News Guardians of the Galaxy Cosmic Rewind attraction confirmed for Epcot

Disneyhead'71

So it looks good in a long exposure with uplighting. That's great for the 6 people that take this photo on the 4 nights a year when the park is open past sundown.

It's an exposed steel roller coaster that offers backstage views in a park that has highly themed areas. It's out of place.
Considering they have 2 different Potter night time shows, the park will probably be open more than 4 nights this year.

And saying exposed steel coaster sounds like saying an exposed carousel. "Alex, I'll take 'Things You See In A Theme Park' for $1000."

Kman101

No one's begrudging a coaster's place in a theme park. Just personal preference and all that good stuff.

Heck, I've been telling people to stop making a big deal out of Slinky and saying the park needs more ugly flat rides because a park needs actual things to do.

Disneyhead'71

I guess you guys are right, Universal SUCKS because they have a giant exposed steel launch coaster themed to superheros. Truly lazy Six Flags doo doo. Disney is SOOOOOOO much better than that.

cl5yrp9a6wa01.jpg

Kman101

I guess you guys are right, Universal SUCKS because they have a giant exposed steel launch coaster themed to superheros. Truly lazy Six Flags doo doo. Disney is SOOOOOOO much better than that.

cl5yrp9a6wa01.jpg

lol

it's really not that serious :)

Personal taste and all that ;)

I think we're aware both parks can make some bad decisions. Again: it doesn't always need to be a competition.

It's like a lot of things going on now in the world. "Well, THEY DID IT BAD TOO! SEE!!!" lol

It doesn't make either better or worse than the other because "they did it bad too". It's sad we have to compare who did it worst.

Disneyhead'71

You accuse others of blind allegiance and yet almost always trot out this same response regardless of its relevance.
Dude, they literally just said Universal is an inferior product because they have a giant exposed steel coaster that you can see backstage from that they tacked superheroes on just like six flags. How is not appropriate to point out that every single justification for their reasoning can be said about Disney's new Incredicoaster?

Little Green Men

Dude, they literally just said Universal is an inferior product because they have a giant exposed steel coaster that you can see backstage from that they tacked superheroes on just like six flags. How is not appropriate to point out that every single justification for their reasoning can be said about Disney's new Incredicoaster?
Where did they say that?

danlb_2000

Premium Member
There is a sever crane shortage in central FL.

And there is no doubt in my mind that the vertical steel is the bottom of the tower crane. The attraction has not gone vertical yet.

I was originally leaning towards it being a tower crane, but now that there are two big boom cranes on site, I less sure. I also noticed that the piece that has been put up doesn't have a ladder in it to get to the operators cabin, and I doubt this is something that would be bolted on later.

Jones14

I don’t have a problem with Hulk. They made a solid effort to plus it (added theming in the second half, onboard audio), and every ride that takes place outdoors has some level of visual intrusion. You can see bare Frontierland rooftops from Splash Mountain, all of backstage from Tower of Terror, and the back of World Showcase from Test Track, and nobody bats an eye.

Kman101

I don’t have a problem with Hulk. They made a solid effort to plus it (added theming in the second half, onboard audio), and every ride that takes place outdoors has some level of visual intrusion. You can see bare Frontierland rooftops from Splash Mountain, all of backstage from Tower of Terror, and the back of World Showcase from Test Track, and nobody bats an eye.

We bat an eye. But it is what it is. Personally I depsise seeing what I can from Test Track. That really bothers me. I would have loved them moving the Tomorrowland Speedway to behind Test Track and giving that back area some theming and something else for everyone to do. Wouldn't it make sense and go a long way towards a transportation area again? Put Aquatopia over by the Seas. But I know many probably cringe at the thought.

I mean, not everyone loves those coasters. Again, it is what it is. Not really a big deal lol. Just because I don't adore Hulk doesn't mean I think Universal is 'inferior'. I love Universal. But we all have our own personal tastes. Some act like it's a personal attack when Universal gets criticized (not you!). I love a lot of what they do, and like Disney, in other areas could be better. I give what I think is fair praise and criticism when it's warranted. No real "right" or "wrong" here. Just personal opinion :)

For when Hulk was built, it's fine.

Personally I don't like Super Hero Island. It's tacky. But Spider-Man's probably my favorite ride. So there ya go. It's ok to criticize and want them to do better even if what's there isn't "awful" so to speak.

Kman101

Hulk is just behind MK’s castle as the most often used image/video in the media to advertise Orlando, in the uk.

I can’t take anyone calling B&Ms an eyesore seriously. They’re masterpieces of the coaster world.

I'm glad you enjoy it. Don't really appreciate the "can't anyone seriously" based on that though. It's not always appealing to everyone. Aren't we allowed to have opinions? Personal taste and all that?

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom