News Guardians of the Galaxy Cosmic Rewind attraction confirmed for Epcot

Kamikaze

No, that’s just the example that popped out to me while writing. With that said, if you want more Uni-centered discussion then you kind of have to go over there (vice versa for Disney over here), since neither site keeps up quite as much with the other company.

But you brought up Universal. Everyone knows F&F is a terrible attraction without having to go to a Universal focused site to figure that out.

His opinion, your opinion, anyones opinion is what they post and people read. Its broken down to that individual post even. You can't say 'oh, go check him out on the tweets, he says other stuff there'. You can't expect people to do 'research' into other people just because they have an opinion.

Jones14

But you brought up Universal. Everyone knows F&F is a terrible attraction without having to go to a Universal focused site to figure that out.

His opinion, your opinion, anyones opinion is what they post and people read. Its broken down to that individual post even. You can't say 'oh, go check him out on the tweets, he says other stuff there'. You can't expect people to do 'research' into other people just because they have an opinion.
Was the issue not that he apparently rags on Disney and praises Universal too much? I was providing an example of him praising Disney and ragging on Universal; nobody’s asking anyone to do research.

Kamikaze

Was the issue not that he apparently rags on Disney and praises Universal too much? I was providing an example of him praising Disney and ragging on Universal; nobody’s asking anyone to do research.

No, thats not what @Kman101 said. He said that @Disneyhead'71 acts as if he (disneyhead) is being attacked if someone (another poster) doesn't praise Uni. Nothing about disneyhead praising/bashing Uni himself.

montyz81

I think it’s fair to say New Fantasyland was a case in point of fan outrage changing Disney’s course of action. Not just this forum necessarily, but it’s clearly one of the more respected.
I'd say the outrage over the direction change for Epcot has been far more vocal in these boards then for NFL. It seems the imagineers controlling this Epcot Redo have their Bluetooth headsets in their ears with Bob Iger talking about financial results playing and on the loudest setting . I would even bet that the Disney firewalls block all Parks and Resorts related fan sites like this one. Lastly, I bet there is a padlock on all archives related to the original designs, scripts and themes for Epcot Center 1982. (Yep, my Epcot Center fanboy anger just came out there a bit)

mikejs78

Premium Member
I think it’s fair to say New Fantasyland was a case in point of fan outrage changing Disney’s course of action. Not just this forum necessarily, but it’s clearly one of the more respected.
Not being around these boards at the time, what was the outrage and what was the change in Disney's course that it resulted in?

geekza

I'd say the outrage over the direction change for Epcot has been far more vocal in these boards then for NFL. It seems the imagineers controlling this Epcot Redo have their Bluetooth headsets in their ears with Bob Iger talking about financial results playing and on the loudest setting . I would even bet that the Disney firewalls block all Parks and Resorts related fan sites like this one. Lastly, I bet there is a padlock on all archives related to the original designs, scripts and themes for Epcot Center 1982. (Yep, my Epcot Center fanboy anger just came out there a bit)
One of us. One of us. Gooble gobble. We accept you.

disneyC97

The Tour de Turtles attraction, at Disney's Vero Beach Resort, shares its ride technology with Alien Swirling Saucers, in the soon to open Toy Story Land at Disney's Hollywood Studios, and Mater's Junkyard Jamboree at Disney California Adventure.

Board your sea turtle and hang on tight as the current of the gulf stream takes you on a journey through the Atlantic — only at Disney's Vero Beach Resort.
And the new Woody ride in Shanghai and Big Hero 6 ride coming to TDL!

wdisney9000

Truindenashendubapreser
Premium Member
Not being around these boards at the time, what was the outrage and what was the change in Disney's course that it resulted in?
On these forums it was mostly people calling a spade a spade, which was that FLE took 5 years to build a kiddie coaster, M&G and a restaurant and lacked substance. Of course, there were some who heralded it as the most immerisve, innovative and family friendly thing Disney ever created.

lazyboy97o

The originally announced plans had a Cinderella and Aurora meet and greet complex on the Seven Dwarfs Mine Train site. They were clearly operation nightmares in the making and were already being reconsidered when announced, but people like to credit themselves and Staggs.

Last edited:

matt9112

could have had a rollercoaster twice as grand with more show scenes.... theres drawings from Lee somewhere. I think it turned out nice but didn't add much capacity and cosT WAY MORE than it should have. most modern magic kingdom issues IMHO opinion have to do with addressing crowds and capacity or lack there of.

matt9112

The originally announced plans had a Cinderella and Aurora meet and greet complex on the Seven Dwarfs Mine Train site. They were clearly operation nightmares in the making and were already being reconsidered when announced, but people like to credit themselves and Staggs.

pretty sure pixie hollow was in original plans and seven dwarfs was put in for the boy crowd?

Biff215

I was referring to the change from Aurora and Snow White houses (and possibly Pixie Hollow) to Mine Train. If Disney was already considering that change then I don't know why they would have announced something different. IMO they were clearly gauging the guest reaction and had a backup plan ready to go. Of course Mine Train could have been even better reportedly, but I'll still take it over the glorified meet and greets that would have taken up the same space. Belle is well done and connects nicely with BoG and the village, but we certainly didn't need two more similar experiences.

I certainly don't think it's the norm for Disney to react to fan feedback. If they did that, they would never get anything off the ground. GotG in Epcot is a perfect example of this. Personally I saw RnRC as the perfect place for GotG with it likely needing a retheme anyway (if Guardians HAD to go somewhere). But I've given in at this point (what choice do we really have) and I'm hoping they surprise us with this one.

lazyboy97o

I was referring to the change from Aurora and Snow White houses (and possibly Pixie Hollow) to Mine Train. If Disney was already considering that change then I don't know why they would have announced something different. IMO they were clearly gauging the guest reaction and had a backup plan ready to go. Of course Mine Train could have been even better reportedly, but I'll still take it over the glorified meet and greets that would have taken up the same space. Belle is well done and connects nicely with BoG and the village, but we certainly didn't need two more similar experiences.
Disney announces early. It’s just what they do. It’s not about testing the waters. Seven Dwarfs Mine Train was ultimately co-financed between Magic Kingdom and Shanghai Disneyland. So while the coaster was on-and-off for Magic Kingdom it remained on for Shanghai Disneyland.

Kman101

No, thats not what @Kman101 said. He said that @Disneyhead'71 acts as if he (disneyhead) is being attacked if someone (another poster) doesn't praise Uni. Nothing about disneyhead praising/bashing Uni himself.

Thank you. Not attacking him, I just think he's better than turning it into a you-know-what-contest a lot of the times. He just acts personally attacked and I think he's better than that.

Jones14

Fantasyland was also the unfortunate Disney follow-up to Hogsmeade, and Mine Train’s last minute addition pushed the land into phased openings.

When Mine Train finally opened, it really drove home that Disney wasn’t interested in rivaling Forbidden Journey or Gringotts (and with no major announcements until 2015, it didn’t look like they ever would be).

Little Green Men

The Tour de Turtles attraction, at Disney's Vero Beach Resort, shares its ride technology with Alien Swirling Saucers, in the soon to open Toy Story Land at Disney's Hollywood Studios, and Mater's Junkyard Jamboree at Disney California Adventure.

Board your sea turtle and hang on tight as the current of the gulf stream takes you on a journey through the Atlantic — only at Disney's Vero Beach Resort.
I’m at Vero Beach right now. Where is this exactly?

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom