News Guardians of the Galaxy Cosmic Rewind attraction confirmed for Epcot

Coaster Lover

In the Parks
No
These are awesome. I'm wondering how long till somewhere here lays out the design of the track from the footer layout, haha.

Doing such is almost impossible (IMHO). Given that some taller supports will utilize multiple footer, you cannot just "connect the dots" of the footers to determine the ride layout. Further, some footers could (possibly) be for internal support columns or footers for show elements. There are certainly some footers that can be aligned to say "there will probably be a low to the ground curve here", but I'd argue that this is the best you could do at this point. Once some of the supports start going in, it would be much more realistic to guess the layout.

disneyflush

I just got back Saturday, and it was the complete opposite for me. We had a great time at WDW, but I think I now understand all of the complaints about screens at Universal.
Well, more accurately, motion simulators.
Even with Dramamine, I was feeling some ill effects a few hours into each day. I think Express may have been actually working against me, as I had very few breaks between attractions.
At WDW, I'm fine as long as I avoid the teacups and Primeval Whirl. At Uni, I just had to keep finding the strength to soldier on.
I can ride roller coasters all day, but all of those motion simulators felt like an attack of deliberate cruelty.
My family has been to Uni 3 times over the last 5 years and we really like it there. However, I agree that the screens are a major issue. The first time we went I drifted between surprised at the number/reliance on them to annoyed by them. The 2nd time we went went from annoyed to angry at the laziness and size limitations apparently inspiring their implementation. We went back when Kong opened because the queue was amazing and after we rode it we just had the same reaction. The last time I went from angry/annoyed to no desire to ride those rides any longer. I found our family gravitating more to the kids rides like the Seuss train and E.T. where you could just ride instead of whipping around staring at a different screen every few seconds. At some point you just feel like you have ridden the same ride over and over again. Transformers, Spiderman, Kong, etc., most things just felt way too herky jerky The parks have came a long way and are really nice but they'll need to do more to keep the current upward trajectory on growth besides building a great queue, put a ride system in that jerks people around enough to be considered "exciting", surround them with 3D screens, then spit them out into a merchandise store with a kind of baffled thought on if they would actually ride that again.

HwdStudio

Interesting thought!
What are the chances that the road between the load building and the show building stays and the launch between the buildings is inclined (not necessarily dissimilar to Space Mountain at Disneyland Paris) and goes over the road? I mean, it just seems like if the road were going to go, they'd have removed it by now and you'd see footers for the launch where the road is now. There also seems to be some large steel girders at the back of the work site. Usually, I'd see something like this for a roof of a show building like this, but it seems far too early for that now. Could these girders be to build a tunnel over that road?

Then again, if you were going to re-route the road, it would go behind the show building and you wouldn't want to do that until construction of the show building is much further along. Could easily demo the road and build a (flat) launch track while working on teh show building.. so yeah.. maybe not... (seriously, I don't know... just spit-balling here...)

I've made a crude image of what this could be like below, but "You'll have to forgive the crudeness of this model. I didn't have time to paint it or build it to scale."

View attachment 284166

rle4lunch

My family has been to Uni 3 times over the last 5 years and we really like it there. However, I agree that the screens are a major issue. The first time we went I drifted between surprised at the number/reliance on them to annoyed by them. The 2nd time we went went from annoyed to angry at the laziness and size limitations apparently inspiring their implementation. We went back when Kong opened because the queue was amazing and after we rode it we just had the same reaction. The last time I went from angry/annoyed to no desire to ride those rides any longer. I found our family gravitating more to the kids rides like the Seuss train and E.T. where you could just ride instead of whipping around staring at a different screen every few seconds. At some point you just feel like you have ridden the same ride over and over again. Transformers, Spiderman, Kong, etc., most things just felt way too herky jerky The parks have came a long way and are really nice but they'll need to do more to keep the current upward trajectory on growth besides building a great queue, put a ride system in that jerks people around enough to be considered "exciting", surround them with 3D screens, then spit them out into a merchandise store with a kind of baffled thought on if they would actually ride that again.

Agree about Kong. Very underwhelming.

Kman101

I think it's fun. Interesting idea (which, shocker, is now replicated by F&F). Not the absolute best execution in terms of screens (the fight sequence is the best). But I like the big animatronic and the fight sequence. Maybe could have been a little 'more'. But I like it a more than some of the other screenz attractions. But I can see why some might find it underwhelming.

Mat Cauthon

I know we have seen a pic of the prototype trains, but have we seen these videos?
The new Time Traveler coaster at Silver Dollar City in Branson, MO does this tech on a pretty epic scale IMO.
<div style="position:relative;height:0;padding-bottom:45.39%"><iframe src="" style="position:absolute;width:100%;height:100%;left:0" width="793" height="360" frameborder="0" allow="autoplay; encrypted-media" allowfullscreen></iframe></div>

Incomudro

"Whipped around and staring at a different screen every few seconds"
That's it exactly.
This is why when my family and I left Uni (our last trip - and first visit to Uni - started at Uni) Disney felt like such a relief.
The Disney rides went somewhere.
From Pirates, to Jungle Cruise, to HM, to ToT, to RnR, to Everest, Safari, Dinosaur, and so on.

Incomudro

I guess you guys are right, Universal SUCKS because they have a giant exposed steel launch coaster themed to superheros. Truly lazy Six Flags doo doo. Disney is SOOOOOOO much better than that.

cl5yrp9a6wa01.jpg

If most of us didn't think Disney was better, we wouldn't be on a Disney forum now, would we?

raymusiccity

The new Time Traveler coaster at Silver Dollar City in Branson, MO does this tech on a pretty epic scale IMO.
<div style="position:relative;height:0;padding-bottom:45.39%"><iframe src="" style="position:absolute;width:100%;height:100%;left:0" width="793" height="360" frameborder="0" allow="autoplay; encrypted-media" allowfullscreen></iframe></div>

....and the theme is dirt & gravel ?!

smile

I wasn't referring to the theme of the ride but to Disneyhead'71's videos of spinning coasters prototypes.

consider differences between a free spin, a controlled (free) spin, and pre-programmed orientation

eliza61nyc

If most of us didn't think Disney was better, we wouldn't be on a Disney forum now, would we?
lol, I some times wonder. It seems like we complain about absolutely every thing. I too always ask with all the complaints why are some of these folks even going. I know I surely wouldn't be dropping thousands of dollars on a place that I complain about constantly.

Club34

OMG! GotG is going to be one of these spinning coasters?!?!? I am gutted. What a shame. Because that one in AK is sooooo popular. I was so looking forward to the guardians ride. More simulators and more spin. My weak inner ear gives imagineering the proverbial "orange bird". I'm crushed. smh

aladdin2007

I personally would like to see the inside of the Energy building right now. any photos of that?

me too, since it was gutted and the back side opened up and everything must be interesting in there. Probably looked massive once totally emptied. Major construction inside at this point Im guessing, but I wouldn't expect to see any leaked photos.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom