News Guardians of the Galaxy Cosmic Rewind attraction confirmed for Epcot

Kman101

For what it's worth, I'm not a fan of exposed coasters either. But neither Slinky or Tron bother me. Dragon Challenge didn't either until they added Potter next to it. I don't like Hulk. Or Rip Ride Rockit. Those are eyesores. I wouldn't call Slinky an eyesore but to each their own.

Last edited:

Rteetz

Not sure if that is part of the ride, or the start of a tower crane.
Yeah, that looks like a crane. Show building walls are typically something insulated metal panels, they don’t need anything that large to hold them up.
CC2DA537-601B-48D9-9010-F233EF0516F7.jpg

I am thinking the red is tower crane pieces and blue is building steel. These are two different sizes and the blue looks a bit large to be a tower crane.

Casper Gutman

But they're replacing a coaster with a coaster.

Hulk's not an eyesore?
I’d rather not have Hulk, but honestly it doesn’t clash particularly badly with the candy-colored, pseudo-futuristic comic feel of the area. Rockit is worse.

And, while we still lack a lot of details, Uni seems to be replacing two completely naked coasters with a low-to-the-ground, indoor/ outdoor ride with significant show scenes. I’m OK with that.

Honestly, neither park is eschewing wholly or partially naked coasters, much as I wish they would. I was mostly just thumbing my nose at the old canard that WDW was superior because it lacked naked coasters.

Tron does bother me because from everything we’ve seen the curved, swooping, IPad-y aesthetic, not to mention the giant external track loop, clashes heavily with the more angular, pulp-retro look of the rest of the land. Which makes sense, since Tron was designed for a very different land and just plopped down here.

In my mind Slinky doesn’t clash with its surroundings because all of TSL is a cheap, minimum-effort mess. It’s similiar to Goofy at MK - the whole land screams that Disney didn’t care, so why should we?

lazyboy97o

View attachment 283336

I am thinking the red is tower crane pieces and blue is building steel. These are two different sizes and the blue looks a bit large to be a tower crane.
That might be true. It’s hard for me to tell if the blue is a corner or a box. It would make sense for Disney to request that some walls go up first, despite the more difficult coordination, to block views of the track.

Mike S

I’d rather not have Hulk, but honestly it doesn’t clash particularly badly with the candy-colored, pseudo-futuristic comic feel of the area. Rockit is worse.

And, while we still lack a lot of details, Uni seems to be replacing two completely naked coasters with a low-to-the-ground, indoor/ outdoor ride with significant show scenes. I’m OK with that.

Honestly, neither park is eschewing wholly or partially naked coasters, much as I wish they would. I was mostly just thumbing my nose at the old canard that WDW was superior because it lacked naked coasters.

Tron does bother me because from everything we’ve seen the curved, swooping, IPad-y aesthetic, not to mention the giant external track loop, clashes heavily with the more angular, pulp-retro look of the rest of the land. Which makes sense, since Tron was designed for a very different land and just plopped down here.

In my mind Slinky doesn’t clash with its surroundings because all of TSL is a cheap, minimum-effort mess. It’s similiar to Goofy at MK - the whole land screams that Disney didn’t care, so why should we?
The comparison everyone keeps making to the new HP coaster is Hong Kong’s Grizzly Mountain.

Rodan75

For what it's worth, I'm not a fan of exposed coasters either. But neither Slinky or Tron bother me. Dragon Challenge didn't either until they added Potter next to it. I don't like Hulk. Or Rip Ride Rockit. Those are eyesores. I wouldn't call Slinky an eyesore but to each their own.

Agreed, but I always thought Hulk worked for that land. Rip Ride Rockit feels the most egregious.

Kman101

That would be great to the extent that Grizzly, like Thunder, isn’t naked. I just hope it has more show scenes.

It's not naked but lots of track and it's mostly outdoors. It's just hidden better. I hope Uni does something similar. With an added indoor scene or two. I want more details because I feel like people are getting their hopes too high with this one. But I could be wrong.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom