give a shiz, for our reasons... else we wouldn't bother

also tend to keep the below quote in mind when similar topics arise:
"The power of accurate observation is commonly called cynicism by those who have not got it."

montyz81

You say this like it is an all or nothing deal. I suspect that the complaints have not outweighed the goods yet, that is why people still go back. At least that is the way it is for me. I would have to say that Epcot is on the very edge. World Showcase still lives up to my expectations and TT2.0 and SSE's consistency still keep me coming back for the edutainment factor (LWL is also a bonus for me too). With that in mind, I feel that I am justified in using my voice only to provide the negative feedback. Should GoTG really stray from the original Epcot theme and pull more key rides with it, I will certainly provide feedback by making a choice of where to spend my money. I guess what I am saying is that I don't think it is as black and white as you say it is. There is still a return on investment for people even though they are displeased with some of the changes.

From a sports team perspective..I do spend lots of money on my sports team. The fact that they lost in the Superbowl last year doesn't change my desire to which them in person or spend money on them. I do feel justified in complaining about the decisions in trying to make the team successful. Bad in game coaching decisions. Bad off season moves. They are still the best franchise in modern NFL history to ever play the game, which outweighs my disatisfation for the negative stuff. Again, not an all or nothing deal.

Kman101

If most of us didn't think Disney was better, we wouldn't be on a Disney forum now, would we?

Not really sure why that poster acts like he's being personally attacked if people aren't praising Universal out of the wahoo. I mean, I know this will be a shocker to him, but both companies have had hits and misses in their theme parks. YMMV and all that jazz. It's a little ridiculous to constantly post a 'who did it better'. I mean, what's the goal? It comes off as juvenile, imho. Maybe he should change his name to Unihead ... I mean, lol.

Anyway ...

Kman101

many of us are either employed by or in love with the themed entertainment/amusement park industry and it is virtually impossible to do that without discussing disney

we critique because we give a shiz, for our reasons... else we wouldn't bother

also tend to keep the below quote in mind when similar topics arise:
"The power of accurate observation is commonly called cynicism by those who have not got it."

Being critical and being cynical are two different things.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom