News Guardians of the Galaxy Cosmic Rewind attraction confirmed for Epcot

Kman101

precisely, and that quote is a reminder to be mindful of the difference between the two...
however, the actions of twdc warrant both, which is why they persist.

Oh, I agree it warrants both, lol. Some just seem cynical because it's fun to play the cynic, just pointing out there's a difference. But most of us are here because we care, we all just have different ways of showing said care, lol.

I'm slowly inching back towards cynical with some of their decisions as of late. Always seems to be a step forward and then two steps backwards with their decisions. We can never actually be fully happy with what they do (they make it hard)

SteveAZee

For me, the forums are a learning experience, from the rumors to details to analysis. I do this with movies and TV shows as well. If I post an opinion (or see an opinion I agree with) and then read a counter-argument, it's an opportunity to learn and perhaps adjust my perspective on things.

Kman101

For me, the forums are a learning experience, from the rumors to details to analysis. I do this with movies and TV shows as well. If I post an opinion (or see an opinion I agree with) and then read a counter-argument, it's an opportunity to learn and perhaps adjust my perspective on things.

That's how I've always tried to look at it as well. I've posted with other 'opinionted fanbases' and it's rare to come across a place like this. It's great to have such differing opinions. Personally I've learned a ton being on these forums.

smile

Oh, I agree it warrants both, lol. Some just seem cynical because it's fun to play the cynic, just pointing out there's a difference. But most of us are here because we care, we all just have different ways of showing said care, lol.

I'm slowly inching back towards cynical with some of their decisions as of late. Always seems to be a step forward and then two steps backwards with their decisions. We can never actually be fully happy with what they do (they make it hard)

true true

remaining fluid is most healthy tho -
maintaining one's elasticity to go back and forth is vital for an honest view... of anything.

gotta be cool with self-criticism, too; teetering one side or the other too far without reason makes little sense.

the happy medium seems to be somewhere between being so enamored that you can't call a spade a spade and becoming so jaded you can't give credit where it's due.

Jones14

Not really sure why that poster acts like he's being personally attacked if people aren't praising Universal out of the wahoo. I mean, I know this will be a shocker to him, but both companies have had hits and misses in their theme parks. YMMV and all that jazz. It's a little ridiculous to constantly post a 'who did it better'. I mean, what's the goal? It comes off as juvenile, imho. Maybe he should change his name to Unihead ... I mean, lol.

Anyway ...
I’ve gotta chime in here. @Disneyhead'71 has been pretty vocal about Uni’s misses too (look no further than the F&F thread on InsideUniversal) and was just talking about how pleasantly surprised he was by how TSL is turning out to be.

We all have our biases (and most on here lean more towards Disney, for obvious reasons), but it’s not like he’s carrying a torch for Uni in every thread.

Kman101

I’ve gotta chime in here. @Disneyhead'71 has been pretty vocal about Uni’s misses too (look no further than the F&F thread on InsideUniversal) and was just talking about how pleasantly surprised he was by how TSL is turning out to be.

We all have our biases (and most on here lean more towards Disney, for obvious reasons), but it’s not like he’s carrying a torch for Uni in every thread.

OK.

It's just more frequent than necessary. IMO, and all that.

Biff215

So, out of curiosity, have either of you seen a change made at WDW that can be attributed to the feedback (not necessarily yours) provided on this forum?
I think it’s fair to say New Fantasyland was a case in point of fan outrage changing Disney’s course of action. Not just this forum necessarily, but it’s clearly one of the more respected.

Kamikaze

Are you saying we should follow him on other sites to get his 'real' opinion?

Jones14

Are you saying we should follow him on other sites to get his 'real' opinion?
No, that’s just the example that popped out to me while writing. With that said, if you want more Uni-centered discussion then you kind of have to go over there (vice versa for Disney over here), since neither site keeps up quite as much with the other company.

PizzaPlanet

Ok. I’m a DVC member. So I’m basically married to Disney and it would be an expensive divorce. I also still love our history together and the children we raised together. So I’m gonna stick it out. That said, we are married. I will point out her flaws and help her improve as best I can and within her capacity. It’ll cost me a lot of money each year but I still think it’s worth the investment. Arguably we are both flawed. If you don’t want to observe the intricacies of our marriage, you could go elsewhere. I’ve been hanging out here, venting with my friends since 2001. You don’t come to a coffee shop 10 years late and demand that everyone else change. You adapt, find a new one, or make a new one.
I have to ask- what are the children you raised with Disney in this analogy?

matt9112

Universal Studios is a weird place for theming, man. Tons of thought put into stuff like Race Through New York and Fast & Furious but then you get stuff like that or Rip Ride Rockit. People will bring up Slinky Dog Dash being an exposed coaster forever but at least it isn't like this.

PW6vnux.jpg

they embrace the studio feel still....fake facades and tie ins it IMHO allows them to get away with a collective mix of stuff that sometimes makes no sense. They are not themed lands (except potter) in the traditional since they all have a studio vibe still. hard to abandon that without redoing the front entrance. theres some rides i will miss at Disney but those crowds oh man no thanks.

SpaceMountain77

Ok. I’m a DVC member. So I’m basically married to Disney and it would be an expensive divorce. I also still love our history together and the children we raised together. So I’m gonna stick it out. That said, we are married. I will point out her flaws and help her improve as best I can and within her capacity. It’ll cost me a lot of money each year but I still think it’s worth the investment. Arguably we are both flawed. If you don’t want to observe the intricacies of our marriage, you could go elsewhere. I’ve been hanging out here, venting with my friends since 2001. You don’t come to a coffee shop 10 years late and demand that everyone else change. You adapt, find a new one, or make a new one.

I, too, am a DVC member and have multiple contracts across three home resorts. If Walt Disney World evolves into an experience that I no longer enjoy, then I have resolved to visit Vero Beach annually, for the Tour de Turtles, and reserve a three bedroom beach cottage.

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member
I, too, am a DVC member and have multiple contracts across three home resorts. If Walt Disney World evolves into an experience that I no longer enjoy, then I have resolved to visit Vero Beach annually, for the Tour de Turtles, and reserve a three bedroom beach cottage.

Do the turtles spin wildly or is it controlled?

SpaceMountain77

Do the turtles spin wildly or is it controlled?

The Tour de Turtles attraction, at Disney's Vero Beach Resort, shares its ride technology with Alien Swirling Saucers, in the soon to open Toy Story Land at Disney's Hollywood Studios, and Mater's Junkyard Jamboree at Disney California Adventure.

Board your sea turtle and hang on tight as the current of the gulf stream takes you on a journey through the Atlantic — only at Disney's Vero Beach Resort.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom