News Guardians of the Galaxy Cosmic Rewind attraction confirmed for Epcot

Disney Maddux

With how high the new coaster support is, could that bring back in the possibility of a flying coaster? Or is it just because the coaster will launch from the second floor of the Ellen building?

trainplane3

Ah, so still the spinning system that's kind of similar to HPatEFG? Except you will keep moving after the launch rather than the motion simulator sections in Gringott's?
I'm not in the know, but it appears that way. From what's been said on here (and any of you guys that know, please correct me) it'll have no show stops after the launch. The ride will have controlled spinning vs the free spinning that Primeval Whirl has.

Please check out: https://forums.wdwmagic.com/threads/rumor-and-timeline-tracker-v-2.934137/#post-7911457
All details mentioned about the ride should be in there.

Also, I see this forum and others are getting bombed right now @wdwmagic:
Capture.PNG

brb1006

I'm not in the know, but it appears that way. From what's been said on here (and any of you guys that know, please correct me) it'll have no show stops after the launch. The ride will have controlled spinning vs the free spinning that Primeval Whirl has.

Please check out: https://forums.wdwmagic.com/threads/rumor-and-timeline-tracker-v-2.934137/#post-7911457
All details mentioned about the ride should be in there.

Also, I see this forum and others are getting bombed right now @wdwmagic:
View attachment 283425
It always happens late a night for some reasonl

marni1971

Park History nut
Premium Member
Not long now before the construction site looks like a Jackson Pollock painting.

(Couldn’t resist)
Itll certainly be something that rhymes with that.
But they're replacing a coaster with a coaster.

Hulk's not an eyesore?
Nope.
The comparison everyone keeps making to the new HP coaster is Hong Kong’s Grizzly Mountain.
Pretty good one.
So there will definitely be mostly outdoor portions?
Yes. At least two of the indoor scenes should be rather good.
Ah, so still the spinning system that's kind of similar to HPatEFG? Except you will keep moving after the launch rather than the motion simulator sections in Gringott's?
Think less spin, more directional. If it works.
It always happens late a night for some reasonl
Because it’s morning elsewhere?

Disneyhead'71

Hulk's absolutely an eyesore and so is Rip Ride Rockit.
I couldn't disagree more. I think it is a beautiful coaster.

the-incredible-hulk-coaster.jpg

Visible coasters and water slides that aren't tan seem to be pet peeves of Disney fans unless Disney does it, then it just fine.

The new Potter coaster will be considerably more thrilling than Grizzly Mtn. And have a lot more AAs.

And concerning a JP coaster, Jurassic Park is a theme park. You know what you find in theme parks? Roller Coasters.

GlacierGlacier

It's a nice looking coaster. But it (and its counterpart land to the opposite side of the entrance tunnel) absolutely destroy any kind of theming or beauty. That path from the gate to the lake is the best part of the park - coherent styling, architecture, absolute quality. But the jarring transition once you look to your left to the hulking (heh) steel structure it just doesn't feel right.

If you took the opposite approach to hulk, I can agree. Walking through the superhero and comic style area towards the green flashes you see above the rooves gives you a series of wonderful teases followed by the perfect view.

Not to mention a lot of the track is spaghetti, hidden between the cannon and the outer park wall.

It's beautiful from the right angles.

Kman101

Visible coasters and water slides that aren't tan seem to be pet peeves of Disney fans unless Disney does it, then it just fine.

The new Potter coaster will be considerably more thrilling than Grizzly Mtn. And have a lot more AAs.

And concerning a JP coaster, Jurassic Park is a theme park. You know what you find in theme parks? Roller Coasters.

Nope. Not a Disney/Universal thing for me. Not everything is (but it works both ways, just saying) with the whole "well if Disney did it it gets defended". Well, not really. You have read the Slinky and Tron threads, correct?;)

I'm glad you defend Universal like always though. lol. Couldn't be more predictable. Didn't really need to defend it at all, really :)

It is interesting what we justify as fans, though, isn't it ;)

Let's not pretend it's more than a coaster. I'm not saying it's not a well done coaster. But coasters are often vastly overhyped IMHO. It's no different than a Six Flag coaster with the Superman name slapped on top and a coat of paint and boom you have a themed coaster. It's lazy. Most coasters are a lazy way to get a thrill into the park. But I guess that's OK. Because, you know, theme parks and coasters and Universal can do no wrong. Have I checked off all the boxes? lol

Shall we move on to Rip, Ride Rockit?

EDIT: I'm honestly saying a lot of this in jest. I don't truly begrudge Hulk, at the time it was built budgets were different and they did what they could but it was a step above Six Flags at the time, sorry, just how I feel, different strokes for different folks and all that. But I do feel a certain way about coasters. I didn't realize my own opinion on it would elicit such a defense, lol. It's really not that serious. I'm not trying to "be right" here. It's just an opinion ....

I don't understand why we have to constantly do the "mine is better" thing, as Martin has said it doesn't always need to be a competition ... I'm not criticizing to get a reaction, just expressing an opinion which we're all entitled to. If you love it and find it beautiful that's great. I think a lot of coasters are lazy. But I don't begrudge parks devoted to them. I just usually want a little more ...

Last edited:

Disneyhead'71

Nope. Not a Disney/Universal thing for me. Not everything is (but it works both ways, just saying) with the whole "well if Disney did it it gets defended". Well, not really. You have read the Slinky and Tron threads, correct?;)

I'm glad you defend Universal like always though. lol. Couldn't be more predictable. Didn't really need to defend it at all, really :)

It is interesting what we justify as fans, though, isn't it ;)

Let's not pretend it's more than a coaster. I'm not saying it's not a well done coaster. But coasters are often vastly overhyped IMHO. It's no different than a Six Flag coaster with the Superman name slapped on top and a coat of paint and boom you have a themed coaster. It's lazy. Most coasters are a lazy way to get a thrill into the park. But I guess that's OK. Because, you know, theme parks and coasters and Universal can do no wrong. Have I checked off all the boxes? lol

Shall we move on to Rip, Ride Rockit?
We could, I don't really have a problem with Rockit although I do wish they didn't bring it out the firehouse window into the NYC set.

And no one is saying Universal can do no wrong considering the raging dumpster fire known as Fast & Furious: Supercharged.

Kman101

We could, I don't really have a problem with Rockit although I do wish they didn't bring it out the firehouse window into the NYC set.

And no one is saying Universal can do no wrong considering the raging dumpster fire known as Fast & Furious: Supercharged.

I edited my post if you missed it :)

Rockit actually isn't the worst. I'll give it that, lol. I'm just not a big fan of these kind of coasters but I know many love them. Not trying to "be right" here. I know I'm in a minority not loving every big coaster, lol.

Supercharged ... oy. Where to start?

EDIT: I know we're already off-topic but just wanted to add I think Uni is doing a good job with their Hotel game. Cabana Bay was great and I'm looking forward to Aventura and their budget hotels. Will definitely be staying more on property there. Can't say the same about staying on property at Disney (which I haven't done in at least 10 years at this point, when in 2006-2008 they got quite a bit of my money at the hotels).

Disneyhead'71

I know it might not mean anything, but have we seen a tower crane at walt disney world with rusted metal? I've always seen them with color in bio reconstruct photos
There is a sever crane shortage in central FL.

And there is no doubt in my mind that the vertical steel is the bottom of the tower crane. The attraction has not gone vertical yet.

RSoxNo1

So it looks good in a long exposure with uplighting. That's great for the 6 people that take this photo on the 4 nights a year when the park is open past sundown.

It's an exposed steel roller coaster that offers backstage views in a park that has highly themed areas. It's out of place.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom